Plex to Emby... (how did it go?)

skidmarks

Copenhagen

Okay, this is the error I get. However, I believe that the previous reason I stated it did this is not the case. I now believe that when the computer restarts is when the server has to be reset. The server comes back up on restart, but the Roku app can not connect to it until it is restarted. It's not a big deal, more of an inconvenience. "Wake Server" option does not work either. Only when you right click on the icon in the tray, and select Restart Server, does it fix.

post-388712-0-33688600-1546855503_thumb.jpg

Edited by Copenhagen

That's quite strange. Can you please attach the emby server log from right after the machine restart? Thanks.

Ok that's actually not a log from a restart, that's from when the log automatically rotated at midnight. Can you provide the one from when the machine restarted? Thanks.

Copenhagen

That is the log right before it did the same error again, that forced me to restart the server again. There was one before that one that was labeled 12:01 AM.

Edited by Copenhagen

hey, i just installed the emby server beta over the top of the standard release version and was assuming/hoping that it supported the file structure for movies extras that plex uses?

ie -behindthescenes, -deleted, -featurette etc etc

however i've forced re-scanned the libraries and those files are still showing up as separate items in the library and not within the movie they belong to.

do i need to do anything else to make them go where they should?

i did post this as a new thread, but just realised this may be more appropriate in here.

5c3a562745a59_Annotation20190112210257.j

thanks.

i may have to disable emby server for the time being, as i've just noticed it's using extremely high amounts of network activity, causing the server to not respond to remote access connections.

server is on eth2

5c3a5c7d8131a_Annotation20190112213010.j

The server doesn't create network activity all by itself, therefore it would not be fair to simply associate this with emby server and then move on. It would be better to look at what the activity is and why, and then see what can be adjusted.

i just stopped the emby server and the network activity returned to normal.

that would point to emby being the source of the traffic.

i just stopped the emby server and the network activity returned to normal.

that would point to emby being the source of the traffic.

I understand, but Emby will only do what you will allow it to do, so it would be better to look at what it is doing and why, rather than just say "Emby uses too much network traffic", and then move on.

well it's a clean install (current release), with the beta release then installed over the top.

3 libraries (2 movies, 1 tv shows).

nothing was playing, the emby server was sitting idle.

not sure what emby would be doing to use >200Mbps in traffic.
if there is anything that will tell me what it was doing to cause that then i'll happily look.

Happy2Play

well it's a clean install (current release), with the beta release then installed over the top.

3 libraries (2 movies, 1 tv shows).

nothing was playing, the emby server was sitting idle.

not sure what emby would be doing to use >200Mbps in traffic.

if there is anything that will tell me what it was doing to cause that then i'll happily look.

You are aware the upgrade has a lot of database changes that requires almost all your media to be reprocessed.  So this activity is during the initial library scan after the upgrade, correct.

initial library scan had completed as far as i could see.

dashboard was not showing library scan taking place.

even if it was, would that account for 200Mbps of outgoing and incoming network traffic? (ie even to saturate the port and cause the server to become unresponsive to remote connections?)

as i said in my other thread though, if the file structure isn't compatible with the plex structure then it's not something i'd be moving forward with now.
happy to help with working out the cause of the network saturation though.

Happy2Play

initial library scan had completed as far as i could see.

dashboard was not showing library scan taking place.

even if it was, would that account for 200Mbps of outgoing and incoming network traffic? (ie even to saturate the port and cause the server to become unresponsive to remote connections?)

as i said in my other thread though, if the file structure isn't compatible with the plex structure then it's not something i'd be moving forward with now.

happy to help with working out the cause of the network saturation though.

You would need to post a server log, or PM the log.  Also you don't save metadata with media, correct?

You would need to post a server log, or PM the log.  Also you don't save metadata with media, correct?

no idea where it would ask if metadata was saved with media, but the library settings were left all on defaults. only thing set when creating libraries was the type and folder locations.

Happy2Play

no idea where it would ask if metadata was saved with media, but the library settings were left all on defaults. only thing set when creating libraries was the type and folder locations.

They are off by default.  Options per library when you set them up.  Also a Advance settings switch at the top.  

5c3a667ba3649_library.jpg

But only a log will show what your server is doing.

Haven't read everything but that bandwidth appears to be the NIC correct?

Do you have files on a NAS or other file server that your Emby server uses to store files?

If so then it would be quite high after the upgrade for a bit as it's rebuilding meta-data.  It could be generating index files, bif files or any other number of things it may need to do after the upgrade (which is documented).  This is all a one time event.

So do you have files stored on a different box?

Happy2Play

no, all files are locally stored on USB connected HDDs.

Sorry, but without requested information there is nothing anyone can do.  We can speculate on what is happening.  As I suspect metadata/images being re-downloaded,

yes i know,

but as i said if emby doesn't support the same file for extras that plex does then it's not something i would be moving forward with anyway.
when i read that emby supported the -deletescene tag then i assumed it would work "as is", didn't know it also required the movie name to be in the file name as well.

however, if it was re-downloading metadata/images then it still shouldn't saturate the network port.
on the initial install with the standard relese it didn't to that. the beta version was installed over the top after the libraries had fully populated.

emby hasn't been restarted since it was doing that last night, so if there is a log sitting somewhere then i'll happily provide it, but i don't want to restart emby again for it saturday the network port again.