Error during installation of Emby plugin on FreeNAS

tachain

Hi,

I tried installing Emby 3.5.3.0 thru plugin tab, however error occurred. Does anyone face same error that have a solutions? Thank You.

[EFAULT] Exception: URLError: occured, destroyed emby.

post-383903-0-86887400-1543340383_thumb.png

Edited by tachain

makarai

Hi,

I tried installing Emby 3.5.3.0 thru plugin tab, however error occurred. Does anyone face same error that have a solutions? Thank You.

[EFAULT] Exception: URLError: occured, destroyed emby.

Seen this many times, its because of the broken plugin that freenas employs. As usual i recommend the two easy steps and go for the cli installation :)  

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ma-karai/iocage-plugin-emby/master/emby-server.json
iocage fetch -P dhcp=on vnet=on bpf=yes -n emby-server-beta.json --branch 'master' 
Edited by makarai
  • Like 1

Seen this many times, its because of the broken plugin that freenas employs. As usual i recommend the two easy steps and go for the cli installation :)  

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bott0r/iocage-plugin-emby-beta/master/emby-server-beta.json
iocage fetch -P dhcp=on vnet=on bpf=yes -n emby-server-beta.json --branch 'master' 

Tried, but failed as well. 

post-383903-0-47703100-1543423688_thumb.png

makarai

The official repo is fine of course. However, i strongly suggest that you change your install instructions to 

as it takes the guessing out of the network config/ settings.

makarai

Tried, but failed as well. 

That is really strange, as i have tested the install file and I am actively using it.  It must be something different. Do you have any other plugins installed ? 

makarai

@@makarai, so the differences are dhcp=on and bfp=yes  ?

yeah it takes out the guessing of interface and ip range and so on (after its started, freenas people can just use the GUI to change their settings)

yeah it takes out the guessing of interface and ip range and so on (after its started, freenas people can just use the GUI to change their settings)

Ok, I've incorporated them. Thanks.

makarai

Ok, I've incorporated them. Thanks.

iocage fetch -P --name emby-server.json ip4_addr="vtnet0|192.168.122.3/24" defaultrouter="192.168.0.1" dhcp="on" vnet="on" bpf="yes" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on" 

#####  need to be change to 

iocage fetch -P dhcp=on vnet=on bpf=yes allow_raw_sockets="1" -n emby-server-beta.json --branch 'master' 
Edited by makarai

That is really strange, as i have tested the install file and I am actively using it.  It must be something different. Do you have any other plugins installed ? 

There is no other plugins, this is the 1st plugin that i'm trying to install. I tried to install zoneminder, and same error had occured.

makarai

There is no other plugins, this is the 1st plugin that i'm trying to install. I tried to install zoneminder, and same error had occured.

I am guessing then the installation failed because something is not properly setup within freenas. Install a plugin that definitely works from the freenas catalog

Maybe check https://ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/11.2/plugins.html?highlight=plugins for help. Also what exact version of freenas are you running. the same error was reported at somepoint

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/cannot-install-any-plugin-urlopen-error-errno-8.68731/

why?

Because either you set an IP+gateway or you use DHCP. 

Edited by makarai

makarai

@@Luke

Simple Installation using DHCP 

cd /tmp
wget https:// whatever you prefer /emby-server.json
iocage fetch -P dhcp=on vnet=on bpf=yes allow_raw_sockets="1" -n emby-server-beta.json --branch 'master' 

will install a full fledged emby-server which can be manipulated afterwards with the GUI l -> post-165508-0-44780900-1543477818_thumb.png which then can be modified by the user with the GUI, and they can refer to the FreeNAS manual

Installation with static IP (for the slightly more advanced user)

cd /tmp
wget https:// whatever /emby-server.json
iocage fetch -P --name emby-server-beta.json ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.0.112/24" defaultrouter="192.168.0.1" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on" host_hostname="emby-beta" host_domainname=""

The most frequent reports of issues i see, is that people dont know what their interface is that they like to use (e.g. em igb or vnet) alongside that they have no idea what ip addresses they need to set. So i think for you guys its easiest to let people start with a dhcp installation. 

Edited by makarai

So you think that dialog box makes it easier? I think that will lead to a lot of users asking us what they should be filling out.

makarai

@@Luke

So you think that dialog box makes it easier? I think that will lead to a lot of users asking us what they should be filling out.

No, i might have phrased it poorly. The command i offered you will install a full fledged emby server, within 80 seconds  in DHCP mode.  Afterwards it will just show up in the GUI.

I can create another video if you want one for better understanding.

Edited by makarai

I am guessing then the installation failed because something is not properly setup within freenas. Install a plugin that definitely works from the freenas catalog

Maybe check https://ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/11.2/plugins.html?highlight=plugins for help. Also what exact version of freenas are you running. the same error was reported at somepoint

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/cannot-install-any-plugin-urlopen-error-errno-8.68731/

Because either you set an IP+gateway or you use DHCP. 

Hi,

Just to update that I manage to install the plugin by manual configuring IPv4, set IPv4 interface to "bridge0"

post-383903-0-30073900-1543589697_thumb.png

makarai

Hi,

Just to update that I manage to install the plugin by manual configuring IPv4, set IPv4 interface to "bridge0"

I doubt bridge0 is the propper selection would you mind telling me what else can be selected in the drop down menu. 

Typically it is like this

pysical interface igb0, or else -> Bridge0 -> Member of Bridge ( igb0, virtual interfaces (Freenas creats tapX and vnetY)  

Check ifconfig in the shell and check what interfaces are available

When you select an interface you should select the interface for jails which in freenas is vnetY and for vms tapX

Edited by makarai

I doubt bridge0 is the propper selection would you mind telling me what else can be selected in the drop down menu. 

Typically it is like this

pysical interface igb0, or else -> Bridge0 -> Member of Bridge ( igb0, virtual interfaces (Freenas creats tapX and vnetY)  

Check ifconfig in the shell and check what interfaces are available

When you select an interface you should select the interface for jails which in freenas is vnetY and for vms tapX

my motherboard ASRock H370M-ITX/ac have two LAN ports. Dropdown selections are 

1. igb0

2. em0

3. bridge0

makarai

Hi,

questions.

Which interface is the cable plugged in?

Can you please install another plugin from the plugin catalogue, I recommend irssr.

Can you type ifconfig in the shell and report back