Upgraded to v 4.0.3 have some problems

GhostRider

GhostRider

Took the plunge and upgraded to version 4.0.3 from the last stable release for version 3. Begining to regret doing so. Some issues for me so far. Is there a way to fix these please?

1) I have two new recent films added "Backdrop Del Mio Papa" 2004. Same film twice. Definitely don't have this film. They appear to be pointing to two themes in incorrectly named backdrop folders rather than backdrops. Looks like I named the backdrop folder incorrectly a long time ago. ?

Update renamed theme folder to correct backdrops with an s and rescan fixed it. left in in case anybody else has this issue and is lookign for an answer.

Two issues remain:

2) The box set cover art with discs is bad, there is a clearly visible gray box outline around the disc artwork.

3) Movie Genres, most are just colored boxes, only two have images. How can I get all genre icons to have pictures like in version 3?

Edited by GhostRider

2) The box set cover art with discs is bad, there is a clearly visible gray box outline around the disc artwork.

Hi, can you show a screenshot example?

3) Movie Genres, most are just colored boxes, only two have images. How can I get all genre icons to have pictures like in version 3?

Have you completed a library scan since updating?

GhostRider

Hi @@Luke

Screenshot of the Coverart disc artwork showing the shadow gray outline around the discs:

5c91ebdd5f721_emby1.jpg

Screenshot of the genre icons, I have run several library scans since updating

5c91ec1c5e960_emby2.jpg

Edited by GhostRider

Hi.  That display (the gray background) is the UI of the web app - it isn't a part of your images.

GhostRider

Hi @@ebr

I don't think it is the web app. I have the same gray shadows in Emby Theater. Looks be to something CoverArt created at the time it generated the images? what do you think?

Also any ideas on the genre icons? Still have a blocks of colored icons and only two images, does not look very nice. I would prefer to go back to version 3 if there is no fix for these two issues.

5c93f007202a8_emby3.jpg

Edited by GhostRider

It is the app actually, it's not cover art. It was done to make certain things easier for default installations and I have not gotten to looking at how it will be handled when cover art is installed. thanks.

GhostRider

Thanks @@Luke, I am sure the background was not as visible in version 3. Do you have any suggestions on how to force Emby to rebuild the genre icons please? I much prefer the pictures to those colored blocks and having just two as pictures looks really odd. I have tried multiple library scans and still have my movie genre looking like this

5c956567ecb48_emby2.jpg

Edited by GhostRider

GhostRider

Hi @@Luke, thanks for looking into this. Yes when I click on a genre it shows the contents just fine. Both those that are colored blocks and the two that are pictures, content is present and correct.

Edited by GhostRider

GhostRider

Hi @@Luke, any suggestions how to get icons for all my genres please?

I have same issue in TV genres: this time only one genre has a picture, the rest are colored blocks. In TV series, the only picture displayed is made up from items in the genre. Compare this to movies where the few pictures that are displayed are the movie genre pictures. Which is the correct picture format? I much prefer the older movie genre style pictures as most of my TV series do not have four or more different items to generate pictures. Is this configurable?

5c9a98241aa6c_emby4.jpg

Does not look very nice so really looking for some advice on how to get all the pictures to display please. How do I revert back to version 3 as I had no issues with version 3 maybe that's a way forward for the short term?

Happy2Play

Hi @@Luke, any suggestions how to get icons for all my genres please?

I have same issue in TV genres: this time only one genre has a picture, the rest are colored blocks. In TV series, the only picture displayed is made up from items in the genre. Compare this to movies where the few pictures that are displayed are the movie genre pictures. Which is the correct picture format? I much prefer the older movie genre style pictures as most of my TV series do not have four or more different items to generate pictures. Is this configurable?

5c9a98241aa6c_emby4.jpg

Does not look very nice so really looking for some advice on how to get all the pictures to display please. How do I revert back to version 3 as I had no issues with version 3 maybe that's a way forward for the short term?

​Well that requires a complete uninstall as the database in these versions are not compatible.

Not sure why your genres are not auto populating with default images though.

Yes in my opinion the "cardPadder-portrait" looks better then "cardPadder-square" which they are now. (reported in other topics).  

