andrewmalpass

Can Emby transcode DTS to DD/AC3?

rbjtech
4 hours ago, Strudo76 said:

Would this issue be the reason why my friends with a LG 75UN8100PTB don't get any audio at all with DTS or TrueHD streams? If there is something that can be specified in the app to transcode those streams to something it can play, can someone describe it to me? I'm trying to troubleshoot their problem but I don't have an LG TV to see what the app looks like.

No LG TV that I'm aware of supports HD Audio internally (WebOS Apps) - and in 2020 they also removed DTS Core (5.1).  

Emby should therefore try and transcode those streams to AC3 - but a preferred option would be to simply select the non-HD/non-DTS stream before playing.

mctubster

I would also like to vote for the the AC3 switch. I have a 2020 LG with zero DTS capability and a Sonos soundbar. BTW the Samsungs also have no DTS decode as well and Sonos is selling a lot of soundbars, so suspect this intersection will get larger and larger

Cheers

rbjtech

This feature is in the next release of the LG App - the issue with with all the TV Apps is the manufacturers take FOREVER to validate and approve EACH update.    LG appear to actually be one of the quicker ones .. so just a waiting game I'm afraid ..

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

Strudo76

Rather than wait for the apps to be approved, would it be possible to introduce a list of available formats on a per user basis? That way if there are troublesome devices that for one reason or another don't support a particular format, we could set up a user profile which that device would sign in as, and transcoding would be based on what formats the user profile says are valid, rather than what the device says it supports. It would work around any issues of device incompatibilities and allow the desired configuration up to the server administrator.

coolspot

Oh nice I think this has been my issue with some media forever now on my LG and sonos.  Glad to be the DTS thing has been addressed!

It's sometimes hard to find the media in the sound format I'm looking for, especially with the 4k