Emby for Android Shield TV not playing back HDR on all titles

gleep52

Riggs

Does the latest patch that you have fix 'cropped' files HDR playback?

I don't test the file yet.

However, that patch comes yesterday at night at 7 PM (-6GMT US Central time) it arrives directly from NVIDIA to MY DEVICE.

I don't have any link or whatever of that non-public patch.

You have to ask for the patch to the moderator on Nvidia Forums.

Riggs

Your previous posts on the subject screwed the discussion, as the patch you mentioned wasn't even for the cropped content issue being discussed in this thread and on the Github issue.

You wasted a lot of people's time when you posted about the patch and it turned out worthless.

So where is the link to this patch?

How have you got it when no-one else has?

Why hasn't there been an update on the Github issue of this patch is from Nvidia?

Due to your previous comments, it's hard to believe what you're saying.

Why would you even try and look for a patch if you don't have the issue.

This is not a Linux forum when everybody don't care nobody.

I can take my responsibility for any misunderstood, but I did not kill anyone, nor did I mistreat him. The country where you live has that damn culture and custom, and i can understand that, but not accept your abuse. Control your answers, you are moderator, you must control yourself.

You are my age, you should already know that your duty is to help others, not to make a problem in a forum that serves the client. I am only one more user/client that makes the effort to help, if I can and to contribute to the community. That was the way my parents raised me.

Emby is a company, it is no longer open software from any point of view. What you say to the clients as a moderator affects the company. Think about it.

Edited by HRSCR

Good day,

Please stay with the rules of Emby Community when reply to other members.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Riggs

Good day,

Please stay with the rules of Emby Community when reply to other members.

Thanks.

I don't start this sir, i you want, you can return my money and i leave this place.

Also if any members facing problem with any mod's team, should pm the admin's team here, and we will try to solve the matters.

Thanks.

I don't start this sir, i you want, you can return my money and i leave this place.

Hi there, I apologize for your issue. We're happy to continue to work with you to resolve it for you. Thanks.

Good day,

The community forum here, for helping solving your Emby Server/App's issue, not any other things.

If you are not happy with your emby, please PM Ebr regarding that, and no need to public posting the issue here.

Thanks.

My best

CBers

Also if any members facing problem with any mod's team, should pm the admin's team here, and we will try to solve the matters.

Thanks.

Nothing to solve, move on.

CBers

Hi there, I apologize for your issue. We're happy to continue to work with you to resolve it for you. Thanks.

Luke, no issue here that hasn't been reported before.

Nothing to solve, move on.

Good to hear.

But my reply for general matters.

CBers

This is not a Linux forum when everybody don't care nobody.

I can take my responsibility for any misunderstood, but I did not kill anyone, nor did I mistreat him. The country where you live has that damn culture and custom, and i can understand that, but not accept your abuse. Control your answers, you are moderator, you must control yourself.

You are my age, you should already know that your duty is to help others, not to make a problem in a forum that serves the client. I am only one more user/client that makes the effort to help, if I can and to contribute to the community. That was the way my parents raised me.

Emby is a company, it is no longer open software from any point of view. What you say to the clients as a moderator affects the company. Think about it.

I've nothing more to say.

And the fact that my avatar says MOD has nothing to do with my comments.

I am a user like you and you clouded the situation a few weeks back.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Hope your testing works, so we can put this thread to bed.

• Like 2

FrostByte

@ do you have any release notes you can share which state that there is a fix for cropped media and HDR?  That way someone can use it to ask nvidia maybe and we can also test it out?

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

Maybe a link to the particular thread in the Nvidia forums where you asked the moderator for the patch?

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

It feels like nobody is actually owning who's to blame. Is it Nvidia or is it Exoplayer or is it Emby? So much confusion.

• Like 1

vdatanet

For now, I get rid of the problem by avoiding these files and adding hard drives to my system to compensate the extra size needed. I think this can last a long time.

• Like 3

TylerV76

For now, I get rid of the problem by avoiding these files and adding hard drives to my system to compensate the extra size needed. I think this can last a long time.

Thats a very expensive non-solution. Unfortunately, the cheaper and more permanent solution is to use another software. This seems to be the path many have began taking.

CBers

the cheaper and more permanent solution is to use another software

???

vdatanet

Thats a very expensive non-solution. Unfortunately, the cheaper and more permanent solution is to use another software. This seems to be the path many have began taking.

Yes, you can use another software like Plex, their client applications have more compatibility but I hate the Plex Server and I love the Emby Server. I don't like Kodi to play Emby files. I prefer use Emby native apps.

vdatanet

???

I think he refers to the extra use of discs for having files that weigh more.