Question about my hard drive

dgjr7llrivera
Go to solution Solved by dgjr7llrivera,

dgjr7llrivera

Hello Everyone, 

I need some help. I am really new to all this media server, etc., but love new apps and technology. Long story short, I wanted to have a local media server, so the family can have access to pictures, videos, etc., this was all done via wifi and I user my pc and set it up as the emby server. Typically prior to today, when I would add contect to the folder I choose it would update the contact and the server would display the new content, I would even get notification on the right hand side on PC confirming new media has been added. This is where the issue is "It is no longer happening" no sure if there was an update recently or the feature was removed, I have tried everything from the little knowledge I have, I have asked the server to scan libraries, I have tried to remove items and add them back on, nothing works, if I log into it using my android phone add (emby), it will display old outdated content. Can someone please help me fix this or provide me some guidance how to get this fixed ? Also just an FYI I have the premiere version that comes with added features. Thank you in advance for your support. 

• Solution
dgjr7llrivera

Grr! I hate myself now, but maybe this will be a learning experience for someone else, I figure out what the issue was. So at one point in time I installed a blu ray player today, in doing so, I may have disconnected or loosen the data cable or the power cable to the hard drive where I setup the paths for the meda (E:), I was able to get the hard drive back online, but when this happened windows change the hard drive letter to (I:), so when emby server was attempting to find the media to make the appropriate changes it was looking for the drive with the letter (E:), not (I:), I just deleted the folders and re created them again. Hope this helps someone else having the same issue. I would be nice if Emby could design something that would say drive (x) is currently not online, I know it would probably say something in the logs about it, but again I am new to this. But Tks again

• Like 1