No image for collections folder?

sylvio2000
Go to solution Solved by JaScoMa,

• Solution
JaScoMa

This would appear to be resolved in 4.1.0.26.  Image for Collections was generated after a library scan.

Can confirm that after update to 4.1.0.26b, collections image appeared.  Thank you..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Elfman

Not sure if related or not, but my collections library thumbnail never went away after upgrading to Emby 4.  However, it seems like all of my collage images don't refresh anymore.  It used to redo these images every once and while based on various items in my library.  I have had the same collage images for each of my media libraries for several months now.

Not a big deal but it was nice to see these images update once and while.

(Running 4.1.1.0 with the offical Synology package)

• 2 years later...
Garbonzo17

Ok, I see nobody has posted in this thread in like 2.5yrs but I am experiencing the same issues but only on Linux.

On my Windows 10 server no problem, I can delete the collection image (or the one from my tv or movies) and after my nightly scans all libraries have new images created.

On my OpenmediaVault docker the tv and movies folders regenerate, but the collections doesn't...

I had done screen caps on both but never posted because I hadn't searched to see if others had this issue, and I was planning to move from OMV, where I was remote-mounting a windows drive pool and it could have been some weird (usually permissions) quirk in that situation... over to UNRAID with local storage.. 

Anyway, I did that a few days ago, and everything moved over nicely, but after the library scan that darn "collections" still showed the red generic icon... I was going to make my own, but @GreyBeard had posted one that sufficed, and I get that it is a low priority thing.. it just bugs me..

-G

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, Garbonzo17 said:

Ok, I see nobody has posted in this thread in like 2.5yrs but I am experiencing the same issues but only on Linux.

On my Windows 10 server no problem, I can delete the collection image (or the one from my tv or movies) and after my nightly scans all libraries have new images created.

On my OpenmediaVault docker the tv and movies folders regenerate, but the collections doesn't...

I had done screen caps on both but never posted because I hadn't searched to see if others had this issue, and I was planning to move from OMV, where I was remote-mounting a windows drive pool and it could have been some weird (usually permissions) quirk in that situation... over to UNRAID with local storage.. 

Anyway, I did that a few days ago, and everything moved over nicely, but after the library scan that darn "collections" still showed the red generic icon... I was going to make my own, but @GreyBeard had posted one that sufficed, and I get that it is a low priority thing.. it just bugs me..

-G

Sorry but issues 2.5yrs ago are not today's issues.

Can you please post a server log for the system having issue after a library scan?

JohnSpartan3M

Hi I’m not sure if this is exactly the same topic but I’m trying to find my movie collection folders on my computer because all of my music that were on my collection aren’t playing anymore, I tried to remedy this myself but now the path for each collection is not longer displayed on emby so I no longer can find the collections folders on my computer. I used to just highlight and copy the path, then paste in the search bar and it would show, now I can’t find anything

Happy2Play
13 minutes ago, JohnSpartan3M said:

Hi I’m not sure if this is exactly the same topic but I’m trying to find my movie collection folders on my computer because all of my music that were on my collection aren’t playing anymore, I tried to remedy this myself but now the path for each collection is not longer displayed on emby so I no longer can find the collections folders on my computer. I used to just highlight and copy the path, then paste in the search bar and it would show, now I can’t find anything

@Lukewill have to comment as I am not sure how some items like Music are handled as Collections, since Collections are built off individual item metadata to build them now items like movies are per movie metadata.  Collections should be path irrelevant now.

So, all previous /programdata/data/collections information is obsolete and should have been migrated to /programdata/metadata/collections in the initial 4.6 update. (Actual path will be platform prevalent)

Edited by Happy2Play

Garbonzo17

54 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Sorry but issues 2.5yrs ago are not today's issues.

Can you please post a server log for the system having issue after a library scan?

Sure, I will attach the server log from the unraid server (but like I said, I just manually added an image now) embyserver.txt

But here is what Windows Looks like:
831787276_Screenshot2021-12-04at19-56-30Emby.thumb.png.c3ee875ae1c06a16b1767d6c9c2b9ce2.png

And here is what Openmediavault (and Unraid prior to my maually adding an image) look like
1291459096_Screenshot2021-12-04at20-02-55Emby.thumb.png.ae74f0ce80e8e3be451fc993bf5b28e8.png

And as always thanks for your help!

