No image for collections folder?

sylvio2000
Go to solution Solved by JaScoMa,

Happy2Play

Lots of us are seeing this issue, but Luke has not been able to reproduce it himself.  But it is on his radar.

cbdudek

Good to know.

I did do a refresh of the collections folder metadata with no luck.   I have also rescanned the library multiple times.  I will just wait it out for now.

Happy2Play

I have went as far as deleting all collections in \data\collections and removing the Collections library and doing a rescan for them to rebuild without any luck.

Seems like Emby likes to eat custom images after a major updates. I finally wised up and started backing them up a while back. I've my had custom images for Music videos, Collections, and Playlists disappear in the past. The 4.0 update ate my custom image for playlists. Seems to be gone forever from the server files. Oh well, was time to find a new image anyway.

GreyBeard

Just to add my .02 I created a new server using the latest release yesterday on a fresh Win10 install. Created a single library of movies first thing and let it complete the scan. All images and nfo saved to media folders. Once finished scanning 3432 movies in generated the image for the movies library. I installed both Auto Boxsets and Coverart plugins. Told the boxset plugin to generate the collections and waited. It scanned all libraries and created the 249 collections. No library image. I did a full library scan again and still no image. As of this morning, still no icon.

I'm wondering if it could be a coverart plugin issue? I did set the collections coverart to DiamondDiscs.

Also I just noticed, the plugin is Auto BoxSets, The coverart is applied to BoxSets, yet the generated library is collections.... Why the naming difference?

Also I just noticed, the plugin is Auto BoxSets, The coverart is applied to BoxSets, yet the generated library is collections.... Why the naming difference?

AutoBoxSets is the "automatic" method to generate Collections for movies.  This only handles "Boxed Sets" like The Terminator, Back to the Future, Bourne,Star Wars, etc  AutoBoxSets when working correctly will almost always have poster art since the collection information (text and art) is provided by one of the meta providers Emby uses.

Collections can also be used for manual purposes such as creating a collection of Academy Award winning movies, Movies about: War, Submarines, etc

Typically "manual" collections will require you to provide meta-data and poster art.

Is that description of the two helpful?

GreyBeard

I understand the difference, but it just seems strange to use an automatic plugin that creates boxsets then throw them in a library called collections. For me a collection would be along the lines of all star trek movies and tv shows viewable in a collection which fits with how emby lets you create a collection. It would also be a collection of the marvel universe box sets which emby will also let you do. But I can't have a library of just collections without it also showing all the generated boxsets as well.

At any rate, right now I only have the generated boxsets from the plugin, all of which have artwork yet like others I don't have a generated Collections icon.

The dynamic generated poster art should be working like it did in previous versions.  This is a bug that needs fixing.

But once that works, is there anything else wrong with collections or AutoBoxSets? Or is anything confusing about them?

How are Home page content images generated ?

For example:

post-410719-0-72301200-1549210040_thumb.png

I know how to edit it (using the "..." button) but what algorithm causes the server to generate that example (four thumbnails of the SAME movie) ?

Interwebz

Just thinking out loud here, I have the same issue, could this be related to the fact that the boxsets are located in this library path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections

ls -lhrs /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections
total 336K
4.0K drwxr-xr-x 2 embysvr users 4.0K Sep 11  2016 x-men collection [boxset]
4.0K drwxr-xr-x 2 embysvr users 4.0K Jan 26 18:23 Wall Street Collection [boxset]
4.0K drwxr-xr-x 2 embysvr users 4.0K Oct 26 22:10 Transformers Collection [boxset]
4.0K drwxr-xr-x 2 embysvr users 4.0K Feb 16  2018 Trailer Park Boys Collection [boxset]

However, when I scan the collections library it seems to use the following path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/root/default/Collections

​2019-02-07 15:03:08.276 Debug App: CollectionFolderImageProvider reports change to 33221 - /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/root/default/Collections
2019-02-07 15:03:08.284 Debug App: Running CollectionFolderImageProvider for /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/root/default/Collections
2019-02-07 15:03:08.362 Debug XmlSerializer: Deserializing file /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/config/metadata.xml
ls -lhrs /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/root/default/Collections
total 8.0K
4.0K -rw-r--r-- 1 embysvr users 3.8K Feb  7 14:54 options.xml
4.0K -rw-r--r-- 1 embysvr users   25 Feb  3 15:58 collections.mblink
   0 -rw-r--r-- 1 embysvr users    0 Feb  3 15:58 boxsets.collection

Could this be why it's not picking up an image?

Hi, this is something we'll look to improve in a future update. thanks.

Thx. I deleted the image for that Collection library (using Edit Images then clicking the trash can).

I then did a re-scan of the collection and was expecting another/or same image but nothing appeared:

post-410719-0-50511100-1550092994_thumb.png

Do I have to redo the whole collection again for the server to re-generate an image ?

Just FYI
I've noticed the same behave.
Collections, generated by "AutoBoxSet" does not show any Image for the folder.

I also deleted the "collections" Library - and created a fresh one... still no images on the folder.
The collections itself have their corresponding cover image. :)

JaScoMa

Installed new server; started with 4.0.2.0.  Created individual libraries (let them scan in), then installed the Autobox sets.  Collections folder is blank as others have described.

Upgraded to 4.1.0.8 beta and still the same.

Deleted the collections, rescanned and still the same issue.

My other server doesn't have this issue.  But I believe the last install I did, I started with 3.5.2.0, then upgraded to 4.0.0.2 and the collections worked fine.  Upgrades through beta kept the collections working properly.

Thanks..

Happy2Play

Installed new server; started with 4.0.2.0.  Created individual libraries (let them scan in), then installed the Autobox sets.  Collections folder is blank as others have described.

My other server doesn't have this issue.  But I believe the last install I did, I started with 3.5.2.0, then upgraded to 4.0.0.2 and the collections worked fine.  Upgrades through beta kept the collections working properly.

Thanks..

But if you deleted the current Collection image, I would guess it would not create a new one (at least that is what I have seen in my testing).

Thanks..

I'm also experienced the same problem.

Install 4.0.2.0-stable on my Synology DS918+, then update to 4.1.0.8-beta and no luck.

Still no image for collection

fizzyade

I’m also suffering with this on a Linux server, collections is missing an image.

I gather from reading this that I can manually create an image, what do I name it? And does it go in /var/lib/emby/data/collections?

Happy2Play

I’m also suffering with this on a Linux server, collections is missing an image.

I gather from reading this that I can manually create an image, what do I name it? And does it go in /var/lib/emby/data/collections?

You should use the UI, select edit image on the Collection Library and click the plus sign, the browse or drag and drop the image.  Then leave image type as Primary and hit save.  But you can place a folder/poster jpg/png image in the folder.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Happy2Play

This would appear to be resolved in 4.1.0.26.  Image for Collections was generated after a library scan.