I use custom css to make them portrait again.

/*Genre padding to portrait*/
[data-type="MusicGenre"] div.cardPadder-square, [data-type="Genre"] div.cardPadder-square {padding-bottom: 150%;}

5c9a9cd1bff49_genre.jpg

• Like 2

GhostRider

Thanks @@Happy2Play, the CSS restored portrait view in the web view which a vast improvement. Is there a way to get portrait view in Emby Threatre as well?

Alas still no pictures for most of the genres :( @@Luke any ideas why this is happening? 

To revert back to version 3 can I:

Delete system folder

Rename system system.old back to system (this should restore version 3 yes? only done one upgrade)

Delete the database and start Emby - will it recreate the database? To delete the database is it just delete all the *.db files in the data folder?

Really need to fix this genre issue so desparate measures now needed.

Edited by GhostRider

GhostRider

Hi @@Luke

Any ideas please how to get the pictures to display in my genre icons? I am still getting those colored blocks displayed even after all this time and multiple scans.

Do I have to revert to version 3 to fix this? If so do I just have to Rename system system.old back to system, delete the *.db files in the data folder and do a library scan to rebuild the database?

Many thanks

Happy2Play

Do you by chance have a permissions issues writing to "*\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\Genre"?

As for your CoverArt issue, it actually Emby Themes that are affecting the Placeholders.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/67798-change-from-4000-to-4001-cardbox-transparency/

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/71860-clear-border-around-all-images/

Edited by Happy2Play

GhostRider

Hi @@Happy2Play

Yes I can write Ok to the metadata genre folder. I have my metadata as a custom path under documents for easier backup.

One thing I have been trying to change is the media folder lock status in metadata manager. Since moving to version 4 I do not seem to be able to edit the lock status of the media folders. Not sure if this is related but I cannot select this level in metadata manager. The lock status was carried over from version 3 but I cannot find a way to remove it in version 4. Is there a way to do this and could it be a cause if my genre picture issue? I guess not as two genres do have pictures but trying to find a solution this is all I can find that looks odd.

5ca3c3a496bce_emby5.jpg

Happy2Play

The Lock issue has been brought up in other topics.  Not sure if that affects this or not.  What is in your Genre folder?  What happens if you right click on one of the genres and refresh metadata-scan for new and update files, then refresh the page?

Edited by Happy2Play

GhostRider

Genre folder has a sub folder for each genre and each sub folder has two images landscape and poster.

5ca3ca4626937_emby6.jpg

I have tried a right mouse click on a sample genre and select replace all metadata with and without replace existing images. Then press Refresh button. Refreshing web page or a library scan gives same colored block. Emby seems 100% keen on keeping those colored blocks.

Edited by GhostRider

If you click into those genres in the web app, they do have titles assigned to them, right?

GhostRider

Hi @@Luke

Yes, the genres in the web app all have film titles in them. The ones with colored blocks and the two with pictures all have movies in them when you click into the genres.

I tried adding an exisitng genre "thriller" to a movie, did a library scan. That movie then appeared in the thriller movie genre.

I then created a brand new genre "superhero", did a library scan. I got a square picture created from four copies of the one movie rather than one in the format the nice pictures in the exisiting genres folder with poster and landscape images. Is this because "superheros" does not have a picture to download?

How can I get the other genres to display the existing pictures correctly? It is odd that just two genres are displaying the pictures and the rest are colored blocks.

There's nothing to download for genre images. the square images you're seeing are normal/expected. Do all the movies within those genres have posters assigned?

GhostRider

Hi  @@Luke,

Yes, all movie folders contain a poster image. This all worked fine in version 3, the colored blocks happened after migrating to version 4.0.3 from version 3 and have remained as colored blocks ever since. For some reason two genres pick up the image OK, the rest are just colored blocks.

Any suggestions on how to force Emby to use the images in the genre folders?

GhostRider

Hi @@Luke, how would I check if I locked the genre objects? If you mean at the OS level then no, I don't lock folders. In Emby I can not see a genre object where  would I find it please? My Media Folders look like post #15 above.