Emby on Live TV - DV8120 TV Box

kandolhu

kandolhu

I'm testing Emby on IPTV system, as a VOD server.

STB: DV8120 TV Box (https://androidtvbox.eu/sdmc-dv8119-and-dv8120-another-android-tv-boxes-with-soc-amlogic-s905/)

1. When Emby APK is installed on STB and played a movie on, the audio comes but not the video, and it stays on the screen where you pressed "play" on.

2. Since it is browser based, it is extremely hard to navigate using the remote control of the STB. So I've to use a computer mouse on STB. I was wondering if it's possible to have an Emby layout like real a VOD in IPTV.

3. Some movies' thumbnail don't update even though I go to "identify" and use IMDb-id.

kandolhu

Thanks for this.

I had com.mb.android v2.9.92, and now I have tv.emby.embyatv v1.6.15g. Uninstalled and installed the TV version - mistakenly I had mobile version installed, it seems.
Navigation is good now.

Now the issue is, the movie thumbnail photos are half - movies names are also not seen.

5c6fd1ac21b10_emby.jpg

Hi.  That is not the current version of the app (which is 1.6.88).  Also, if that is not a sanctioned Android TV box, it may or may not work properly.  Does it have access to the Google Play store?

kandolhu

After installing the latest version, 1.6.90g, it looks better than before.

Main screen - looks fantastic.

5c7229812ce71_aa.jpg

Inside a category - doesn't look so good.

5c7229d3459bc_bb.jpg

Unfortunately, your device is simply not conforming to the TV spec and not properly reporting its DPI which screws up some of the displays.