#41 SHSPVR ONLINE  

SHSPVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • Local time: 06:49 PM
  • LocationVinita, Oklahoma

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:00 PM

I'll probably make it possible to adjust the recording type in this next version of NextPVR.

Ok

Any way I grab the wrong URL about I fix the link to right issues

#42 sub3 OFFLINE  

sub3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Local time: 01:49 PM
  • LocationNextPVR HQ (New Zealand)

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:14 PM

Ok

Any way I grab the wrong URL about I fix the link to right issues

As long as you're doing one update, after the NextPVR has finished it's update, then that is all you need. In that updated url, I'm pretty sure the one person that it did help in that thread (rene.teniere), was due to him not having his Emby refresh at the right time in the first place.

If you're absolutely sure you need it, then I'm happy to look at the logs showing the error, to diagnose what is really happening. (pretty sure it'll show emby asking for artwork for show id that isn't valid because it hasn't refreshed it's guide data)

Edited by sub3, 01 February 2019 - 02:16 PM.

#43 SHSPVR ONLINE  

SHSPVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:30 PM

As long as you're doing one update, after the NextPVR has finished it's update, then that is all you need. In that updated url, I'm pretty sure the one person that it did help in that thread (rene.teniere), was due to him not having his Emby refresh at the right time in the first place.

If you're absolutely sure you need it, then I'm happy to look at the logs showing the error, to diagnose what is really happening. (pretty sure it'll show emby asking for artwork for show id that isn't valid because it hasn't refreshed it's guide data)

I think I try but mine set diff at time more like NPVR 5PM and Emby 6PM because Gracenote always making monkey mess out the EPG and that best time to do here in US with both SD and Emby guide need less to say

#44 rene.teniere OFFLINE  

rene.teniere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Local time: 08:49 PM
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:01 PM

The refresh might have been messed up because of the testing I was doing with all the tuner sources. It worked so I just didn't bother putting it back. Will refresh once AFTER NextPVR updates the EPG. That is the least of my worries with the plugin as I cannot change recording settings after the fact (couldn't change the frequency, etc) in Emby. I would have to record the series in Emby, go to series recording settings in NextPVR and make the modifications in there if possible, or delete the series and re-record by filling in the correct settings... Way too much work. I use a Roku to access my content so this is not a practical solution.

Either the Emby DVR record series settings are shown automatically before the recording is scheduled to allow for the proper settings, or NextPVR is modified so that settings can be changed after the fact. Right now they do not play nice together.

#45 sub3 OFFLINE  

sub3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Local time: 01:49 PM
  • LocationNextPVR HQ (New Zealand)

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:51 PM

I think I try but mine set diff at time more like NPVR 5PM and Emby 6PM because Gracenote always making monkey mess out the EPG and that best time to do here in US with both SD and Emby guide need less to say

The best time of day to update it is when you're not likely to be scheduling recordings (so late at night through to early in the morning). 

Edited by sub3, 01 February 2019 - 03:51 PM.

#46 SHSPVR ONLINE  

SHSPVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:08 PM

The best time of day to update it is when you're not likely to be scheduling recordings (so late at night through to early in the morning). 

Not around here at lease not with DirecTV guide data as I can't count how time it still show a blank data info when there was a new show coming that night on especial with science channel and few other funny's things there guide data on STB it self you know the show info what season and episode at lease 95% of time it get corrected after around 5pm

#47 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3033 posts
  • Local time: 07:49 PM

Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:06 AM

then I would like to just be able to, say, record a news broadcast series, go into the recording settings and change it from the default series folder to a folder that MCE Buddy doesn't scan. Same with sports, they are content I do not wish to keep past 3 episodes. All my other recordings can go into the default series folder and get scanned, converted, and permanently stored in my library. Currently it is a laborious process to do this when everything gets dumped into a single series folder (each show gets its own MCE task filtered by recording name so news and sports don't get picked up). The process is doable now, but I thought the option would be nice...

I do something similar now using MCEBuddy.  I have turned off compression so I only use it for cutting the commercials which is decently fast.  You can then have it push that News or Sports series to the location of your choice.  I dump the shows/movies I'm going to archive into another folder where I have another set of scripts do the compression to H.264 or H.265 and other stuff.

Keep in mind the one serious limitation with this approach - Emby doesn't know how many tuners NextPVR has, and doesn't know what channels can be accessed at the same time as other channels using single tuner (multi-rec), so probably wont be able to tell you about scheduling issues until the recording fails. (Also, if you're using other client types, like Kodi etc, they wont play nicely using this approach)

When using NextPVR as an IPTV source you can set the number of tuners if you wish.  However, Emby doesn't have any built in conflict resolution so it doesn't matter.  Even with 4 OTA tuners you can set it to 20 tuners just to get the use of Multi-Rec and it doesn't hurt anything.  When you run out of tuners, you run out of tuners...  :)

#48 SHSPVR ONLINE  

SHSPVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:07 AM

When using NextPVR as an IPTV source you can set the number of tuners if you wish.  However, Emby doesn't have any built in conflict resolution so it doesn't matter.  Even with 4 OTA tuners you can set it to 20 tuners just to get the use of Multi-Rec and it doesn't hurt anything.  When you run out of tuners, you run out of tuners...  :)

That true I even outline this in this link post that something that Emby crew need to also address.

