Add DV, Atmos, DTS:X, HDR10+, HLG information to database

FrostByte

FrostByte
5 minutes ago, gacopl said:

I noticed on the web portal of emby you can recognize you have dolby vision file there is dvhe in the codec metadata at bottom of info page
image.png.56f1b8b2e2357d161e28440c89b8426a.png

Shame that info is not where it should be:
image.png.7b408779194645c8002ffc8df736a155.png

Especially when we can't tonemap Dolby Vision its useful to know you will not be able to play that file....

I believe that only shows when using mp4, but that would be a start.

cybergrimes

Edit my original post as I've found a few topics that are related. I added my +1 here since I'd like to see this too, it would be nice to filter on these items.

Edited by cybergrimes

• 1 month later...
blumamba

I don't know if you can add a section/modify while showing the stats for nerds in the ATV (Shield TV Pro) to display currently playing HDR/DV material instead of showing what is supports.

Meaning where is shows supports "hdr10/DV" it would show "HDR Type: HDR10 bla bla" or "HDR Type: DV"

I think I read somewhere this would have to be done by exo devs, but cant remember for sure and thus the request.

FrostByte

The server is going to have to be updated to recognize DV in a file first before any clients will be able to show this

Edited by FrostByte

• 1 month later...
jsc1205

Plex has finally been able to identify movies with Dolby Vision, so hopefully Emby can now do the same.  This is currently working on the web version of Plex and has not yet been pushed to clients.  See example screenshot.

Example.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
rbjtech

I gave up waiting for ffmpeg - and modified all my container's (automatically) with the correct codec titles with MediaInfo CLI .. and mkvpropedit to write the detected data - no need to remux that way.

It's not the end solution though, as I can't sort or filter on it - but at least it displays what I need to see and thus know what to expect to happen on my TV and AVR when I press play ... ;)

image.png.b78424559fafc74d0aa1a0bf14963710.png

image.png.25eff38ba2dc2a6887139afff3c9d211.png

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Cheesegeezer

Lets mark this as in-progress 😉

dunno why my privileges have been removed to do this.

@CBers @Abobadercan you mark this as in-progress please

5BDC7825-186E-436C-9125-3413327CC87E.jpeg

8E6BAE97-EFBE-4F76-865F-98A8B35AE8B6.png

D37CB2D1-730A-487C-B9D2-DE9D2700BB80.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

I would like to add that this is only for updating the display titles, we can’t mess with anything else but, it will achieve the goal of displaying the upto date formats

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, jsc1205 said:

@CheesegeezerI'm not seeing this MediaInfo plugin under the catalog....am I missing something?

In progress fella only started it a few hours ago. 

• Haha 2

FrostByte
1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Lets mark this as in-progress 😉

dunno why my privileges have been removed to do this.

@CBers @Abobadercan you mark this as in-progress please

Done

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
46 minutes ago, neik said:

Brilliant idea, cheese.

Will this also work on Linux?

I cant see any reason why not. I’m using MediaInfoCLI commands and got some initial good info from a debian/ubuntu developer(sorry i dunno the difference) 

• Like 1

Junglejim
1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I cant see any reason why not. I’m using MediaInfoCLI commands and got some initial good info from a debian/ubuntu developer(sorry i dunno the difference) 

This looks cool! Can't wait to give this a spin. :) I'm a bit OCD when it comes to stream title tags and this would be perfect.

As for debian/ubuntu, Ubuntu is based off Debian so not much difference at all. My fav OS "MX Linux" is also Debian based as is my NAS "OMV". I'm sure we could run this in Linux.

I know there is a mediainfo docker available too so maybe I could run this solely from my NAS (which is were Emby is installed via docker).. 👍 That would be cool!

Edited by Junglejim

12 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Done

I removed it because we use this to track things being worked on in the core.  This plug-in is fine as a stop-gap but is not the end result we'll be looking for.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, ebr said:

I removed it because we use this to track things being worked on in the core.  This plug-in is fine as a stop-gap but is not the end result we'll be looking for.

Thanks.

are you waiting for FFmpeg/probe to update?

Just now, Cheesegeezer said:

are you waiting for FFmpeg/probe to update?

