Emby for Android Shield TV not playing back HDR on all titles

gleep52

Excellent work ebr! You did it! A big round of applause! Take a bow, buddy! :)

The fix was nVidia.  We just had some extra stuff laying around (from trying to work around a different device's own firmware issue) interfering with it.

• Like 2

CBers

Good news - I have this working in our app now as well.

The fix was nVidia. We just had some extra stuff laying around (from trying to work around a different device's own firmware issue) interfering with it.

Can you expand on that statement please?

I'm sure lots of people will be interested.

• Like 1

The Sony TV black bar bug maybe?

Grey bar bug but, yes, exactly.

Bottom line, the bug here was in the Shield experience 7.x.  They did fix it in 8.x but only if your elements had very specific properties and I had been playing with those properties to try and get around the Sony problem.

• Like 1

pünktchen

Btw, people who like to see HDR finally working with Emby on the Shield should still sign up for Nvidia's next test image. Because currently there's a new bug in the Shield (not Emby) that sends the wrong colorspace to your equipment.

vdatanet

Good news - I have this working in our app now as well.

Beta will be forthcoming.

I've installed the new beta and HDR is triggered on cropped movies!!!! Great!!!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

• Like 3

moviefan

New beta shield client or emby server release?

Anyone can point me to beta shield instructions if the former?

Thanks @@ebr for your quick work.

ACGriffiths

Thanks ebr, everything works fine now, as it should. You just saved Emby for me...

+1 Faith restored!

And double good news, my bluray drive is one of the "UHD friendly" drives. Can rip to my standard/settings now. Happy days!

I released the app on Google today so you don't need to run beta for it.

Thanks.

• Like 1

ike301

Thanks.

Thank you. I wasn't pulling my hair out over this, because I was using Kodi for my HDR titles, but I'm glad to see this working using Emby now. 

Tester

Thanks.

I have not seen this released yet, at what level is it release ? Beta, Stable, final ?

I have not seen this released yet, at what level is it release ? Beta, Stable, final ?

It is available in the normal store.  Current version is 1.7.43.

jrhessey

Can someone post a picture of the stats for nerds? I'm playing HDR content and I think it looks better, but the info doesn't show HDR in any of the information. Should it? Is there somewhere else to look too see if it is being displayed? I'm on the latest version now as well, verified the number after I updated. @@ebr thanks for all the work you and your team do!!!

Tester

It is available in the normal store.  Current version is 1.7.43.

Very strange, I have been on 1.7.43g for a while now.. Could that be why I reported HDR working as soon as Pie was released ?

Regardless, I am still on 1.7.43g and HDR works for me.

Can someone post a picture of the stats for nerds? I'm playing HDR content and I think it looks better, but the info doesn't show HDR in any of the information. Should it? Is there somewhere else to look too see if it is being displayed? I'm on the latest version now as well, verified the number after I updated. @@ebr thanks for all the work you and your team do!!!

Your display should tell you.  The app itself doesn't have this information.

Very strange, I have been on 1.7.43g for a while now.. Could that be why I reported HDR working as soon as Pie was released ?

Regardless, I am still on 1.7.43g and HDR works for me.

1.7.43 was created yesterday and only available yesterday afternoon so you haven't been on that version for any longer than that.

Tester

1.7.43 was created yesterday and only available yesterday afternoon so you haven't been on that version for any longer than that.

Need to put down the pipe when I look into these things.

Regardless, great work and many thanks !!!