Emby + xtream-editor EPG (xml does not work)

xanthos84

xanthos84

hi,

using emby 4.0.2

and using the xtream-editor service to sort my M3U + XML (EPG) from them.

But emby is not able to get the XML correct,

Error Log:

2019-01-19 09:21:02.886 Info App: xmltv path: https://xtream-editor.com/en/get/epg/ID
2019-01-19 09:21:02.886 Info App: Downloading xmltv listings from https://xtream-editor.com/en/get/epg/ID
2019-01-19 09:21:02.886 Info HttpClient: GetTempFileResponse url: https://xtream-editor.com/en/get/epg/ID
2019-01-19 09:21:04.067 Error App: Error adding metadata
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.0.0.2
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Unix 4.4.59.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 2
    Program data path: /config
    Application directory: /system
    System.Xml.XmlException: System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
     at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
     at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
     at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
     at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadToDescendant(String name)
     at Emby.XmlTv.Classes.XmlTvReader.GetChannels()
     at Emby.LiveTV.Listings.XmlTv.XmlTvProvider.GetChannels(ListingsProviderInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannels(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.AddMetadata(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, List`1 tunerChannels, Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetChannelsAsync(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: System.Private.Xml
    TargetSite: Void Throw(System.Exception)
     at Emby.LiveTV.Listings.XmlTv.XmlTvProvider.GetChannels(ListingsProviderInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannels(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.AddMetadata(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, List`1 tunerChannels, Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetChannelsAsync(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

thefarmer

Looks like invalid XML.

Hi..

i have the same issue...

so when you say 'invalid xml'...what do you mean exactly?  Could you advise as to what we should be doing our end to try and resolve?

Thnx.

xanthos84

its not a invalid xml... its a xml.gz file - and on my side I have build a workaround to extract the gz first so its a final xml,

and this xml emby can load without any issues.

but as said, i have to do this everytime i load into emby

matty87a

Hi,

I just have Emby set to lookup a local xml file for guide data and run this script on a cronjob to keep it up to date:

# Automated EPG Grab for Emby from Xtream Editor
# Grab Latest XML ### USER AGENT SPOOFING IS TO CIRCUMVENT CURL/WGET BLOCKAGE ###
echo Downloading Latest XML File
wget --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0" http://xtream-editor.com/en/get/epg/actualurlremoved -O guide.gz
gzip -d guide.gz
mv guide guide.xml
echo Import of EPG Data Complete

Hope it helps

• 1 month later...
raven7558

Hi,

I just have Emby set to lookup a local xml file for guide data and run this script on a cronjob to keep it up to date:

# Automated EPG Grab for Emby from Xtream Editor
# Grab Latest XML ### USER AGENT SPOOFING IS TO CIRCUMVENT CURL/WGET BLOCKAGE ###
echo Downloading Latest XML File
wget --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0" http://xtream-editor.com/en/get/epg/actualurlremoved -O guide.gz
gzip -d guide.gz
mv guide guide.xml
echo Import of EPG Data Complete

Hope it helps

This is exactly what I was looking for! Works a charm!

Thank you so much for posting this!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
matty87a

Just in case anyone else stumbles across this - I've since found that Emby can now handle gz guide data well, so you can set the epg as the xtream-editor epg url and set the user agent as below to:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0

This seems to work much quicker than the local xml import

• 2 weeks later...
hshah

Just in case anyone else stumbles across this - I've since found that Emby can now handle gz guide data well, so you can set the epg as the xtream-editor epg url and set the user agent as below to:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0

This seems to work much quicker than the local xml import

It still doesn't seem to work for me :(

2019-04-02 11:28:17.506 Info HttpClient: GetTempFileResponse url: https://xtream-editor.com/en/get/epg/XXXXXXXXXXX
2019-04-02 11:28:17.718 Error App: Error adding metadata
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.1.0.18
	Command line: C:\Users\XXXXXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 12
	Program data path: C:\Users\XXXXXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application directory: C:\Users\XXXXXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Xml.XmlException: System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
	Source: System.Private.Xml
	TargetSite: Void Throw(System.Exception)

/Edit: Can't remember where I actually read about this, but I just removed the S from HTTPS and that seems to have sorted the issue :)

Edited by hshah
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
mark-in-dallas

/Edit: Can't remember where I actually read about this, but I just removed the S from HTTPS and that seems to have sorted the issue :)

I could not the get xstream-editor EPG link to work either, but changing the https:// to http:// worked like a charm for me as well.  Thank You!

I also tried it with and without the the user agent string, and it works either way.

• Like 1

Westiewill

anyone get this working w/ emby?  I cant get it to work, tried all the suggestions in this thread with no luck.

(xtream-editor + emby)

anyone get this working w/ emby?  I cant get it to work, tried all the suggestions in this thread with no luck.

(xtream-editor + emby)

Can you please describe the issue that you're having? Thanks.

Westiewill

I was able to fix it, I think I triggered some thing on the api on the IPTV provider and it blocked me for a bit. All good now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kikinjo

Xtream edtior does not allow epg downloads from any client, they are checking for useragent. I have cron job to dowload it localy and than use emby to pickup .gz file. I use firefox user agent spoofed in wget command.

Also they have daily limit of epg dowloads also, think its 50 times.