Dynamic Folder Images

KillyKillKill
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

KillyKillKill

Hi! I have just recently this month made the leap from Plex to Emby, and it has been a breeze. I've been very impressed! The whole thing works like a charm, and is beautiful to boot!

Except for one glaring exception: these auto-generated dynamic folder images. I'm sure for some people they look great, but to me it's sort of tacky and out-dated looking. Is there a simple way to turn these off? I've tried simply deleting them, and it looks great for a time, but eventually they just reappear again.

I've combed through a few other posts on this issue, and haven't found a simple way to turn them off, only real suggestion was to make and upload my own image files, which seems cumbersome and unnecessary, but if that's what it iz, then I guess it iz what it iz.

Just curious! Thanks in advance.

KillyKill

my ideal emby server look (before the dynamic folders spring back):

5c1ce83d7be60_embybackground.jpg

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Sorry there is no way to disable dynamic images.  Your only other option is to apply your own custom images to each library.

• Solution

ok, yes, there is no explicit setting to turn them off, although that's not a bad idea for the future. 

For now, you'd have to just supply your own image instead. Thanks.

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

Here's what I'm looking at, the only picture I added myself are photos and spectacles musique libraries, every other libraries have those by default.

5c1f739db521b_Capture.png

Edited by jlr19

Happy2Play

Was going to say you have a issue but it is the forum doesn't like PNG images, that is why it is distorted.

CharleyVarrick

Was going to say you have a issue but it is the forum doesn't like PNG images, that is why it is distorted.

What is distorted?

5c1ffcdad32bd_Capture.png

For standard (default) libraries, I always got those 4 thin posters inside the tile that Emby picked within said library.

For my custom folders (for instance music concerts) I was getting the same lovely 70's tiles as OP.

I always thought this behaviour was normal and predictable.

Edited by jlr19

Happy2Play

What is distorted?

Well png image in post 10 is not distorted.

Unless it is just my system, png images appear distorted on the forum. Downloading the image appears normal.

Capture of image in post 7.

5c2002afbe95b_image.jpg

CharleyVarrick

OK I think I get what you refer to, some kind of black and white negative effect (?).

The funny thing is they're both PNG, so yes, it  must be some rendering issue on the forum.

Edited by jlr19
  • Like 1