How to report a problem
- The version number of the Emby add-on and the Kodi version you are using.
- A description of the problem you are experiencing. "it didn't work" or "it crashed" doesn't tell us much. What exactly happened? If a message was displayed on screen, what was it? Screenshots are helpful in some cases.
- A log file from the time the issue occured. In Kodi, follow the steps to properly enable debug for the Emby add-on and capture the error in the Kodi log:
Please, DISABLE KODI DEBUG UNLESS SPECIFICALLY ASKED. Only the Emby add-on log info is required.
1. Locate the settings.
2. Navigate to Add-ons > Enabled Add-ons > Video Add-ons > Emby
3. Select Emby. It will display options, select Configure.
4. Under Advanced tab, set the Log level to Info. If you are asked to provide a more detailed log, set it Debug instead. Usually, setting the Log level to Info is enough.
Capture the error in the log
1. Restart Kodi. This will create a new log. If Kodi crashes, a crash log will also be created.
2. Repeat the actions to recreate the error.
Main log: \%AppData%\Roaming\Kodi\Kodi.log Crash log: \%AppData%\Roaming\Kodi\Kodi_stacktrace.log
Otherwise, if you are using Kodi on a different operating system, check the Kodi wiki to find the location of the log file.
Please avoid posting log text directly into the post, use either of the 2 methods above.
Edited by Angelblue05, 24 October 2016 - 07:34 AM.