Google Drive / GSuite and Emby

flyload

Hey,

I am using Emby for a while now and I am wondering if there is a way to let emby access my video Files which are stored on Google Drive and Google Suite?

It should access the files and stream them to my TV.

Is this possible or do I need an Addon for that?

Regards

How does that work?

I just downloaded rclone but it seems to be a bit difficult to set that up?

Is there another tool with Graphic UI?

saitoh183

How does that work?

I just downloaded rclone but it seems to be a bit difficult to set that up?

Is there another tool with Graphic UI?

There is no easy solution. Emby has a plugin for gdrive but that is to upload your current local content to gdrive so that you can play it from there.

Check the rclone Forum there is lots help and info there

There is no easy solution. Emby has a plugin for gdrive but that is to upload your current local content to gdrive so that you can play it from there.

Check the rclone Forum there is lots help and info there

But whats the use of this plugin? I mean when I upload stuff to google drive I cannot stream it to my TV? The plugin should be the other way, or am I wrong? I need to access stuff from the cloud to stream it to my devices?

saitoh183

But whats the use of this plugin? I mean when I upload stuff to google drive I cannot stream it to my TV? The plugin should be the other way, or am I wrong? I need to access stuff from the cloud to stream it to my devices?

Rclone is your best bet. It is the solution most people use when they need to stream from the cloud.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Rclone is your best bet. It is the solution most people use when they need to stream from the cloud.

Ok I hope I can set it up - Till now it seems to hard for me ;)

saitoh183

Is there a way someone can make a plugin for that?

I doubt that will happen because methods already exist

Perplexed

If you are still looking for an answer, you can check my signature on how to setup Emby with Google drive. It would work on a VPS or computer at home... if you can move a mouse and use a keyboard, you can setup Emby with Google :D 

• Like 1

A plugin to do what?

To connect Emby with Google Drive / Google Suite to let it access all the movie files from there

If you are still looking for an answer, you can check my signature on how to setup Emby with Google drive. It would work on a VPS or computer at home... if you can move a mouse and use a keyboard, you can setup Emby with Google :D

But your tutorial is for Plex and not for Emby :(

Coxeroni

It works the same. You mount it via rclone and then just point Emby to the respective mount. Works equally for whatever software you are using to access the mount.

• Like 1

Perplexed

Right, Emby is a lot easier to setup than Plex, that is why I only mentioned Plex. I see how that could be confusing though, so I'm updating the guide to mention Emby as well :)

Edit: and.... done. Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Perplexed

Right, Emby is a lot easier to setup than Plex, that is why I only mentioned Plex. I see how that could be confusing though, so I'm updating the guide to mention Emby as well :)

Edit: and.... done. Thanks for the heads up!

Thank you! I will test it when I get home :)

Rclone has a pretty decent guide on their homepage:

https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_config/

Https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_mount/

Windows is also mentioned there, the setup is not very different for whatever OS, obviously only the mount style differs

I already tried that, but it seems pretty hard to set that up. I never did set anything up in command lines ;)

Coxeroni

The steps should be as follows:

Download rclone

Install rclone

Ctrl+R: cmd -> Enter

In the command line, type: rclone config -> Enter

Then follow what is written in the guide by @@Perplexed. It works exactly the same.

If you need more assistance, check google and/or youtube for something like 'rclone windows guide'. you will find a lot of help there.

Edited by Coxeroni
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

why are you not just using Google's drive file stream? it creates a drive on your pc like a regular hard drive. its easy as download, install and launch

Charlie117

If you're not comfortable using the CLI (even though to be honest Rclone is super user friendly compared to most CLI stuff) then I also suggest looking at something simpler with a GUI such as Google Drive File Stream, Stablebit CloudDrive or ExpanDrive.

Edited by Charlie117
  • Like 1

If you're not comfortable using the CLI (even though to be honest Rclone is super user friendly compared to most CLI stuff) then I also suggest looking at something simpler with a GUI such as Google Drive File Stream, Stablebit CloudDrive or ExpanDrive.

Google Drive File Stream - just because its free and works great