Cloud and foldersync process does not end

Noddyliten

Noddyliten

Hi, I have a Cloud and folder sync process running for +6 hours and apparently stalling. It has been hanging at 46.1%. What I did was doing a convertion of a movie to mobile format 4Mbs. After that process has finished the cloud and folder sync process starts, but it never finishes.

Is this a known bug?

Not sure which logs I should attach.

Noddyliten

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks !

I did look at that link so the post is correct then I guess. But it does not state which one of the 15-20 loggs I should attach? 

And it is still at 46.|% so something is wrong I think.

Noddyliten

I have just converted the three top files to 4Mbs .mp4 files. I then pressed download. Why is the last one showing a green arrow for downloaded and the top three showing an image of the movie? All should be with a green arrow.

And, when I click on one of the top three movies I can only see one version vs the last one where I can pick between two versions.. There is two files in the folder. One original and one .mp4 version.

I have also restarted the server without any effect.

I'm just adding this as it relates to the same process which I think is buggy.

-----------Just an update----------

Now, suddenly both versions are available. It took about 45 minutes for them to show. Sounds suspicious that it takes such a long time after the conversion and folder sync.

And, starte converting two movies, which have finished. Now the foldersync process is stalled at 1.5%. Have restarted the server several time, but stalls. Something wrong with that process.

Btw, can see Emby server is using roughly 9% of intel I9900 cpu. No movie playing on the server.

post-397482-0-54118000-1551119924_thumb.jpg

Edited by Noddyliten

Noddyliten

Just for info, I can see 7 files converted stored in this folder;

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\sync

Emby not able to move them to the library I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
Noddyliten

Embyserver.exe using roughly 9% cpu but no movie is playing, no indexing, nothing.

At startup, the foldersync process is started, but as previously reported there is a bug and this process never finish. It stalls at 1.5%. I kill this process from within the Emby server dashboard. I just mention this in case this process never gets killed as it should be and are still using cpu.

post-397482-0-52422200-1553495358_thumb.jpg

I'm reporting that Emby is using 9% cpu even thou nothing is running of processes!

How are you determining that nothing is running?

Are you experiencing an actual problem?

Noddyliten

As I stated in the first post "Embyserver.exe using roughly 9% cpu but no movie is playing, no indexing, nothing.".

Is Emby supposed to use 9% cpu ideling?

There are no movies being shown, no indexing, no nothing, no transcoding. Has been 9% for many many hours. 

My suggestion was because of the bug when transcoding a move to 4mbs, mobile format and this does not finish, maybe it stalls. But, that was just a suggestion. Note thtat I'm cancelling the cloud and folder sync activity in the dashboard as it stoppes at 1.5% and never goes beyond that. This bug I have reported in another thread, that the trascoding functionality does not work. (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/70567-cloud-and-folder-sync-process-stalling/)

Happy2Play

Without a server log it is impossible to say.  How are you determining Emby is not doing something?  Only time I see the embyserver.exe utilizing the cpu is when Emby is doing something.

As I stated in the first post "Embyserver.exe using roughly 9% cpu but no movie is playing, no indexing, nothing.".

The server will do what you tell it to do. If you created a conversion or sync job, then this job will execute and it will impact your CPU.

The same goes for any other setting you may have enabled, as well as the Scheduled Tasks within the server.

Noddyliten

<<The server will do what you tell it to do. If you created a conversion or sync job, then this job will execute and it will impact your CPU.

Yes, but the job was cancelled in the interface.

Which log should I attach to this post?

The server will do what you tell it to do. If you created a conversion or sync job, then this job will execute and it will impact your CPU.

Some process cannot be interrupted immediately so may take some time to actually stop.

Also, there is no way for you to really know exactly what the server is doing at any given time but it will consume CPU resources when it needs to do something.

If you were not experiencing any sort of issue, then I think everything is okay here.

Thanks.

Noddyliten

Well, I cancelled the cloud and foldersync because it never finish. Had been running for more than 3 days...

And, no, there is something wrong. Emby should not consume 9% of the cpu for several days.

The log should tell you what processes are running unless i attached the wrong log.

Ok, I'm going to merge the two topics as it looks like this is all the same discussion. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Noddyliten

Hi, I have previously reported that there was problems with the cloud and folder sync process. After the latest release this has been improved but there are still issues. It does not finish. Been like this for more than 24 hours. Attached image.

Emby process running at 9%, no movie is showing or other activites.

post-397482-0-76977500-1556952920_thumb.jpg

Emby Log.txt

post-397482-0-08320200-1556953106_thumb.jpg