(SSL Guide) LetsEncrypt, Docker, Openmediavault, Reverse Proxy, Subdomain

blackcoffee

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Brother_ said:

Hello. Is there a new guide for OMV5? It seems that tutorial was for OVM4 and is outdated. 

Hi, I'm not sure but they should be somewhat similar, right?

Brother_
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, I'm not sure but they should be somewhat similar, right?

Unfortunately not. I am a new user of Linux, and the video's instructions are for the last version of OMV (OMV4). The interface and layout have compactly changed since then. I'm sure it's possible to do all the same steps in the command line if you are an avid Linux user. However, I am not. Proper instructions would be appreciated for beginners like me. 

On 18/12/2020 at 14:37, Brother_ said:

Unfortunately not. I am a new user of Linux, and the video's instructions are for the last version of OMV (OMV4). The interface and layout have compactly changed since then. I'm sure it's possible to do all the same steps in the command line if you are an avid Linux user. However, I am not. Proper instructions would be appreciated for beginners like me. 

From what I saw in the video, OMV supports docker.

You could always use jc21's container for nginx reverse proxy manager which has a pretty simple to use GUI and tons of youtube guides on how to do it. This will make the nginx/let's encrypt side of things very simple and then you just need to follow the video for changing the emby settings.

https://github.com/jc21/nginx-proxy-manager

Edited by MRobi
  • Like 1