-G

Edited by Garbonzo17

JohnSpartan3M
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@Lukewill have to comment as I am not sure how some items like Music are handled as Collections, since Collections are built off individual item metadata to build them now items like movies are per movie metadata.  Collections should be path irrelevant now.

So, all previous /programdata/data/collections information is obsolete and should have been migrated to /programdata/metadata/collections in the initial 4.6 update. (Actual path will be platform prevalent)

Sorry I wasn’t clear these are my movie collections that happen to have music in those folders so they play while surfing each movie collection, if that helps

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Garbonzo17 said:

Sure, I will attach the server log from the unraid server (but like I said, I just manually added an image now) embyserver.txt

But here is what Windows Looks like:
1220512014_Screenshot2021-12-04at19-56-30Emby.thumb.png.ce8c3cc1790fc65bdb89d9eab03188e4.png

And here is what Openmediavault (and Unraid prior to my maually adding an image) look like
1717315227_Screenshot2021-12-04at20-02-55Emby.thumb.png.9385e63b315dc08ba749345afcb70b87.png

And as always thanks for your help!

-G

Screenshot 2021-12-04 at 19-57-42 Emby.png

Not sure why the path format is actually broken but your system is still looking at the old location instead of new.  This is preventing the dynamic image creator from generating a new image.

2021-12-04 15:56:40.757 Info LibraryMonitor: Skipping realtime monitor for /config/data\collections because the path does not exist

Can you try this.

You could shut down Emby and got to "C:\Users\username\Desktop\Stable\programdata\root\default" path will be platform prevalent and delete the Collections folder.

Start Emby

This will cause Emby to show a Mix Content Collection folder that then can be remove and Emby will auto generate the correct one.

Looks like your path would be /config/root/default

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, JohnSpartan3M said:

Sorry I wasn’t clear these are my movie collections that happen to have music in those folders so they play while surfing each movie collection, if that helps

So you are referring to theme songs for Collections?

Not sure if it was added to the new method but the new collection path in your Emby metadata path.

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\collections (path will be platform prevalent).

But here says it hasn't been readded.

Garbonzo17
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Not sure why the path format is actually broken but your system is still looking at the old location instead of new.  This is preventing the dynamic image creator from generating a new image.

2021-12-04 15:56:40.757 Info LibraryMonitor: Skipping realtime monitor for /config/data\collections because the path does not exist

Can you try this.

You could shut down Emby and got to "C:\Users\username\Desktop\Stable\programdata\root\default" path will be platform prevalent and delete the Collections folder.

Start Emby

This will cause Emby to show a Mix Content Collection folder that then can be remove and Emby will auto generate the correct one.

Looks like your path would be /config/root/default

Ok, that could actually make some sense... the order I did things was this...

Upgraded to emby premier, then did a config backup on the Windows install (and after seeing what was backed up I felt more confident in doing a manual backup if I didn't buy a lifetime license) and restored it on the unraid emby docker. I then opened it on the unraid instance and went to libraries and added the paths with the docker relevant paths to the same folders on the windows machine, and removed the old windows paths... then after the library scans everything looked correct except the collections top level... 

I will try to follow what you suggested info and let you know how it turns out... I see the folder now.. :)

(EDIT) everything you said worked as you expected, I deleted the mixed collection library, and it rebuilt the new one in like 1 min.... while I was typing this to tell you it "seems" like it worked... it actually worked... so thanks again.... I wish I could read the damn logs the way you guys do!

Edited by Garbonzo17

JohnSpartan3M
4 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

So you are referring to theme songs for Collections?

Not sure if it was added to the new method but the new collection path in your Emby metadata path.

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\collections (path will be platform prevalent).

But here says it hasn't been readded.

Thanks I have the folder!

• 2 months later...
GokuTradeDevil

I had the same issue cause i was using covert art , and i changed the boxset from metrocase to discs in coverart settings , so be aware of that too ! solved with the above instructions ! happy !!! Thanks all for being active !

• Thanks 1