How to Order the Library entries on the EHS for EMC with Throgs themes..

One2Go

How about bring back the top level metadata options (or some out-of-app hack) for us anal retentive types? :)

I can't do that sorry. Having two ways  to accomplish the same thing tends to cause mass confusion, and in this case it always did. Emby for WMC might not be up to date with all features given the age of the app. Have you tried turning off legacy browsing? And of course I would make sure that EMC is up to date.

Doctor Bob

I can't do that sorry. Having two ways  to accomplish the same thing tends to cause mass confusion, and in this case it always did. Emby for WMC might not be up to date with all features given the age of the app. Have you tried turning off legacy browsing? And of course I would make sure that EMC is up to date.

Sounds all too hard. I'll stick with the "01-Movies, 02-TV Shows, etc" naming convention. It works.

Hi. Install the Beta version of EMC if you haven't already.  In this one app, beta isn't really a testing version but, rather, the version that works best with newer versions of the server.

One2Go

This changes the order in the Emby Server but does not change the order in the Emby WMC add-on. I have EHS enable and also have have enabled Legacy Folder Browsing.

Not sure if the above settings effect Home Screen --> Library Order positions. However, I do not want to change those settings.

As already mentioned you HAVE to install the beta version of EMC there are numerous other things that ONLY will work with the beta version. In addition I am running Throg's themes and in those themes the library order the way it appears in the server is reflected on the home screen.

• 9 months later...
Doctor Bob
On 8/25/2019 at 1:51 PM, Luke said:

It's all now very historic but I though I would update this post to say the sorting of library items is now a thing of the past.
It was solved in emby server version 4.4. Navigate to:
Media --> Home Screen --> Library Order

Thank you so much for adding this feature to emby and also the library rename feature. Life just got a lot easier!

Edited by Doctor Bob