Move Collection

Borrisholt

Borrisholt

Hi

I have merged two libraries server side.  I one of the liberales I have some collections. But since collections are bound to a library I wont have them in my new (merged library).

Can I move collections from the old Library to the new one? Perhaps direct in the Database

//Jens Borrisholt

Borrisholt

Fist I enter "OLD LIB" click Settings -> Group items into collections and then the Collections become visible 
Then I enter "NEW LIB"  click Settings -> Group items into collections and the Collections isn't visible 

Happy2Play

As cayars mentioned it sound like the existing Collection items have the wrong paths in your existing Collections folder.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

I thought collections were global and not tied to a specific library?

This changed in v4 to a per library menu option.  So every user has a choice.

Borrisholt

As cayars mentioned it sound like the existing Collection items have the wrong paths in your existing Collections folder.

Yes and no. I've just changed the paths in the Collection XMLs . That didn't work. Then I restarted the Server. Still no luck. Last I did a full library scan. Still no luck 

Happy2Play

@@Borrisholt

Technically Collections are not bound to a Library, it depends on the view you are looking at collections from as Collections folder is not bound by parentid.  If you view a collection from within a library they are bound to that library.

But to the issue I believe your are going to have to break the issue down on a specific example.

• Like 1

Borrisholt

OK there is something here I really dont get!

First I close ALL browsers. Then I shutdown the Emby Server!

Then I Edit the Collection.xml files and then Startup the server. Replace A:\ with F:\

Then I save the XML file and reopen it to ensure that the changes are saved!

Then I start the Emby server  But Still the Collections are pointing to the wrong place!

What am I doing wrong? 

Happy2Play

OK there is something here I really dont get!

First I close ALL browsers. Then I shutdown the Emby Server!

Then I Edit the Collection.xml files and then Startup the server. Replace A:\ with F:\

Then I save the XML file and reopen it to ensure that the changes are saved!

Then I start the Emby server  But Still the Collections are pointing to the wrong place!

What am I doing wrong? 

Doesn't sound like anything.

How about a specific example.  Does the item in web client show the same path as you are editing in the collection.xml?  Maybe screenshots showing your exact issue.

Happy2Play

Yes and no. I've just changed the paths in the Collection XMLs . That didn't work. Then I restarted the Server. Still no luck. Last I did a full library scan. Still no luck 

It should have worked here then.  

@@cayars

It's missing the word scan at the end. That's what i was looking for.

Fixed with better instructions as well.

crusher11

When I click on the 'collections' view I see all my collections, regardless of which library the contents are from, which surely means they're not tied to libraries?