Live TV Channel Limit? Channel Filtering and Guide grid empty sometimes

jeramie
Go to solution Solved by Spaceboy,

jeramie

I have an hdhomerun quad and an IPTV subscription that i've connected to emby.

The iptv provider has over 4000 channels, obviously i wouldn't want all of those included.  I seem to be missing where you filter out groups of channels, like i don't want any of the Spanish channels, how do i tell it not to import those from the m3u url?

Is there a channel limit for emby live tv? sometimes when i open up the guide it loads perfectly fine.. and fast.. other times it just sits there.  i check the server and its not overloaded or anything.

Thanks a lot

EDIT:

Also, it doesn't appear that all the channels show up in the guide when it does load up fine.. seems to load about a 1000 of them give or take.

Edited by jeramie

Hi there, right now you'd have to just edit the m3u. We plan to expand our channel management features in an upcoming update to allow you to better control this. Thanks.

jeramie

thanks for the info, i think i'll use xteve (i've used it for plex for a while) and filter through that. hopefully it works well with emby.

What about a channel limit? does emby have a practical channel limitation like plex's ~480 limit?

EDIT: so i notice that many of my channels don't appear in the guide grid, but if i search for them emby finds them fine.  it seems like approx 500 channels show up in the grid.

Edited by jeramie

We don't have any channel limit that we're enforcing, but that number seems like a reasonable limit to me.

• Like 1

• Solution
Spaceboy

thanks for the info, i think i'll use xteve (i've used it for plex for a while) and filter through that. hopefully it works well with emby.

What about a channel limit? does emby have a practical channel limitation like plex's ~480 limit?

EDIT: so i notice that many of my channels don't appear in the guide grid, but if i search for them emby finds them fine. it seems like approx 500 channels show up in the grid.

theres no limit. There are two rather obscure arrows right at the bottom of the grid screen that will take you to the next X channels.
  • Like 2

jeramie

theres no limit. There are two rather obscure arrows right at the bottom of the grid screen that will take you to the next X channels.

oh wow i didn't even see those! lol thanks a lot spaceboy!