Emby server stopped working

cybercitizen

cybercitizen

I identify a movie folder to Emby that contain over 900 movie titles. It works fine and recognize all of them,

But when I enter to some of movies in my library it stopped working, the only solution is killing the EmbyServer.exe via Task Manager and run Emby Server again but the issue with that movies is happened again as I enter to them.

When I directly click on play button without entering description page of that movies it works fine and play them, the problem are appear in description page, as I enter to it the EmbyServer stopped working

I remove and add movie folder to library again but there was no change in the problem

I remove hard drive that contain movies without removing them from library and enter to Emby page of that movies, it crashed again.

It happens for movie tittles like: Ben-Hur (2016), Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters (2013), The Hunt (2012), Antichrist (2009) ...

Anyone have same problem? What is the solution?

Edited by cybercitizen

notla49285

What do you mean by when you "enter them"? What are you using to access Emby with? Phone? Roku? Fire stick? Web player? Do you get any error message? What actually happens on screen?

By the way, removing a hard drive and then trying to access movies on that hard drive is never a good idea.

cybercitizen

EmbyServer is run on Windows 7 PC and I use Emby in my Android phone and Android TV.

In all of them when I try to access the movies that I told server stopped working and must killed by task manager, even trying to restart EmbyServer in system try give me message "Unable to restart server".

In the PC Chrome browser we have direct play button for movies and it works for all of them, in Android TV or Android phone we must first enter to a description page of movie and then play them, as I enter to description page of that specific movies the server stop working.

Edited by cybercitizen

Hi, I believe this is resolved for the upcoming 3.6 server release. If you need immediate relief you can always jump on the beta channel. Thanks.