91 replies to this topic

#41 theghost31 OFFLINE  

theghost31

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Local time: 07:57 AM

Posted 10 May 2019 - 05:35 PM

Hi @Luke, I'm not sure, I don't want to be confused with my issue but I think it's really close with the @Aerowinder report :)
In my case I have only h264 so it's not only h265

So If it's autorized, I link my issue that I reported since February ;). If it's not the same issue, please don't considerate it here

Regards 

Edited by theghost31, 10 May 2019 - 05:36 PM.

#42 Aerowinder OFFLINE  

Aerowinder

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Local time: 01:57 AM

Posted 10 May 2019 - 09:07 PM

Issue still occuring on fresh install of Emby on fresh Fedora 30 VM.

#43 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 52067 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:09 AM

Im having this issue too, with Nvidia shield. Happens randomly. Only the shield is affected.

Hi. That sounds like the Shield firmware bug.  Search the Android TV forum for the thread and there is a link to a person you can contact to potentially get a fix.

Thanks.

• Aerowinder likes this

#44 Aerowinder OFFLINE  

Aerowinder

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:13 AM

Hi. That sounds like the Shield firmware bug. Search the Android TV forum for the thread and there is a link to a person you can contact to potentially get a fix.

Thanks.

There may be bugs with Shield, but I’m having the same issue without it. I confirmed it’s not my Emby install, or my VM. I’m not sure what else I can do to help you guys track down the issue, but there is definitely a problem.

#45 swan27matt OFFLINE  

swan27matt

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Local time: 06:57 AM

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:18 PM

HI I am having the same issue since latest update when playing .mkv tv shows through firefox. a 22 minute show will stop playing at around 17-18 minutes and screen goes blank.    

#46 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 52067 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:32 AM

There may be bugs with Shield, but I’m having the same issue without it. I confirmed it’s not my Emby install, or my VM. I’m not sure what else I can do to help you guys track down the issue, but there is definitely a problem.

HI I am having the same issue since latest update when playing .mkv tv shows through firefox. a 22 minute show will stop playing at around 17-18 minutes and screen goes blank.    

Do both of you have subtitles enabled when this is a problem?

#47 fachizel90 OFFLINE  

fachizel90

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 04:57 PM

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:11 PM

Im not on nvidia shield having trouble through chrome and opera. But its inconsistent, doesnt always happen. Would say about 30% of the time. No subtitles.

Edited by fachizel90, 14 May 2019 - 04:11 PM.

#48 Aerowinder OFFLINE  

Aerowinder

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:46 PM

No, I don't use subtitles.

#49 swan27matt OFFLINE  

swan27matt

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:46 PM

Same here, Subtitles are not on

#50 gideon82 OFFLINE  

gideon82

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:50 PM

Same issue here. Highly annoying. Starting to think about switching to be honest as it seems this has been going on for months and isn't given high priority.

Emby is running on a Windows Server that has enough resources, the files I play and are impacted are most likely x265 format (haven't checked them all) and my playback device is Android based. It's not the Shield and it really seems to be an issue with Emby. Throttle on or off doesn't seem to make a difference and it doesn't seem to happen all the time. Basically the same as posted before in this and other threads.

Edited by gideon82, 19 May 2019 - 12:56 PM.

#51 Itrocan OFFLINE  

Itrocan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 10:57 PM

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:45 AM

Seeing the same issue, occurs with both audio(flac) and video(h264 encoded mkv).

