Photo

can I use the Extras folder for ALL extras (deleted scenes, interviews and so on)?

naming

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 horizonbrave OFFLINE  

horizonbrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Local time: 08:42 PM

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:47 AM

Hi,

I was reading the wiki regarding naming convention and it suggests to create a single for sub-folder for each extra content (extras, specials, shorts, scenes, featurettes, behind the scenes, deleted scenes, interviews, trailers).

I found really time consuming.. because I have to do rename a lot of files folder for each movie have... can I instead just use a single "extras" sub-folder and chuck everything in there?

If so, please any con?

Can I just leave them named with interview.mkv, cutscenes.mkv and so on?

Thanks for any clarification :)

#2 aspdend OFFLINE  

aspdend

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 548 posts
  • Local time: 12:42 PM
  • LocationWest Sussex

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:39 AM

I only use a single extras folder and everything is named the same as the main movie with -extras01 -extras02 etc at the end.

Eg deadpool (YEAR) [BDRip-2160p] -extras01.mp4

And that has worked for me - I don't really care about the separate elements being identified specifically, as I only tend to watch the extras once

#3 horizonbrave OFFLINE  

horizonbrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:43 AM

And that has worked for me - I don't really care about the separate elements being identified specifically, as I only tend to watch the extras once

ahaha, thanks! that reminds me that I never thought about the most important element: how to access these "extras".. is there a special button for each movie?

#4 lorac OFFLINE  

lorac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • Local time: 04:42 AM
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:04 AM

You'll see extras under the cast and crew. Doesn't matter how they are named.

If you have extras you can't have multiple movies in the same folder though as then emby detects your extras as individual movies.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
  • horizonbrave likes this

#5 daedalus OFFLINE  

daedalus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • Local time: 01:42 PM

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:01 PM

**deleted**

Edited by daedalus, 10 October 2018 - 12:08 PM.

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139953 posts
  • Local time: 07:42 AM

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:13 PM

If you have extras you can't have multiple movies in the same folder though as then emby detects your extras as individual movies.

Not if they are named using our extras naming convention.

• aspdend likes this

#7 horizonbrave OFFLINE  

horizonbrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:48 PM

Not if they are named using our extras naming convention.

Thanks Luke for joining.

So let's say I'll start having multiple version of the movie in the same folder.. do I need to strictly adhere to the naming convention (one folder for each extra) or can I put them all in one "extra" folder?

For multilple version I guess we're just talking about different resoluions/encods, right? The wiki actually doesn't mention what to do in case of Director's cut version, Teathrical Releases.. and I'm curious about it :)

Cheers!

#8 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139953 posts
  • Local time: 07:42 AM

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:14 PM

The wiki does go over multi-version. it's in the movie naming guide. I would check that out. Thanks.

• horizonbrave likes this

#9 aspdend OFFLINE  

aspdend

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 548 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:40 AM

Thanks Luke for joining.

So let's say I'll start having multiple version of the movie in the same folder.. do I need to strictly adhere to the naming convention (one folder for each extra) or can I put them all in one "extra" folder?

For multilple version I guess we're just talking about different resoluions/encods, right? The wiki actually doesn't mention what to do in case of Director's cut version, Teathrical Releases.. and I'm curious about it :)

Cheers!

I don't use multiple encodes for different devices etc  as I don't need that currently in my setup. However, if I have a different cut of a film, I will normally just store it in the extras folder and it will appear as an extra under the main title. Again, this works for me (As luke said, follow the wiki for the naming conventions)

#10 ldexterldesign OFFLINE  

ldexterldesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationUK ✈ EU (currently Malta)

Posted 07 April 2019 - 10:51 PM

FYI https://emby.media/c...ure-suggestion/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users