Shares with passwords

Fonseca.Shawn@gmail.com

Fonseca.Shawn@gmail.com

I am new to Emby and I have been using plex for a year now.

Why can't Emby see my mapped network drive on  my server?

When will Emby let you add a network drive with a password? I have looked around and it seams this question has been asked a lot over time.

Why can't Emby see my mapped network drive on  my server?

Hi, Emby supports this. Can you please describe the issue that you're having? Thanks.

Fonseca.Shawn@gmail.com

Hello,

When I look I can not see my T drive so I then go to network browser and it finds nothing. When I type in the network path it says this path could not be found

I will add screen shots below

5bdf120a1d93b_NoT.png

5bdf12265d066_path1.png

5bdf12386930a_path.png

Fonseca.Shawn@gmail.com

The drive is on a different pc yes. It is password protected with a user name and password 

Fonseca.Shawn@gmail.com

From my computer with Emby I can can access the folders using windows explorer file browsing with no issues, I thought I would add this info

Fonseca.Shawn@gmail.com

That is a major security problem, are you going to ever fix this? If I had know this has been an issue that has been ignored by the programmers for so long I would have not picked up a life time pass today

Fonseca.Shawn@gmail.com

After doing some research I can see you have been saying that for over a year.sadly I will be uninstalling Emby as this makes it unusable for me.

I apologize. We are working as hard and as fast as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I apologize. We are working as hard and as fast as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Thanks.

Still nothing for this issue?

If you’re not doing this in an AD domain, why not just add a matching username/password on your storage, and set that account to have rights in the folders in question? That should permit application-based access between the Emby instance and your file server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Frankly it's likely not a high priority because it wouldn't get used often on a home based media setup based on how often this is  ever requested.  I know many of us use an anonymouse share so that some of the clients we use can directly access the media..

It's a good thing to have for sure, but isn't requested very often.

You can always login as a user on the computer running Emby Server (not as a service) and then use any mapped drives or UNC drives you have access to.

Frankly it's likely not a high priority because it wouldn't get used often on a home based media setup based on how often this is  ever requested.

No, this is not the reason. The reason is that you can do this within your host operating system. Try  mounting the network location to a local share using the tools in the OS. Then add that local share path into Emby Server.

I think you actually said the same thing, LOL

This isn't an often asked for feature as it's just not common to set login credentials in programs themselves instead of at the OS level which I mentioned  can already be done.