As of right now that only thing that Plex manage to get right.

Edited by SHSPVR, 02 February 2019 - 11:22 AM.

• cayars likes this

#49 SHSPVR ONLINE  

SHSPVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:27 PM

So I did look into Cast4Me and I didn't want to spend more money, so I used the back-end of NextPVR to write my own m3u file for Emby. This way I don't need the plugin, I can just use it like IPTV. Now I can leverage Emby's DVR and scheduling. Way less work for me.

#EXTM3U

Just go something dumb to ask I able to get NextPVR to work but will not let do mulit tuner another words if I setup 2 recording only of them get record the other just stop

So I wonder what else did you do ?.

Edited by SHSPVR, 18 March 2019 - 10:27 PM.

#50 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3033 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:23 PM

You need to modify your URLs to use the client parameter.  Basically "trick" NPVR into allowing more than 1 connection from the IP.

By default NPVR will ASSUME that a new channel change means to tear down the old connection and reuse a tuner since that's the way that will work best for most other apps.

I set the parameter to match the channel number which makes it unique per stream.

#51 SHSPVR ONLINE  

SHSPVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:31 PM

You need to modify your URLs to use the client parameter.  Basically "trick" NPVR into allowing more than 1 connection from the IP.

By default NPVR will ASSUME that a new channel change means to tear down the old connection and reuse a tuner since that's the way that will work best for most other apps.

I set the parameter to match the channel number which makes it unique per stream.

Got an example of this cayars ?.

#52 PenkethBoy ONLINE  

PenkethBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3701 posts
  • Local time: 12:49 AM
  • LocationWarrington,UK

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:42 AM

like this

#EXTINF:0, 1101 - BBC ONE HD

1101 being the channel number you see in Emby

#53 SHSPVR ONLINE  

SHSPVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:36 AM

like this

#EXTINF:0, 1101 - BBC ONE HD

1101 being the channel number you see in Emby

I see so all I have do is add &client=(Channel Number) like in this in post example https://emby.media/c...pvr-dumb-tuner/

Can the local IP 127.0.0.1 still be used or do I have use server IP address which is 192.168.1.2 

Edited by SHSPVR, 19 March 2019 - 07:40 AM.

#54 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3033 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:02 AM

If it's on the same machine 127.0.0.1 will work just fine.

#55 SHSPVR ONLINE  

SHSPVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:16 AM

If it's on the same machine 127.0.0.1 will work just fine.

Doesn't work like this at all

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0, 2.1 KJRH-HD
http://127.0.0.1:886...=2.1&client=2.1
#EXTINF:0, 2.2 Bounce
http://127.0.0.1:886...=2.2&client=2.2
#EXTINF:0, 2.3 Laff
http://127.0.0.1:886...=2.3&client=2.3

Edited by SHSPVR, 19 March 2019 - 09:53 AM.

#56 PenkethBoy ONLINE  

PenkethBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3701 posts
  • LocationWarrington,UK

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:29 PM

i use it from a separate machine to the one with NPVR so always use the ip address of the machine hosting NPVR

Works fine for me no issues

#57 SHSPVR ONLINE  

SHSPVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:40 PM

i use it from a separate machine to the one with NPVR so always use the ip address of the machine hosting NPVR

Works fine for me no issues

Then you haven't tested it locally on the same system with both Emby and NPVR on the same

#58 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3033 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 02:53 PM

Then you haven't tested it locally on the same system with both Emby and NPVR on the same

I run it on the same machine but might be moving it to another computer soon.

Are you able to access your NPVR remotely with any client?

Did you setup/enable the webserver in NPVR?

You should be able to open a browser on the NPVR machine and access http://127.0.0.1:8866 (assuming the default port)

Edited by cayars, 19 March 2019 - 03:00 PM.

#59 PenkethBoy ONLINE  

PenkethBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3701 posts
  • LocationWarrington,UK

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:09 PM

you can run it on the same pc as npvr -  with the ip of the machine or localhost or 127.0.0.1 - it makes no difference

• cayars likes this

#60 SHSPVR ONLINE  

SHSPVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:45 PM

I run it on the same machine but might be moving it to another computer soon.

Are you able to access your NPVR remotely with any client?

Did you setup/enable the webserver in NPVR?

You should be able to open a browser on the NPVR machine and access http://127.0.0.1:8866 (assuming the default port)

Yes I can access NPVR remotely from a web browser

Yes the webserver was enable

But with Emby all I get is that spinning thing and nothing is happing at all when I add a record of a show

I have more time to mess with it wednesday

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NextPVR, Folder, Record

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users