Emby TV Shows not playing

mills1998

Hi,

I recently installed Emby onto my Xbox one via Kodi as the Xbox app is not great as it struggles to plays shows and movies and either stops playing a minute in or just skips episodes 12 seconds into playback.

Now I’ve got everything set up on Kodi, it works fine when no libraries are synced but once they are synced, whenever I click on a tv series from the Kodi skin and not inside the video add on it takes me to the folder list of tv shows, movies, kids shows etc. When I click tv shows and go to click on a series it goes to load for a few declines then the screen flashes and then stays on the same screen and doesn’t go into the series folder.

I hope this makes sense but any help on fixing this would be appreciated. Movies work fine and play like normal, it’s just tv shows with the issue.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Aaron

Hi,

Thanks for the response and apologies for the lack of information. I’m using Emby version 4.0.1 on Kodi 18.0-RC5 on Xbox one original. There’s no crash log as it doesn’t crash it just doesn’t function as it should also as it’s on an Xbox there’s very limited data I can pull.

Any help is appreciated and thank you

I feel the problem is caused by the ‘plugin.video.emby dependency for tv shows’ this is because my server has ‘Archived tv shows’ folder for tv shows no longer on air and a ‘tv shows’ folder for shows still on the air. This dependency is combining both folders which I like that it does but I feel is causing issues. I think this because there is a folder called ‘anime shows’ which is not tied into the dependencey that opens the series fine. If anyone has any info on how to get my tv shows to open their series it’s be great or I’m gonna have to delete the dependeny.

Thanks

Angelblue05

Install the dependencies here: http://kodi.emby.media/Public%20testing/Dependencies/

Then install Emby for Kodi. What version were you running prior to this? There’s a good chance you’ll need to either repair your libraries or reset your local database. But it depends.

Provide your Kodi log if you are still facing issues.

Angelblue05

@@mills1998

\Your current log shows this, which is strange. 

17:54:28.921 T:2752   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos116.db] SQL error or missing database

Are you able to confirm the database files exists? Are you able to do a reset and posting that log? It's possible your database has been corrupted.

Where the database is located:

U:\Users\UserMgr0\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalState\userdata\Database\MyVideos116.db