How to connect Emby through Qnap LetsEncrypt Certificate ?

ade05fr

jillybean

@schogobong I found a saved copy of my script which is slightly different to the original I posted.  I think the main change (based on a post by Jibest that suggested the key didn't change) was to alter the 'find' to look at the time on the cert file rather than the key file - so:

[[ -z `find cert -mmin -60` ]]     rather than   [[ -z `find key -mmin -60` ]]

• 1 year later...
On 1/21/2019 at 6:09 PM, Jibest said:

I've managed to answer most of those questions myself. You can automate the password when running the cmd by using -passout in the cmd.

To have no password add the following:

openssl pkcs12 -export -out certificate.pfx -inkey key -in cert -passout :pass

if you want a password then use

openssl pkcs12 -export -out certificate.pfx -inkey key -in cert -passout :passmypassword

I've decided to re-generate the PFX twice a month to avoid it expiring but need to wait and see if there are any issues. To do this I wrote a simple script to run the cmd and then added the following to Crontab:

0 0 */15 * 6 /share/CE_CACHEDEV6_DATA/Files/Scripts/Create_Cert.sh

Touch wood this will now take care if itself.

Thank you for this post. It helped me to figure out how to create it with no typo in regards to -inkey

But there is a typo when it comes to :pass and it should be pass: if no password, and pass:myPassWord if one wants a password

To have no password:

sudo openssl pkcs12 -export -out certificate.pfx -inkey key -in cert -passout pass:

To have password:

sudo openssl pkcs12 -export -out certificate.pfx -inkey key -in cert -passout pass:MyPassWord

Thanks