Fanart.tv Image issues

dcol

Maybe it's a setting, but I no longer get any fanart in the images. I get the placeholders, but no images.I don't get any in the beta version either. And there I have entered my fanart.tv VIP key.

Is this a setting, or is it something else. Been like this for at least a week now.

I did have images in the past. Now those images are gone and the ones I have used are not being used anymore and have reverted to the default image. Aren't they cached so we can use the images when they are down. If not, maybe they should be.

Happy2Play

As reported in older topics they are throwing SSL errors again.

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

5c0995b57b3ef_error.jpg

• Like 1

Happy2Play

May have to reopen topic over there.  Or wait a couple days as the previous cert expires on 12/09/2018 and as shown above a even older cert is being displayed now.

https://forum.fanart.tv/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8408&p=14076&hilit=certificate#p14076

Edited by Happy2Play

arrbee99

Just wondering, Emby seems to be reluctant to get some extra art stuff recently when I add the odd new movie. Fr'instance, have finally acquired the BR versions of the Iron Man films to replace the DVDs and there is somewhat less artwork being added. Think its connected with this Fanart issue or something completely different ?

5c0999e34c55d_Embylessartworkobtained.jp

Happy2Play

@@arrbee99

Well fanart.tv is the only source of logo, landscape, banner, clearart and disc images.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

arrbee99

Ah OK, That might tend to explain it.

P.S. I presume the order of Movie Image Fetchers is irrelevant, so long as the right stuff is ticked.

Yes, @@Happy2Play is correct. Nothing wrong with Emby but rather fanart.tv. This is also happening to me. Only placeholders on logos and more stuff coming from fanart.tv.

Funny thing is that some movies or tv shows, have the logo displaying even with the placeholder but others don't. And the ones that don't, when someone's playing them and it's showing in the dashboard, no icon shows, but rather an "x"

I noticed something even funnier. Past Friday I've placed Nightflyers (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/nightflyers) in my Library. No logo was scrapped and when I search for logo using Emby (even today), nothing is returned. But a quick search on fanart.tv returns 2 logos (https://fanart.tv/series/347648/nightflyers/). I ended up manually downloading one and uploading to the server.

Is there a time-delay in place (between fanart.tv uploading something and it being available through the API) that I never noticed or...?

Edited by djhifi

Happy2Play

Is there a time-delay in place (between fanart.tv uploading something and it being available through the API) that I never noticed or...?

Yes

Requests to fanart without a personal API key return images that were approved over 7 days ago. With a personal API key that drops to 48 hours and if you are also a fanart VIP member that will further drop to around 10 minutes.

@@Luke will this return in 3.6?

• Like 1

Happy2Play

I have a VIP API key and still no images

Has nothing to do with current fanart.tv certificate issues.

Yes

Requests to fanart without a personal API key return images that were approved over 7 days ago. With a personal API key that drops to 48 hours and if you are also a fanart VIP member that will further drop to around 10 minutes.

I see :) Thanks

Can you reproduce: 

Funny thing is that some movies or tv shows, have the logo displaying even with the placeholder but others don't. And the ones that don't, when someone's playing them and it's showing in the dashboard, no icon shows, but rather an "x"

?

Edited by djhifi

Happy2Play

I see :) Thanks

Can you reproduce: 

?

I would say it is a OS issue as reported in other topics.

5c09bf078af95_active.jpg

Yes

It is still there.

Happy2Play

It is still there.

That's right it moved directly to the Plugin

Happy2Play

My emby server wont download any artwork from fanart.tv

I've attached a screenshot and my server logs.

Merged topic as a known issue.

I was having this issue as well, it seems just now I was able to pull some image files from fanart.tv through emby successfully.

Might be fixed now?