Lee's themes

mariors44

Yogi

This thread is really shining a light on a bigger issue with Media Browser.  I really like the look of a lot of the work Lee has done and was keen to try out his themes over a long period of time but each time I was ready to buy them I'd check the support threads for them and there was always far too many people with issues making the themes unusable.  As far as I can see these themes never got to a state that would justify a release version coming out rather than a Beta.

I'm not a huge fan of super locked down app stores like the Apple app store but I think there is a certain duty of care that the "owners" of the project have to the community to make sure that if the media browser ecosystem is being used to sell a product that product should meet certain minimum quality levels.  Otherwise we end up with people getting disillusioned that they have paid for a product that is not fit for purpose.

Couldn't agree more,I have bought all but owe of Lee's the es and now do not even have them installed on my main Home theatre.

Shame really as they had so much potential.

leedavies

Couldn't agree more,I have bought all but owe of Lee's the es and now do not even have them installed on my main Home theatre.

Shame really as they had so much potential.

I'm not dead, just been otherwise occupied for a while and had to disassemble my home theater for a house move.

Yogi - There are a few visual issues I'm aware of, but nothing critical is there?

• Like 1

Hi Lee, good to read you are still alive.  ;)

You are only aware of some few visual issues? 

Over the last months several big issues were posted and I wonder if you have seen them all (regarding performance, stability, etc....)  :blink:

Edited by 1972

Echostorm

WB Lee.  Its a bit worse than that.  Breeze has some crashing issues and performance issues.

leedavies

All your themes lee need some maintenance.

It's vague statements like that that I'm trying to nail down into specifics.

ireme

Lee, With Breeze version 1.0.12.0 when scrolling folders, Mediacenter ls hangs and the only solution sometimes is to kill ehshell process.
That does not happen if I use the previous version 1.0.10.0.

Maybe a video to help understand what happens

(I recorded the video after the folder scrolling begins to fails)

http://www.firedrive.com/file/4F7852875389C60B

If you want, I can send you more information

Regards

Edited by ireme
  • Like 1

Yogi

Yogi - There are a few visual issues I'm aware of, but nothing critical is there?

Sorry Lee I disagree there are quite a few posts on the forum where people are having some major issues with your themes.And they are getting dislliusioned about using them as am I,as I thought they where going to be maintained or at least useable when I purchased them.

I am only going to list 2 threads here that people are having issues but you can search the forum for Crytal,Breeze,Aztec or Roc and there is quite a few posts there.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5669-roc-v1200-now-live/&do=findComment&comment=82712

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5234-aztec-v1050-is-now-live/&do=findComment&comment=78781

• Like 5

BeppoMonkeyBoy

It would be nice to be able to trail the themes again, i used them when they first came out, and its been updated since then and i can't retest as the trail as expired, i'm currently using throgs themes, in classic, they don't support some of the new features, but they work.

• 3 weeks later...
leedavies

It would be nice to be able to trail the themes again, i used them when they first came out, and its been updated since then and i can't retest as the trail as expired, i'm currently using throgs themes, in classic, they don't support some of the new features, but they work.

Agreed - this will happen.  Working on updates and the reported issues now.

Has been a hectic few months for me... moving house, starting a new job etc, plus having no Internet at home for several weeks.....  now I'm more settled into my new life and home though I've got time to sort my themes!!!

More shortly.....

• Like 2

mariors44

Agreed - this will happen.  Working on updates and the reported issues now.

Has been a hectic few months for me... moving house, starting a new job etc, plus having no Internet at home for several weeks.....  now I'm more settled into my new life and home though I've got time to sort my themes!!!

More shortly.....

Lee, I hope everything is Ok in your life now. And I'm glad that you are back on board and have more time to fix your themes because I truly enjoy them.

thanks for your update status.

GrotShot

Welcome back Lee. Looking forward to ROC becoming the perfect theme.

• Like 2

leedavies

Lee, I hope everything is Ok in your life now. And I'm glad that you are back on board and have more time to fix your themes because I truly enjoy them.

thanks for your update status.

Thank you.

I'm now very glad I didn't post a rude response to your suggestions of only ever releasing perfect products and then moving onto the next one.  You should share that advice with Microsoft, Apple, Adobe etc....

• 2 weeks later...
aspdend

Glad to hear you are back in the fold again Lee - looking forward to some updates on your themes, especially my favourite, ROC. Tried it again last night (been using NEO for a while now) and although it's a bit slow in the EHS, the real issue for me is when you move into one of the sub-folders form the EHS - for me it is "TV-Current". When browsing my shows to watch in coverflow if I move to the right (I have it set to start with unplayed so the series with all items played are on the left) then it is slow and jerky when the covers cycle from right to left and after moving about 6 covers to the right, it jumps back about 4/5 covers...

leedavies

Lee, have you started working on any updates for your themes?

Thanks

Dominick

Yes, I have updates being tested right now.  Will post more shortly.

• Like 1

FlyGuyAZ

Just received a discount offer in my email for 25% off a bundle and would love to buy but I have issues. I already have purchased Crystal and love the other themes but have been waiting for the remaining bugs to be fixed. Specifically, the one mentioned in this thread with the disappearing posters. http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/4109-crystal-v10102-is-now-live/page-2

leedavies

Just received a discount offer in my email for 25% off a bundle and would love to buy but I have issues. I already have purchased Crystal and love the other themes but have been waiting for the remaining bugs to be fixed. Specifically, the one mentioned in this thread with the disappearing posters. http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/4109-crystal-v10102-is-now-live/page-2

This is fixed in the upcoming Crystal patch.  There'll be a beta appearing this coming weekend.

• Like 2

gotkids

Any word on an ROC update, I've issues with the laggy scrolling (just an aesthetics doesn't affect functionality).  And with the new interface on MB it crashes at the end of every movie, episode etc.  

darengibo

I recently purchased Aztec (to go along with the other 3 Lee themes), and found it unusable.  Was going to go the route of requesting refund via Paypal but figured eventually Lee will get things up and running again..

although from reading the comments (which i wish I would have read before getting sucked into the beauty of Aztec), I am not setting expectations too high.

For now, it is the default Chocolate that is working best.