Cloud and foldersync process does not end

Noddyliten

Noddyliten

Installed beta version and restarted Emby (4.2.0.9)

Movies; The Perfection and Rim of the world is showing as 92% in the "download and syncronize" link. These two movies I have two versions of. Can choose between the origional and the mobile version in Emby. In other words they are ok. Should not show 92% when they have finished syncronizing. 

Cloud and folder sync is now stalled at 23.8%

post-397482-0-97359900-1558905369_thumb.jpg

Edited by Noddyliten

23 is just the half of 46 since you're having 2 files right now.

Did you try the sync from scratch? Or are those relicts from previous sync attempts?

If yes, could you please delete those files from the synced files.

Then restart Emby and try to sync a single (new) file.

Then post the log.

PS: Thanks for your patience...

• Like 1

@@Noddyliten - Thanks for sending the log

In the log I could see a movie 'Perfection' that was converted and copied to the destination alongside 8 subtitle files.

What was the state of the Cloud and Folder sync task afterwards?

I'd suppose it was still hanging and that's why the other movie ('Joy') wasn't copied after it had been converted.

I'd also suppose that ('Joy') will be copied if you cancel the task (if possible) and re-run. Or after you restart Emby server.

If my assumptions are correct, then we've learned something new: It does not hang during video copy, it doesn't hang during subtitle copy, it hangs at some point afterwards..

Noddyliten

Hi, not sure if I can answer your question. But I noticed this.

I did a new convertion of Perfection and Joy. None of the movies was copied to the original folder. I then clicked the "download and syncronise" link. Then I clicked "Save". I think for one of the the file got saved to the original folder, but for the other not. I had to restart Emby server to get the last one saved to the original folder.

But, in the "download and syncronise" link it still sais 92% transferred, which is not correct. The files have been saved in the original folder.

I will try some more later as I think my description of what happened is not 100% correct. But, it's not working 100% yet anyway.

Running Emby 4.2.0.10

post-397482-0-96882100-1559167333_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot for testing.

Most probably this is due to an internal deadlock when writing to the database.

It's hard to trace down because it doesn't happen on our side, but we're about to investigate this in more detail.