Google Drive / GSuite and Emby

flyload

upsnowman

Yes obviously sometimes two people can have totally different experiences for sure.

Wow at least to me 50 TB is huge for cloud storage. I'm sure you could have issues with any solution when you start getting such large amounts of data.

At least with my current amount of data of 8TB and only 3 users, I have honestly not had a single issue in almost 2 years.

I'm definitely NOT disputing anything you've said. It's just in my situation it's honestly been rock solid and quick.

Thanks for sharing the negatives.

You're at "sane levels" of usage. :)  The problem is that once people start thinking of "free data storage" they go crazy uploading everything in site because they think they can.  Then they want to show off their version of Netflix so they start sharing their server with everyone they know. The combination of storage in use and number of users adds up quickly!

You have a perfect setup and using the tool very wisely!  If you fill that drive up consider starting a second drive vs enlarging it.  That also gives you the ability to create the drive with a different Google Username as well if appropriate, which then cuts down how much Google sees as usage for an account as your traffic is split between a couple of Google users.

Believe it or not 50TB is not that much for many users as they start trying to archive full bluray rips where each movie can be 50GB a shot or more.

upsnowman

Yeah right now I have 2 different Google "drives". A 10TB Movie drive and a 10TB TV drive. I actually use Drive File Stream in combination with StableBit CloudDrive but I'll definitely keep your suggestions in mind.

Thanks again

• Like 1