FreeNAS server 11.2 release with emby 3.5.2.0 (11.2-RELEASE-p4 plugin)

Linux client with firefox 66.0.1

Certain files will stop or stall at reliably specific points, I can just skip over those segments and continue.  I first thought it was a corrupted file but downloading directly from the source didn't have any sort of playback error.  Accessing the media url via Inspect Element and stalling still occurs.  Odd bit, I let a music file stay stuck (at the 4:13 mark for a 6:10 track) and roughly 5 minutes later it resumed

I saw this log entry which the time value was unusually large:

Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 206 to 192.168.1.122. Time: 259887ms. http://192.168.1.219:8096/emby/Audio/216373c7cbc4b8ebedc20acd4ec6b49b/universal?UserId=b9bfa51570e0481194d60263b98eb716&DeviceId=TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKFgxMTsgVWJ1bnR1OyBMaW51eCB4ODZfNjQ7IHJ2OjYyLjApIEdlY2tvLzIwMTAwMTAxIEZpcmVmb3gvNjIuMHwxNTM5NTc4ODAyNTkw&MaxStreamingBitrate=140000000&Container=opus,mp3|mp3,aac,m4a|aac,flac,webma,webm,wav,ogg&TranscodingContainer=ts&TranscodingProtocol=hls&AudioCodec=aac&PlaySessionId=1558338251265&StartTimeTicks=0&EnableRedirection=true&EnableRemoteMedia=false

Edited by Itrocan, 20 May 2019 - 05:48 AM.

• parasven likes this

#52 parasven OFFLINE  

parasven

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:50 AM

Seeing the same issue, occurs with both audio(flac) and video(h264 encoded mkv).

FreeNAS server 11.2 release with emby 3.5.2.0 (11.2-RELEASE-p4 plugin)

Linux client with firefox 66.0.1

Certain files will stop or stall at reliably specific points, I can just skip over those segments and continue.  I first thought it was a corrupted file but downloading directly from the source didn't have any sort of playback error.  Accessing the media url via Inspect Element and stalling still occurs.  Odd bit, I let a music file stay stuck (at the 4:13 mark for a 6:10 track) and roughly 5 minutes later it resumed

I saw this log entry which the time value was unusually large:

Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 206 to 192.168.1.122. Time: 259887ms. http://192.168.1.219:8096/emby/Audio/216373c7cbc4b8ebedc20acd4ec6b49b/universal?UserId=b9bfa51570e0481194d60263b98eb716&DeviceId=TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKFgxMTsgVWJ1bnR1OyBMaW51eCB4ODZfNjQ7IHJ2OjYyLjApIEdlY2tvLzIwMTAwMTAxIEZpcmVmb3gvNjIuMHwxNTM5NTc4ODAyNTkw&MaxStreamingBitrate=140000000&Container=opus,mp3|mp3,aac,m4a|aac,flac,webma,webm,wav,ogg&TranscodingContainer=ts&TranscodingProtocol=hls&AudioCodec=aac&PlaySessionId=1558338251265&StartTimeTicks=0&EnableRedirection=true&EnableRemoteMedia=false

I can confirm this behaviour its the same for me

#53 gideon82 OFFLINE  

gideon82

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:19 PM

Same issue here. Highly annoying. Starting to think about switching to be honest as it seems this has been going on for months and isn't given high priority.

Emby is running on a Windows Server that has enough resources, the files I play and are impacted are most likely x265 format (haven't checked them all) and my playback device is Android based. It's not the Shield and it really seems to be an issue with Emby. Throttle on or off doesn't seem to make a difference and it doesn't seem to happen all the time. Basically the same as posted before in this and other threads.

I've installed Plex on the same Windows Server that's serving the same files, works flawlessly. No issues what-so-ever.  Guess that makes things easier for me . Hope you guys can still fix this, for now I'll cancel my Premiere subscription.

#54 Aerowinder OFFLINE  

Aerowinder

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:02 PM

I've installed Plex on the same Windows Server that's serving the same files, works flawlessly. No issues what-so-ever.  Guess that makes things easier for me . Hope you guys can still fix this, for now I'll cancel my Premiere subscription.

Not going to lie, I did the same thing last week.

