netgear readynas pro 4

Velo

Hello,

can someone please explain?

netgear readynas pro 4 

firmware 6.9.5

emby current version 3.5.2.0 

shutdown and upgrade to 4.0.1.0 and now emby server no longer show up on my NAS under apps after I installed successfully? the server still running in the background because I can still manually access it by the ip address, but now I am no longer able to launch it from the Nas interface due to missing the Emby app?

this is the name of the file I have download and installed (emby-server-deb_4.0.1.0_amd64.deb)

please help!

Edited by lhoang

Hi that is our generic deb, it's not meant to be used for readynas. The one you should be using is here:

https://emby.media/nas-server.html

However, I recall another user doing this in the past and they had a hard time installing the correct one after this, due to some residue left behind I think. Well I would try it and then let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Thanks for the quick response, the reason i upgraded to that version because when i log in emby main dashboard, the messages telling me to click on the link and download the latest version so I did, I guess I will try to go back to the previous version to see if I can get the app showing back again.

so i click on the link you provided and in the drop down arrow i select netgear read nas and downloaded this one emby-server-netgear_4.0.1.0_amd64.deb and after installing it while the server is still running in the background because the icon was never there on the NAS dashboard for me to turn off before the upgrade and somehow it is now fully upgrade to the latest version 4.0.1.0 and the Emby Server app now showing under the Apps on the dashboard now :) 

Cool sounds like that went well. The other user this happened to had a much harder time. Thanks for following up.