Legacy folder view broken

StingerMeGood

shavid0610

Hi

I wanted to pass on this information in case is assists anyone with the same issue I am having.

I went ahead and flattened out all of my collections in my folder structure and found that my collections that had finally started working again after installing Auto box set plug in had vanished again.  Well, all but 8 of them...

So, I re-created my collections in my folder structure and re-scanned the libraries and they are all back again.

Maybe the folder structure does have some impact on showing the collections and having them nested?

shavid0610

I never use the Movies by Genre folder, but if I activate it, WMC shows the folders of the first 4 movies of that genre. Although the folder exists in C: \ Users \ MediaCenter \ AppData \ Roaming \ Emby-Server \ metadata.

I do not know if with this I can help.

Hi

I definitely don't have a path under C:\Users called mediacenter but I found the Emby-Server folder you mentioned by searching for it.  All of the sub-folders under genre had the images in them that I selected by using the Emby Web Client and they are working fine in EMC.

I looked at your attached images and wheat you have shown is not where we are trying to have an image show.  It is in the EHS - small little box to the left of the screen as seen in first image.  

You can see in second pic the other genres have an image here that is selected in the Emby Web Client but there is no where to set the image for Movies by Genre.  Can I save an image somewhere in the Emby-Server folder that will be seen by this little square in the EHS menu?

5ca4951b84ae5_Capture.jpg

5ca4957926039_Capture2.jpg

Teddy

Hi

I definitely don't have a path under C:\Users called mediacenter but I found the Emby-Server folder you mentioned by searching for it.  All of the sub-folders under genre had the images in them that I selected by using the Emby Web Client and they are working fine in EMC.

I looked at your attached images and wheat you have shown is not where we are trying to have an image show.  It is in the EHS - small little box to the left of the screen as seen in first image.  

You can see in second pic the other genres have an image here that is selected in the Emby Web Client but there is no where to set the image for Movies by Genre.  Can I save an image somewhere in the Emby-Server folder that will be seen by this little square in the EHS menu?

5ca4951b84ae5_Capture.jpg

5ca4957926039_Capture2.jpg

The path C: \ Users called mediacenter is my user, you will have another different user.

The behavior with genres is similar to how it shows with the theme Chocolate, small little box has not image even though the sub-folders under genre had the images in them.

EHS.bmp

Look on your server dashboard at the "Paths" section and find the path for "Metadata"

Go to that path and find the folder named "General".  If it doesn't exist, create it.  Then go into that folder.

Now find or create a folder called "Movies By Genre" and put an image in there named "folder.jpg/png".

Run a library scan.

One2Go

Look on your server dashboard at the "Paths" section and find the path for "Metadata"

Go to that path and find the folder named "General".  If it doesn't exist, create it.  Then go into that folder.

Now find or create a folder called "Movies By Genre" and put an image in there named "folder.jpg/png".

Run a library scan.

I did all of that but it does not resolve this problem for me. I have tried for all kinds of NON Library entries on the EHS like Forecast and Movies By Genre but never could get an image to display on the EHS for set EHS entry. It will only work if there is a library created using the Settings/Library page on the Emby Server web page. I have tried different images like Folder.png, Poster.png, Logo.png as well as backdrop.png and again it works for libraries that were created. If there is no entry in the Libraries page like Collections I can't get images to show up on the EHS for set EHS entry.

In addition I tried the ImagesByName folder in different places as well as different entries and settings but it just doesn't work for me and the @@throgmorton themes. Look at the attached pictures you can see the EHS entry and then the Recently Added Movies the Logo image displays but just not for the Movies By Genre entry.

Forecast Entry on EHS

5ca51d6875e58_EHSForecast.jpg

Movie By Genre

5ca51d82ecf29_EHSGenre.jpg

Recently Added shows image

5ca51da9a89fc_EHSGenreAdded.jpg

If there is an entry for Movies By Genre on the Emby Server Libraries Web Page like Collections you could assign images.

Edited by One2Go

Okay, then it is quite possible that this does not work anymore in the current server.  EMC would have been the only thing that ever used this construct.

shavid0610

Run a library scan.

Yep I can confirm this doesn't work

One2Go

Now before you delete everything put an image in there called backdrop.jpg for me it started to appease in all the movie genre categories, not what I wanted so I deleted it. Settled on the idea with no image for movies for genre.

One2Go

Here is what I have settled on for the Movie By Genre EHS entry. I can't get a logo or image to display on the EHS level however I can use images assigned to the individual genres.

For example in the following location for the Animation Genre \\NUC-PC\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\Genre\Animation\ I have an image called Poster.png and it will display. I use banners from different movies and create a poster the size of 1020 x 1500. Here is the Animation Genre image that I use.

Animation Genre Image:

5cad68c5c7820_GenreAnimation.png

This will result in the following Genre display from the EHS screen to showing the many different genres each with its own fitting image created from specific movie banners. The theme is Throgsoft's Maelstrom Thumb view. Then selecting that genre it displays a list of movies from it.

EHS screen of Movies by Genre (can't get an image into the box just text:

5cad69f4a6f04_EHSMoviesByGenre.jpg

Example of the Animation Genre:

5cad6a1a0c558_MoviesByGenreAnimation.jpg

The Animation Genre list of movies:

5cad6a614604e_MoviesByGenreDetail.jpg

This is the best I can do for movies by genre in EMC using the Throgsoft themes.

shavid0610

Now before you delete everything put an image in there called backdrop.jpg for me it started to appease in all the movie genre categories, not what I wanted so I deleted it. Settled on the idea with no image for movies for genre.

This didn't work either.  I have put these images in every folder I can think of that it might pull from but I am sure it is only grabbing it from the server and there is nowhere to assign an image to the genre menu in the server.

I am using the classic theme and have no problem getting images to show for each genre in the next screen down as I have set these images in the server, just can't get one to show in the EHS.  It's just bugging me as every other menu header has one except the Movies By Genre Menu header.  Makes my OCD itchy.

Sharon

One2Go

Well have to agree with you it is annoying but then what are the options? If you create a library called "Movies By Genre" you can assign images but it will not to the function that the on the fly created one does. I gues we have to beg and plead to create an entry for Movies By Genre the same way you have an entry for collections even though I don't have a single collection created.

shavid0610

beg and plead to create an entry for Movies By Genre the same way you have an entry for collections even though I don't have a single collection created.

Yes.  This would be a great feature