Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:42 AM

+1 for this plugin, it would be nice to have this native in emby

• bugmenot and neik like this

#82 WoodyJ007 OFFLINE  

WoodyJ007

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 05:45 PM

+1 for this. I've come from Plex and it seems very strange this is not a standard feature. There are posts from 2015 asking for this.

It already knows the title it's linked to, movie poster, movie info etc.. so duplicates seems more like a bug to me. Saying it's a naming issue doesn't make sense. Especially as Plex does this near perfectly for years.
  • M3th0s likes this

#83 M3th0s OFFLINE  

M3th0s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Local time: 07:33 PM

Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:47 PM

Or when this plugin doesn’t seem to have a load of issues doing it.

#84 M3th0s OFFLINE  

M3th0s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 04:57 AM

Morning all

I seem to have encountered an issue, and wondering if this is the plugin creating it.

I have a Movies library. Under it I might have Kids, Documentaries, etc. I also have 4K under this same library. I've added all these libraries and as expected the plugin did its work and grouped the movies correctly. However, I have some users that do not have the capability to play 4K and therefore under permissions I disabled their access to the 4K folder under the Movies folder. This in turn did nothing. They could still see and play the 4K version.

Thinking it was a library issue, I removed 4K from under Movies and created a brand new library called "Movies-4K". I then set the right permissions for the users and lo and behold, they could still see the 4K versions under the movies that had them. If I went into the "Movies-4K" library I could not only see the 4K versions of these movies but also the 1080p versions.

Can anyone replicate this, and most importantly, is there a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Just seen someone back a few posts that had the same issue. It seems the plugin groups everything independently of what libraries they're located on. This would actually be fine if Emby folder restrictions still applied to users. They don't. Doesn't matter what boxes are ticked at user permissions level, they still get access to the movies in any folder (if these movies have multiple copies). 

EDIT2: I'm also not the first person complaining about this:

https://emby.media/c...lections/page-3

https://emby.media/c...sion-selection/

If the auto version selection worked I wouldn't have to worry as my advise is usually leave the bitrate settings to auto. However I'm getting people with phones playing 4k versions and transcoding the hell outta them.

Luke, mikeplanet, is there anyway you guys could have a look at this? I don't need users creating heavy load on my server because they're trying to transcode a 4k file when they don't even have a TV or device that can play it. This coupled with the fact that Emby is in fact not auto-selecting the best quality snowballs into a big issue.

Thanks in advance

Edited by M3th0s, 16 March 2020 - 10:00 AM.

#85 mbc0 OFFLINE  

mbc0

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:27 PM

Morning all

I seem to have encountered an issue, and wondering if this is the plugin creating it.

I have a Movies library. Under it I might have Kids, Documentaries, etc. I also have 4K under this same library. I've added all these libraries and as expected the plugin did its work and grouped the movies correctly. However, I have some users that do not have the capability to play 4K and therefore under permissions I disabled their access to the 4K folder under the Movies folder. This in turn did nothing. They could still see and play the 4K version.

Thinking it was a library issue, I removed 4K from under Movies and created a brand new library called "Movies-4K". I then set the right permissions for the users and lo and behold, they could still see the 4K versions under the movies that had them. If I went into the "Movies-4K" library I could not only see the 4K versions of these movies but also the 1080p versions.

Can anyone replicate this, and most importantly, is there a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Just seen someone back a few posts that had the same issue. It seems the plugin groups everything independently of what libraries they're located on. This would actually be fine if Emby folder restrictions still applied to users. They don't. Doesn't matter what boxes are ticked at user permissions level, they still get access to the movies in any folder (if these movies have multiple copies). 

EDIT2: I'm also not the first person complaining about this:

https://emby.media/c...lections/page-3

https://emby.media/c...sion-selection/

If the auto version selection worked I wouldn't have to worry as my advise is usually leave the bitrate settings to auto. However I'm getting people with phones playing 4k versions and transcoding the hell outta them.

Luke, mikeplanet, is there anyway you guys could have a look at this? I don't need users creating heavy load on my server because they're trying to transcode a 4k file when they don't even have a TV or device that can play it. This coupled with the fact that Emby is in fact not auto-selecting the best quality snowballs into a big issue.

Thanks in advance

Really would like to use this plugin or have it native in emby but with that issue it is not possible for me just yet.

#86 M3th0s OFFLINE  

M3th0s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:28 PM

It’s been resolved in the latest public version of emby :)

#87 mbc0 OFFLINE  

mbc0

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:33 PM

It’s been resolved in the latest public version of emby :)

ah, fantastic! I will install the plugin now then! thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users