Cloud and foldersync process does not end

Noddyliten

abc789987

I am also having Cloud & Folder Sync constantly display in my Sever Dashboard under the Running Tasks.  Always seems to be at 46.1%.  Would you like another log file?

Hi, I have previously reported that there was problems with the cloud and folder sync process. After the latest release this has been improved but there are still issues. It does not finish. Been like this for more than 24 hours. Attached image.

Emby process running at 9%, no movie is showing or other activites.

Are you sure you posted the correct log file? 

The FolderSync plugin isn't even listed there:

Plugins: Auto Box Sets 1.2.2.0
Cinema Mode 1.0.14.0
CoverArt 4.0.98.0
Dlna 1.0.13.0
Fanart.tv 1.0.2.0
MovieDb 1.0.8.0
MusicBrainz 1.0.5.0
Nfo Metadata 1.0.11.0
OMDb 1.0.5.0
Open Subtitles 1.0.15.0
Playback Reporting 1.3.2.0
Port Mapper 1.0.1.0
Reports 1.0.26.0
Server Configuration Backup 1.3.4.0
Statistics 2.0.9.1
Studio Images 1.0.0.0
TheAudioDb 1.0.4.0
TheTVDB 1.0.7.0

I am also having Cloud & Folder Sync constantly display in my Sever Dashboard under the Running Tasks.  Always seems to be at 46.1%.  Would you like another log file?

Yes, that would be great. Please also enable "debug" on the logs page. 

Then restart.

Then reproduce the problem.

Thanks.

@@abc789987 and @@Noddyliten - maybe I missed something, but from the conversation I couldn't figure out what kind of Cloud Sync provider this is all about?

Google Drive, DropBox, FolderSync..?

Edited by softworkz

Noddyliten

After doing a converting s movie to mobile format the folder sync process startd when the conversion has finished. It stalls at 46%

@@abc789987 and @@Noddyliten - maybe I missed something, but from the conversation I couldn't figure out what kind of Cloud Sync provider this is all about?

Google Drive, DropBox, FolderSync..?

Actually that's interesting because he doesn't have either the dropbox or google drive plugins installed.

After doing a converting s movie to mobile format the folder sync process startd when the conversion has finished. It stalls at 46%

Can you please explain exactly what you are doing?

And what process exactly is stalling? Thanks.

Noddyliten

I have previously attached an image showing the process running that is stalling. And, I have also previously explained this.

I'm converting a move from it's origional format to a mobile format (.mp4). After that process has finished, the file is temporarily converted to the C:/ drive, the folder sync process starts to copy the file to the same folder as the origional file - which is not in the cloud, but on my local drive! Your have callled this process "Cloud and folder sync"!. If the naming confuses you so fix it. Copying of the file is the folder sync process I guess. This is the process that stalles. 

Btw, I don't have this isse anymore, but sense there was another uses who experienced the same I have explained it once more.

And, I'm not using this functionality in Emby anymore, instead I'm using HandBrake.

post-397482-0-96493600-1558323766_thumb.jpg

Edited by Noddyliten

Ah I see, this may have just been an I/O stall. Unfortunately the .net core file transfer api that we're using doesn't allow us to monitor the progress of it.

abc789987

What is the log file I need to upload?

I've enabled logging and I have an embyserver.txt file but it shows my ip address and maybe other personal information?  What's the best way of uploading a log of what you need?

5ce2d4a5f3d62_cloudandfoldersync.png

What is the log file I need to upload?

I've enabled logging and I have an embyserver.txt file but it shows my ip address and maybe other personal information?  What's the best way of uploading a log of what you need?

5ce2d4a5f3d62_cloudandfoldersync.png

You can send that via private message. Thanks.

@@abc789987 - Thanks for the logs. Could you please answer the questions I've been asking above about what you want to sync, how you do that, and what's the target of the sync process?

Noddyliten

I have already answered that in an earlier post: After doing a converting of movie to mobile format the folder sync process starts when the conversion has finished. It stalls at 46%. I have no idea why this process starts after the movie has been converted to the mobile format. Looks like the convertion process stores the file in a temporary catalogue on the C: drive. Then the folder sync process copies it to the same folder as the original file. But hey, you should know!

I've done some further investigation on this issue and a few new questions:

• In case when the transfer gets stuck at 46% - Is the main video file already copied to the target folder?
  • Did the file you were converting have external subtitles?
    (external means separate files in the same folder)
    • If yes - could you look for a video without external subtitle files and try to convert it in the same way?
      (should you decide to delete subtitle files for testing, you'll need to do a full library scan before proceeding to convert it)

Thanks for your assistance!

abc789987

I haven't done any downloading of any videos to any of my connected devices in a while.  While in the Devices > Download & Sync , then Sync Jobs section I had one item that was showing up as only partially downloaded (90% or something like that).  It might have been there for a while?  All other items show up as downloaded.  I just removed the one item with a partial download, I wonder if that will stop the syncing issue.

I am not sure if the video with partial download had external subtitles.  I've had multiple versions of the video, so hard to tell what was used with it.   The main video I have of it does have internal and external subtitles...  

I will do a video sync with a new video tonight with external subtitles.

I've done some further investigation on this issue and a few new questions:

• In case when the transfer gets stuck at 46% - Is the main video file already copied to the target folder?
  • Did the file you were converting have external subtitles?
    (external means separate files in the same folder)
    • If yes - could you look for a video without external subtitle files and try to convert it in the same way?
      (should you decide to delete subtitle files for testing, you'll need to do a full library scan before proceeding to convert it)

Thanks for your assistance!

abc789987

Deleting the partial download in the Download & Sync, Sync Jobs seems to have fixed it for me.  It's been almost 3 days and the sync seems to come and go as it's supposed to.  

Thanks for looking into the issue.  

I wonder if this was the same thing that was causing the issue for @@Noddyliten ?

Noddyliten

Looks like it has nothing to do if there are external text or not (.srt). Tried both and they worked. I started a convertion of 4 movies in a sequence. Two of them worked (one had external text, .srt and the other did not have).

Then, the last two did not work. Hanging at 46.1%.

If you want me to provide logs, please specify which once.

Edited by Noddyliten

Thanks a lot for trying and reporting.

Have you tried with the latest beta?

If yes, it would be great if you could post the logs as we've added some additional logging information to find out what's happening here.

• Like 1

Noddyliten

Running version Versjon 4.1.1.0, is that the latest one, e.g, beta?

How do I download the beta?