4.1.0.26 - Package Availability

solabc16

solabc16

Hello All

The 4.1.0.26 update for Synology/XPEnology systems will be rolling out over the next 24-48 hours.

For supported models, this will see us switching the runtime from Mono to .NET Core.

So bear with us as we work through this, I'll post any updates here as and when required.

Best

- James

solabc16

Hello All

The following packages are now available, I'll keep updating this list as additional packages are released over the weekend:-

Platform Architecture | Runtime

---------------------------------

apollolake            | .NET Core

xpenology*            | Mono

braswell              | .NET Core

avoton                | .NET Core

rtd1296               | Mono

armada38x             | Mono

cedarview             | .NET Core

evansport             | Mono

monaco                | Mono

armadaxp              | Mono

6281                  | Mono

armada370             | Mono

armada375             | Mono

broadwell             | Mono

denverton             | Mono

x64                   | .NET Core

bromolow              | .NET Core

xpen-barcelona        | Mono

alpine4k              | Mono

xpen-core2            | Mono

xpen-core2-sse41      | Mono

alpine                | Mono

comcerto2k            | Mono

xpen-sandybridge      | Mono

broadwellnk           | Mono

xpen-haswell          | Mono

xpen-silvermont       | Mono

armada37xx            | Mono

xpen-westmere         | Mono

grantley              | Mono

* default target architecture, custom architectures to follow (ref. https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-Custom-Package-Architectures-for-XPEnology)

If you're not sure of your Synology's architecture, you can use the following reference as a guide : https://www.synology.com/en-uk/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/Compatibility_Peripherals/What_kind_of_CPU_does_my_NAS_have

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
silver_2000
Is there a way to go back to  4.1.0.26?

4.1.1.1 has caused a bunch of issues with our Server - 

Play lists gone or not working , metadata missing, episodes missing etc 

silver_2000
Is there a way to go back to  4.1.0.26

4.1.1.1 has caused a bunch of issues with our Server - 

Play lists gone or not working , metadata missing, episodes missing etc 

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in more detail? we're happy to help. Thanks.

silver_2000

I have posted in a number of locations some of the details including this thread here

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/73538-after-4111-on-synology-the-playlists-are-missing/

essentially since the update we have had a series of issues with missing metadata and playlists.

playlists that have no path and therefore are not working correctly. But when you look at the file level the playlist XML still has the content in it but none of the movies are showing in the playlist in the web interface.

we have been trying to solve the problems individually and come to the conclusion that there's something wrong with the way the update treated the database. We are hoping a downgrade would get us back to where it was before.

Mychale6563

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in more detail? we're happy to help. Thanks.

Okay... here is what is happening..... (I'm silver_2000's wife and the builder of the media server)

1. The playlists that were available and working disappeared after the last update. 4.1.1.0-1. The playlists' are in the /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/playlists  folder and contain the paths to all the content of the playlist. But they are not showing up in either the web interface, mobile app or via Roku. One of the playlists from before the upgrade (BTU) is actually still visible in the interface, but has only 1 movie left in it (the original playlist had 11 day, 6 hours and 31 minutes of content in it), as if it's been wiped, AND it does NOT appear in the /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/playlists  folder. (see attached playlist screenshots ) As you can see from the screenshots, there are a number of playlists that are listed in the folders, but not displaying in the interface.

2. After the Update (ATU), Metadata on almost every TV Series in one of my Libraries appears to be corrupted. I have done a scan to detect missing metadata to no avail. The TV Shows are visible, however, when you click on them to look at the Seasons and Episodes, they are not showing. For a couple of these shows, I moved the content out of the media server library.... removed all the metadata files, then copied back over to the media server library and rescanned. Two of the shows are now visible, however, another two other shows, I've done the same thing to and they still are not available. The Seasons have just disappeared. (See Metadata screenshots below) You can click on the Next Up video and if you have play episodes automatically enabled, it will play all of the videos. But you can't pick and choose which episodes you want to watch because you can't access the Seasons.

3. If you look at the .nfo files and the directories for the TV Shows that don't show the episodes and then look at the ones that do show, they are very different. All of the Season images are missing and not outlined in the ,nfo file. Where did they go? They were all there and working BTU. It just doesn't make sense. The TV Shows in the current show library are not having this issue. It seems like it's the libraries that don't get the content updated as much. I've tried to find common denominators and have had no success.

Are these known issues and will there be a fix for them soon. I'm not sure what steps to take now. Do I need to completely re build the entire server? I sure hope not. That we be a LOT of work. Please advise.

post-9748-0-23260700-1558299805_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-47202700-1558299815_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-58397200-1558299825_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-21993300-1558301373_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-41445400-1558301396_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-32105000-1558301439_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-70203800-1558301455_thumb.jpg

The Closer_07x01_Unknown Trouble.nfo

tvshow.nfo

post-9748-0-49399800-1558302103_thumb.jpg

post-9748-0-89271500-1558302114_thumb.jpg

working tvshow.nfo

post-9748-0-11840200-1558302541_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mychale6563

• 2 weeks later...
Mychale6563

Okay... here is what is happening..... (I'm silver_2000's wife and the builder of the media server)

1. The playlists that were available and working disappeared after the last update. 4.1.1.0-1. The playlists' are in the /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/playlists  folder and contain the paths to all the content of the playlist. But they are not showing up in either the web interface, mobile app or via Roku. One of the playlists from before the upgrade (BTU) is actually still visible in the interface, but has only 1 movie left in it (the original playlist had 11 day, 6 hours and 31 minutes of content in it), as if it's been wiped, AND it does NOT appear in the /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/playlists  folder. (see attached playlist screenshots ) As you can see from the screenshots, there are a number of playlists that are listed in the folders, but not displaying in the interface.

2. After the Update (ATU), Metadata on almost every TV Series in one of my Libraries appears to be corrupted. I have done a scan to detect missing metadata to no avail. The TV Shows are visible, however, when you click on them to look at the Seasons and Episodes, they are not showing. For a couple of these shows, I moved the content out of the media server library.... removed all the metadata files, then copied back over to the media server library and rescanned. Two of the shows are now visible, however, another two other shows, I've done the same thing to and they still are not available. The Seasons have just disappeared. (See Metadata screenshots below) You can click on the Next Up video and if you have play episodes automatically enabled, it will play all of the videos. But you can't pick and choose which episodes you want to watch because you can't access the Seasons.

3. If you look at the .nfo files and the directories for the TV Shows that don't show the episodes and then look at the ones that do show, they are very different. All of the Season images are missing and not outlined in the ,nfo file. Where did they go? They were all there and working BTU. It just doesn't make sense. The TV Shows in the current show library are not having this issue. It seems like it's the libraries that don't get the content updated as much. I've tried to find common denominators and have had no success.

Are these known issues and will there be a fix for them soon. I'm not sure what steps to take now. Do I need to completely re build the entire server? I sure hope not. That we be a LOT of work. Please advise.

Do I need to post this topic somewhere else in order to get some feedback? I'm still experiencing huge issues since the last update and I REALLY don't want to have to rebuild the database I've been working on for YEARS since back in the Media Browser days.... It would take forever.... but I'll do it if I have to.... I would just really like some feedback. Please let me know the status of this issue. I either want to go back to a more stable version, or move forward to a beta release or something.... being stuck in limbo is awful. 

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

~Mychale

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I see this on my Synology NAS 918+

Version 4.3.10

A new version of Emby Server is available!

Version 4.4.0.40 is now available for download.

I continue to not see an update available in package center. Please advise

Thanks