Playlist Duplicates

PuffyToesToo

Would it be feasible to have a dialogue box that alerts you when you are about to add an item to a playlist that already exists on that playlist? Thanks.

• Like 9

This sort of thing is typically allowed with playlists though, right? I don't recall seeing any other app requiring a confirmation like this.

My experience has been that, yes, you can add the same item as often as you want to playlists. I have several TV show playlists (For example, all Christmas episodes of various shows) which can contain hundreds of episodes.  When I am meticulously creating them by searching for said episodes, and come back to continue working on one sometime later, I can forget where I left off, and the confirmation dialogue would simply be a nice feature to have for this purpose. 

• 6 months later...

Didn't see this request anywhere so...

I would like to see a prompt when I try to add a song to a playlist that already contains that song. Something like:

"This song is already in this playlist, Add anyways?"

"OK         Cancel"

So I dont have to have two windows open to make sure I'm not duplicating songs in my playlist.

• Like 5

• 2 years later...
SWORMUTH

Exactly the question I had.  It's hard to build music playlists over time because who knows if you previously added a particular song to a music playlist when you have thousands and thousands of songs.  Just a pop up that says "it's already in there, would you like to add the duplicate entry (yes/no)" would be great.

Edited by SWORMUTH
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2