That would definitely allow us to do this.  Also, when we have this data available, we may end up creating new properties on the item.

rbjtech
15 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I would like to add that this is only for updating the display titles, we can’t mess with anything else but, it will achieve the goal of displaying the upto date formats

You could also write the updated title back to the source file header using mkvpropedit should the user wish to have that option.  This is what my script does.  Not sure of the situation with other containers - I presume there are MP4 utilities for this, mp4Box maybe ?

The main advantage of this is the data is then stored in the source file (per internal track) - so on an emby rebuild (for example) then the title is just re-imported - as it does today with the current titles.

Edited by rbjtech

Cheesegeezer

Spent a little more time this evening on this. 
got all the info and I’m starting to play with it.

CLI programs are soooo fussy on the syntax wasted about 2 hrs debugging and fining out that i had something unnecessary in the command lol grrrrrr.

Need to do some conditional string formatting,  and then i will test with my only tester!! 

should be done pretty quickly i think.

BBD48123-C18B-45B5-9CEE-1DD871728FA2.png

• Like 2

chef

Hey @Cheesegeezer check this out LOL!

I use it in auto organize to test the resolution of video info... Dunno if you can use it, since you are calculating  possible formats.... I know this thread is about Audio, but maybe useful... or someday be useful.

I went through and calculated all the square roots of all the possible diagonal pixel ratios on modern (and not so modern) tv formats, and came up with this little treat of a method. Works like a  charm too.

It assumes that nothing is interlaced anymore. LOL!

private string ApproximateScreenResolution(int width, int height)
       {
            //Calucate the diagonal of a rectange/square
            var diagonal = Math.Round(Math.Sqrt(Math.Pow(width, 2) + Math.Pow(height,2)), 2);

if (diagonal <= 800) return "480p"; //4:3
            if (diagonal > 800 && diagonal <= 1468.6) return "720p"; //16:9
            if (diagonal > 1468.6 && diagonal <=  2315.32) return "1080p"; //16:9 or 1:1.77
            if (diagonal > 2315.32 && diagonal <= 2937.21) return "1440p"; //16:9
            if (diagonal > 2937.21 && diagonal <= 4405.81) return "2160p"; //1:1.9 - 4K
            if (diagonal > 4405.81 && diagonal <= 8811.63) return "4320p"; //16∶9 - 8K

return "Unknown";
         }

• Like 1

FrostByte

I loaded the mediainfo package on Synology DSM7.  I hope this will work :)

image.png.5cab30554f5ee7415b57cd5a30746092.png

rbjtech
6 hours ago, chef said:

Hey @Cheesegeezer check this out LOL!

I use it in auto organize to test the resolution of video info... Dunno if you can use it, since you are calculating  possible formats.... I know this thread is about Audio, but maybe useful... or someday be useful.

I went through and calculated all the square roots of all the possible diagonal pixel ratios on modern (and not so modern) tv formats, and came up with this little treat of a method. Works like a  charm too.

It assumes that nothing is interlaced anymore. LOL!

private string ApproximateScreenResolution(int width, int height)
       {
            //Calucate the diagonal of a rectange/square
            var diagonal = Math.Round(Math.Sqrt(Math.Pow(width, 2) + Math.Pow(height,2)), 2);

if (diagonal <= 800) return "480p"; //4:3
            if (diagonal > 800 && diagonal <= 1468.6) return "720p"; //16:9
            if (diagonal > 1468.6 && diagonal <=  2315.32) return "1080p"; //16:9 or 1:1.77
            if (diagonal > 2315.32 && diagonal <= 2937.21) return "1440p"; //16:9
            if (diagonal > 2937.21 && diagonal <= 4405.81) return "2160p"; //1:1.9 - 4K
            if (diagonal > 4405.81 && diagonal <= 8811.63) return "4320p"; //16∶9 - 8K

return "Unknown";
         }

Nice !

Hi @chef - up to Cheese of course, but we've also been discussing HDR and the notorious Dolby Vision flavours as well - mediaInfo picks them all up - and thus can incorporate those into the display as well.  From mediainfo generally, there are huge number of possible values, so the trick is going to be what to identify as useful / needed.   

From a personal perspective, it's just the 'extra' layer of details not available from ffmpeg such as Atmos/DTS:X etc and the level of HDR/DV plus the video bitrate.

• Like 1

As I had mentioned somewhere before (as that it will come), DV data is available from ffprobe since 5.0:

image.png.5e87c65ef7abea9fde5177230b581955.png

Just to let you know that it's not far away anymore..

Edited by softworkz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1