• gideon82 likes this

#55 kelly.clubb OFFLINE  

kelly.clubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Local time: 12:57 AM

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:51 PM

I have been having a lot of playback stopping with a few minutes left.  I can exit to home of server, go back and manually select right after the point of stopping and it will sometimes finish, but it stops on almost every video I play.  I run emby server (premium) on Windows Server 2016.  I stream to my Chrome web browser on my main pc which is on the same network.  I've had issues with avi, mkv, mp4 and the such and I really wish a fix would be pushed out as it seems this is a big issue that is not isolated.  The only thing this computer does is be a NAS as run Emby.  I had plex on there at one time and I never had an issue.  If anyone finds a solution for this nightmare of a headache please let me know.

Attached the entire logs folder.

Logs Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox....7/logs.zip?dl=0

Exmaple of issue: https://www.dropbox....apture.PNG?dl=0

File Info: https://www.dropbox....pture2.PNG?dl=0

Edited by kelly.clubb, 20 May 2019 - 11:21 PM.

#56 fachizel90 OFFLINE  

fachizel90

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 04:57 PM

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:54 AM

Not going to lie, I did the same thing last week.

Ive tried plex but imo emby is definitely better. Emby organizes my custom libraries better and lets me upload custom images. Every user trying to access the server doesn't have to make an account with emby unlike plex, the admin can create accounts and set passwords.

The playback issue I was having with the screen going black at the end of a video has been resolved it hasn't happened at all in the past 2 weeks.

#57 theghost31 OFFLINE  

theghost31

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Local time: 07:57 AM

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:47 AM

Ive tried plex but imo emby is definitely better. Emby organizes my custom libraries better and lets me upload custom images. Every user trying to access the server doesn't have to make an account with emby unlike plex, the admin can create accounts and set passwords.

The playback issue I was having with the screen going black at the end of a video has been resolved it hasn't happened at all in the past 2 weeks.

Try on your phone if you can, Android, Ios whatever, with Chrome for example, maybe you will have the possibility to tell us if it's really fixes for you. Thanks  :)

Edited by theghost31, 21 May 2019 - 06:47 AM.

#58 kelly.clubb OFFLINE  

kelly.clubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:13 AM

I won't lie either.  I like emby better and I want it to work.  I switched to emby from plex because I didn't like how it was organizing content and wasn't finding all my movies.  The account part isn't a big deal cause I have people get an emby accoung and add them to my users that way so I don't have to give out any urls other than app.emby.media.  This has really been my only major problem with the software and just want to fix it.

#59 Foop OFFLINE  

Foop

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 10:57 PM

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:10 PM

I've been having a very similar problem for at least a few months now. It seems to only happen for me when connecting outside my network with my reverse proxy. It happens with x265 and x264 files and will randomly pause until backing out and skipping ahead. Some files will play fine all the way through, others will pause every 5 minutes. I haven't been able to grab a log file of it happening yet but will try to get one next time it. Hopefully this issue can get fixed soon though. I prefer Emby, but will have to switch if this issue isn't even addressed.

#60 kelly.clubb OFFLINE  

kelly.clubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:04 AM

I have been having a lot of playback stopping with a few minutes left.  I can exit to home of server, go back and manually select right after the point of stopping and it will sometimes finish, but it stops on almost every video I play.  I run emby server (premium) on Windows Server 2016.  I stream to my Chrome web browser on my main pc which is on the same network.  I've had issues with avi, mkv, mp4 and the such and I really wish a fix would be pushed out as it seems this is a big issue that is not isolated.  The only thing this computer does is be a NAS as run Emby.  I had plex on there at one time and I never had an issue.  If anyone finds a solution for this nightmare of a headache please let me know.

Attached the entire logs folder.

Logs Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox....7/logs.zip?dl=0

Exmaple of issue: https://www.dropbox....apture.PNG?dl=0

File Info: https://www.dropbox....pture2.PNG?dl=0

I am just curious if there's anyone in Emby looking into this issue.  I haven't used emby recently cause I've been busy helping friends with random things the last week.  Didn't know if anyone else has had the issue and managed to resolve it.?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users