New Smooth TV Guide

cptv

Hey guys. I loved the old Fire TV app but am having a hard time adjusting to the new one with "Smooth TV Guide". The channels scroll A LOT slower and it takes me a long time to scroll to the end of my channel list with 100+ channels. Also the category background color (ie Sports, Kids, etc) does not display properly in the new app while scrolling (random things have the blue sports background). The most glaring issue seems to be the fade out/fade in effect the guide does when you stop scrolling. Just thought I'd share my opinion as I thought the old version of the TV guide was pretty damn good. Cheers and great job otherwise!

Edit: One more issue I have with the new Live TV Guide. When I used the Fire TV Menu Button (3 horizontal lines) to bring up the half-screen guide during playback- it now takes two button presses of the back button to exit the half-screen guide. It used to take one. It's not a guide deal but I often pull up the guide just to see what else is on during a commercial and much preferred the old functionality.

Edited by plexinthecloud
  • Like 1

Hi.  Thanks for the feedback on the new presentation.

it now takes two button presses of the back button to exit the half-screen guide. It used to take one. It's not a guide deal but I often pull up the guide just to see what else is on during a commercial and much preferred the old functionality.

It should have always taken two back presses to dismiss but the exact function has changed.  Previously, the first back would have taken you to the toolbar and now, it takes you to the top of the guide.

• Like 1

It should have always taken two back presses to dismiss but the exact function has changed.  Previously, the first back would have taken you to the toolbar and now, it takes you to the top of the guide.

D'oh! You're totally right about that. However (if I'm not mistaken again)- now if you're watching a channel (say Ch 33) and you hit back once it takes you back to the guide, twice it takes you to the top of the guide, three times and it finally takes you out of live tv. Very minor issue but three times to leave TV seems a bit much.

I very much appreciate you taking feedback and hope you don't take it the wrong way. I would like to emphasize again that I absolutely loved the old app Fire TV for Live TV. And Emby overall has improved so much since I last used it (back in high school :P). You guys are doing an awesome job!