Fanart.tv Image issues

dcol

arrbee99

See OK for me, just from adding some Thor movies today and extra art appeared for Iron Man movies which didn't have stuff yesterday.

Why this topic here? I write on beta section  :/

This is a known issue with fanart.tv and there are multiple topics on it now so just trying to consolidate.

The best thing you can do is send some $$ Fanart.tv's way to help them keep things going.

Thanks.

This is a known issue with fanart.tv and there are multiple topics on it now so just trying to consolidate.

The best thing you can do is send some $$ Fanart.tv's way to help them keep things going.

Thanks

I'm vip member and i have my key too + i have arts published there. Do i need more?

I'm vip member and i have my key too + i have arts published there. Do i need more?

Hi.  No, sounds like you've done your part.  I'm sure they appreciate it.

If they can't handle the load, maybe they should restrict access to those with API keys and a greatly reduced bandwidth to others. Then they might see more $$$.

Obviously people, as usual, are taking advantage of their generosity.

Edited by dcol

If they can't handle the load, maybe they should restrict access to those with API keys and a greatly reduced bandwidth to others. Then they might see more $$$.

Obviously people, as usual, are taking advantage of their generosity.

Ok , maybe for test... can i remove the api key? 

You can add/delete the key in >Settings>Library>advanced>fanart.tv

Edited by dcol

I find no difference whether the key is there or not. It's just their servers that handle the API's is down all the time. The website always seems to work, so go grab your images and import them into Emby

Edited by dcol

I find no difference whether the key is there or not. It's just their servers that handle the API's is down all the time. The website always seems to work, so go grab your images and import them into Emby

What a mess with that people... It was working fine for 3 weeks or so :/

Edited by HRSCR

Happy2Play

The assets server is being hammered, the certificate hasn't expired it's just the hosts killing the traffic when it goes too high and for some reason it's putting out weird errors.

I added some rate limiting yesterday which initially seemed to help, but weekends are always higher traffic anyway. I'll have a look at modifying the rate limiting.

https://forum.fanart.tv/viewtopic.php?p=14187#p14187

Edited by Happy2Play

jasonmcroy

I have been searching the forum about this issue and found this thread. I know nothing we can do on our side necessarily but I was wondering if everyone else is still having issues as well? I will try again tomorrow since maybe their traffic load is less on Monday but we'll see.

I did become a VIP member a while ago per another thread I had started on this because ebr recommended it. I also have my api key entered into the plugin (I am on the Beta server).

I would say it is a OS issue as reported in other topics.

5c09bf078af95_active.jpg

As in: The OS the server is running on ? Synology. I never paid much attention since this only started happening late, and I was thinking it was connected to this fanart.tv thing (logos only having placeholders etc)

I have been searching the forum about this issue and found this thread. I know nothing we can do on our side necessarily but I was wondering if everyone else is still having issues as well? I will try again tomorrow since maybe their traffic load is less on Monday but we'll see.

I did become a VIP member a while ago per another thread I had started on this because ebr recommended it. I also have my api key entered into the plugin (I am on the Beta server).

Yes. Still having issues. At least for me, Images dont display but rather the placeholders. And I get the spinning circle whenever I chose to download.

Edited by djhifi

jasonmcroy

Yes. Still having issues. At least for me, Images dont display but rather the placeholders. And I get the spinning circle whenever I chose to download.

Ok, thanks. Just making sure it wasn't just me and something broken on my end.

Happy2Play

As in: The OS the server is running on ? Synology. I never paid much attention since this only started happening late, and I was thinking it was connected to this fanart.tv thing (logos only having placeholders etc)

Do the images actually exit in your library?