• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jkmonk0823 OFFLINE  

jkmonk0823

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 05:36 PM

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:40 PM

I have been experimenting with different IPTV providers, and I now have 18,742 channels.  The only tuner I have installed right now is the HD Homerun Connect with my OTA channels and the premium channels from Silicon Dust.  How can I get rid of all the old IPTV channels?  Also, how can I can include the username and password for an M3U file I created for another provider?

#2 samuelqwe OFFLINE  

samuelqwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Local time: 06:36 PM
  • LocationEarth, Milky Way

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:23 PM

Try running a guide update and wait until it finishes. You should be left with the channels from your HDHomerun tuner.

#3 jkmonk0823 OFFLINE  

jkmonk0823

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:27 PM

That did the trick.  Thanks.  Now if I can figure out how to enter the username and password for an M3U file, I will be all set.

#4 samuelqwe OFFLINE  

samuelqwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Local time: 06:36 PM
  • LocationEarth, Milky Way

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:42 PM

You should be able to enter the M3U URL exactly as in other apps, as an M3U tuner. Usually it's going to look something like:

http://yourservice.com/get.php?username=XXXX&password=XXXX&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

and you just have to fill in the username and password. Make sure you take the URL from your service, not this one. If it's a file, then you should be able to add that as your M3U tuner without needing to provide a username or password.

Edited by samuelqwe, 19 November 2018 - 01:43 PM.

#5 jkmonk0823 OFFLINE  

jkmonk0823

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:55 PM

I am assuming the provider includes the username and password in the file somehow.  I want to edit the file and include only the channels I really want.  I don't have the time or patience to try and watch 6000 channels!

#6 atomicmoon OFFLINE  

atomicmoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Local time: 07:36 PM

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:46 PM

I am assuming the provider includes the username and password in the file somehow.  I want to edit the file and include only the channels I really want.  I don't have the time or patience to try and watch 6000 channels!

If your provider gives you an m3u link and an xml file for your epg, I HIGHLY recommend iptv-epg.com. You upload your m3u to their site, then organize the channels/groups as you see fit. You can even remove the thousands of channels you don't want and provide custom logos on the server end.
I was skeptical of the service at first, but after spending some time with it, I've trimmed my 12,000+ down to a tight 250ish and I have a full EPG for 99% of my channels.
The main reason to use iptv-epg would be for a more complete epg, but the organization could be a service just by itself.

• Jason'sEmby likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Live TV, Tuner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users