Music: 2nd disc different image

Dibbes

Dibbes

When playing a multi-disc album and the 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) disc has a different image (in the file), the image of the first disc is still shown when playing. All files are tagged correctly and in the same folder so these show up as multidisc albums on the server.

Can this be fixed, please?

Hi, this is not a defect. Images are currently only supported at the album level, not the disc level. One disc image per album is supported. You would have to make them separate albums altogether.

Dibbes

Hi, this is not a defect. Images are currently only supported at the album level, not the disc level. One disc image per album is supported. You would have to make them separate albums altogether.

I thought that music was tag based. Either way, and not to sound rude, but doesn't making separate albums out of this defeat the whole purpose of having disc 1, disc 2, etc?

Dibbes

is it on the map to use images from the tags at one point and only if none existent the folder image?

Dibbes

Your decision obviously, but I'm not sure if that is the best approach when all the rest is tag based. I'm sure it's a lot easier to do so as it makes sense for everything else (except audiobooks), but it seems to lack flexibility to me