Upgraded to v 4.0.3 have some problems

GhostRider

Well actually you can't, because recent releases have taken that out of the UI in order to prevent this kind of situation from happening.

But maybe you locked those genres in the past and that means they are still locked.

As a test, please go into one of your movies that has the Action genre, and add a new Genre - Action1. Then run a library scan. 

Does the Action1 genre get an image?

GhostRider

Hi @@Luke,

Yes, tried that test and action1 gets an image generated from four images of the movie in the new format like this:

5cae5039f150e_emby8.jpg

I am using the CSS code from Happy2play to get the portrait view which I prefer. Also the Classic B&W genre is another test I did, I found that image on Github, created a new genre sub folder put the genre images in it, assigned a film and it appeared just fine.

Somehow Emby seems to be a mode to ignoring the original genre images. Even doing a metadata refresh does not force it to reread the poster image in the genre folder. It is though EMby is treating the genre image as being deleted and refusing to re-add it back.

Any ideas?

My best guess is you may have locked those genre objects in the past, back when the UI used to allow it.

Happy2Play

@@Luke

Is the only way to fix this deleting and re-building the database?  Or is there something specific that can be done in the database?

Happy2Play

If this is a locked issue would resetting the IsLocked column in the database or at least just for genres?

@@GhostRider

Can you make a copy of your database and use a DB view and check the status of your genre.

5cae57e12b142_db.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

GhostRider

Hi @@Happy2Play

Thanks for the advice, I tried a DB view, no genres are locked but the problem is shown in the DB view. Not sure what the answer is.

5cae6620b7b30_emby9.jpg

The genres that show an image are Short and TV Movie these are rows 48 and 49 and have a %MetadataPath%\Genre\ style path. All the others are a UNC path to the old IBN format. I guess Emby is showing these as colored blocks as it cannot find the image as the IBN folder format went sometime ago? The upgrade must have finished of any old trace of the IBN cached images?

@@Luke question is how do I remove all those UNC paths to the old IBN? I am sure this the reason I have lost lots of actor images as well. That's another issue I haven't posted about yet. Bet it is the same thing pointing to an old IBN reference.

Happy2Play

Hi @@Happy2Play

Thanks for the advice, I tried a DB view, no genres are locked but the problem is shown in the DB view. Not sure what the answer is.

5cae6620b7b30_emby9.jpg

The genres that show an image are Short and TV Movie these are rows 48 and 49 and have a %MetadataPath%\Genre\ style path. All the others are a UNC path to the old IBN format. I guess Emby is showing these as colored blocks as it cannot find the image as the IBN folder format went sometime ago? The upgrade must have finished of any old trace of the IBN cached images?

@@Luke question is how do I remove all those UNC paths to the old IBN? I am sure this the reason I have lost lots of actor images as well. That's another issue I haven't posted about yet. Bet it is the same thing pointing to an old IBN reference.

Do you no longer have a custom Metadata path?  If so you could update the Path similar to what was done here.

Always ensure you have a backup of your database whenever you plan on manipulating it.

**Or could this be a permissions issue? 

Edited by Happy2Play

GhostRider

Yes, still have a custom metadata path. It points to a folder under documents so I can back it up easily. Haven't used a UNC path name for a long time, it is just a normal folder not shared.

A lot of my movies have lost all the Actor information during the migration as well, I guess they have the same UNC path issue.

I guess my DB is in a bad shape. Should I just delete it and start again? If so what do I need to delete?

Happy2Play

Yes, still have a custom metadata path. It points to a folder under documents so I can back it up easily. Haven't used a UNC path name for a long time, it is just a normal folder not shared.

A lot of my movies have lost all the Actor information during the migration as well, I guess they have the same UNC path issue.

I guess my DB is in a bad shape. Should I just delete it and start again? If so what do I need to delete?

If you were to delete the DB remember your userdata is in the DB also so ensure you make a copy of your database or if you use the Server Configuration Backup plugin it backs up this information.  There are some issues with Invited user information.  Shut down server and delete the library.db, restart server and perform a library scan.

If you didn't want to rebuild the DB then I would just replace the path information with the proper path as shown in the link.

Happy2Play

Since you have some working in default location you could use this

UPDATE MediaItems SET Path = replace( Path, '\\PROMETHEUS\ImagebyName$\metadata', '%MetadataPath%' ) WHERE Path LIKE '\\PROMETHEUS\ImagebyName$\metadata%';
UPDATE MediaItems SET Images = replace( Images, '\\PROMETHEUS\ImagebyName$\metadata', '%MetadataPath%' ) WHERE Images LIKE '\\PROMETHEUS\ImagebyName$\metadata%';

But if you have a custom location then you would use that instead of '%MetadataPath%'.

• Like 1

GhostRider

Hi @@Happy2Play

Making some progress, I have a right old mixture of paths in my genres. The first SQL edit SET Path works OK.

What is the second doing as I cannot get this to work. Say looking at row 22 in the screen shot of my SQL view above I have  a path \\PROMETHEUS\ImagesByName$\Genre

If I try this SQL edit

UPDATE MediaItems SET Images = replace( Images, '\\PROMETHEUS\ImagesByName$', '%MetadataPath%' ) WHERE Images LIKE '\\PROMETHEUS\ImagesByName$%';

I get an error

Result: database disk image is malformed

At line 1:

UPDATE MediaItems SET Images = replace( Images, '\\PROMETHEUS\ImagesByName$', '%MetadataPath%' ) WHERE Images LIKE '\\PROMETHEUS\ImagesByName$%';

Edited by GhostRider

Happy2Play

Hi @@Happy2Play

Making some progress, I have a right old mixture of paths in my genres. The first SQL edit SET Path works OK.

What is the second doing as I cannot get this to work. Say looking at row 22 in the screen shot of my SQL view above I have  a path \\PROMETHEUS\ImagesByName$\Genre

If I try this SQL edit

I get an error

Result: database disk image is malformed

At line 1:

You would need to scroll right to the Images column to see what the original paths in that column were.  Normally the two columns somewhat match.

Might be a issues as you have some "'\\PROMETHEUS\ImagebyName$\metadata\Genre" and some "'\\PROMETHEUS\ImagebyName$\Genre".  So these are multiple locations.

​So to me you would have to replace "\\PROMETHEUS\ImagebyName$\metadata" first, then replace "\\PROMETHEUS\ImagebyName$ second so you make them all have the right path

UPDATE MediaItems SET Path = replace( Path, '\\PROMETHEUS\ImagebyName$\metadata', '%MetadataPath%' ) WHERE Path LIKE '\\PROMETHEUS\ImagebyName$\metadata%';

Then run this update afterwards

UPDATE MediaItems SET Path = replace( Path, '\\PROMETHEUS\ImagebyName$', '%MetadataPath%' ) WHERE Path LIKE '\\PROMETHEUS\ImagebyName$%';

​I can only assume something similar for Images.

Edited by Happy2Play