Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

PenkethBoy

The dev has to start the process with emby to get it in the catalogue - might be he never bother or wanted it to be in the catalogue

On 11/10/2020 at 09:07, PenkethBoy said:

The dev has to start the process with emby to get it in the catalogue - might be he never bother or wanted it to be in the catalogue

Given this is similar to the tv show merge implementation it doesn't make sense for this to even be a separate plugin, but should be default with emby.

PenkethBoy

Well if the plugin dev made the code available then the emby devs could probably dust it off and add it in quite simply and quickly - but until he does or adds the plugin to the catalogue - not much we can do

Could say the same about most plugins 

Hi

I installed the plugins, I thought it was excellent but it has a serious problem.
It allows any user to access, watch, any movie, even those in folders that the user is not allowed to watch.

I did the test and it happens.
Users can watch all movie folders, even those that are not authorized.

Understood?
This is a serious problem, please get it fixed :(

On 7/29/2020 at 9:40 AM, M3th0s said:

This was an issue initially but got fixed (thanks @Luke!). So if under folder permissions you don't give users access to a certain folder they only see the versions they're allowed to see :)

not work for me.

Yes this was definitely fixed as I reported this issue a little while ago and I tested it myself. 
be sure you’re using the latest version of emby server. 

Edit: just tested this in case latest version introduced a bug and it still works as expected. Blocked myself access to my 4K movies folder and after only get access to 1080p stuff. 

Edited by M3th0s
  • Like 1

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, gsites said:

Hi

I installed the plugins, I thought it was excellent but it has a serious problem.
It allows any user to access, watch, any movie, even those in folders that the user is not allowed to watch.

I did the test and it happens.
Users can watch all movie folders, even those that are not authorized.

Understood?
This is a serious problem, please get it fixed :(

You need to go over an example as grouping versions has nothing to do with server folder access.  So I would assume it needs its own topic.

14 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

You need to go over an example as grouping versions has nothing to do with server folder access.  So I would assume it needs its own topic.

Hmm it partly does.

Emby server now respects folder access restrictions even when if the files are grouped under one movie, where it didn't use to.

Sorry if I'm confusing things here but thought that's what @gsites meant.

2 hours ago, M3th0s said:

Hmm it partly does.

Emby server now respects folder access restrictions even when if the files are grouped under one movie, where it didn't use to.

Sorry if I'm confusing things here but thought that's what @gsites meant.

thank you
I updated to the latest version of emby and now it seems to be working perfectly, the plugin is excellent !!! thanks to the developer !!!!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 5:34 AM, MikePlanet said:

... as I was tired of manually grouping all my movie versions into groups after each recreation of the db, I created a plugin to help with that. 

The use case is having movies, that belong together spread around and not being able to easily match the emby naming conventions, but still having the desire to present them as one item with multiple versions.

The plugin works similar to the auto boxsets, but does the "movie versions grouping" - it will group all movies based on their TMDB id into one item, regardless of where they're placed and how they're named.

I made that for myself - however, if anybody is interested, attached is a plugin that solves this issue.

Attached version is for current 3.6.0.49 beta Server, do NOT use it with stable release!

Plugin is alpha state, you should only use it, if you are willing to backup your db (there is no way to revert the changes otherwise!) and manually put the dll in the server plugin directory.

Do not use it in your production environment before having tested in a test environment that you're fine with what it does - seriously! ;-).

Note: There is a known bug in the web GUI presentation which is described here, which needs to be fixed on emby side. 

Edit: the mentioned display bug in BoxSets is fixed in Emby now, thanks Luke.

AutoCollections-for3-6-0-49-betaServer.zip 11.09 kB · 55 downloads

AutoCollections-for3-6-0-75-betaServer.zip 10.39 kB · 36 downloads

AutoCollections-for-4.1.0.15-betaServer.zip 11.64 kB · 43 downloads

AutoCollections-for-4.2.0.17-betaServer.zip (4.5.x.xx+)

thank you
this is excellent
Long live Emby !!!

Also just found something really interesting.

Re: restriction and auto grouping, if the person say doesn't have access to 4k and the movie has a 1080p and a 4k version, when browsing collections, that movie won't show up within collections..

As an example, without any restrictions, I get a star wars collection. If I remove 4k from my permissions, that collection is now gone since I also have 4k versions of all the movies.

@Luke anyway of looking into this?

Thanks in advance

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, M3th0s said:

Also just found something really interesting.

Re: restriction and auto grouping, if the person say doesn't have access to 4k and the movie has a 1080p and a 4k version, when browsing collections, that movie won't show up within collections..

As an example, without any restrictions, I get a star wars collection. If I remove 4k from my permissions, that collection is now gone since I also have 4k versions of all the movies.

@Luke anyway of looking into this?

Thanks in advance

I am not seeing this behavior testing this. But this sounds like the same database issue users have with auto grouping via naming scheme.  Basically there would be rouge entries in the database,

Now if you tested creating new libraries with new folder paths with a couple items to test with that are part of a collection do you see the same results?

I've tried recreating the libraries and the same problem occurs.

On 19/10/2020 at 21:38, Happy2Play said:

I am not seeing this behavior testing this. But this sounds like the same database issue users have with auto grouping via naming scheme.  Basically there would be rouge entries in the database,

Now if you tested creating new libraries with new folder paths with a couple items to test with that are part of a collection do you see the same results?

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, M3th0s said:

I've tried recreating the libraries and the same problem occurs.

What does recreating the libraries mean?  If you removed and readded the same folders, that will not work.

But in the end it has nothing to do with this topic.

Edited by Happy2Play

Recreating the lbraries means what I've said. I've removed the entire library (movies) and all it's pertaining folders (/location/movies and /location/movies4k) and recreated the movies library after restarting emby (to be on the safe side).

2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

What does recreating the libraries mean?  If you removed and readded the same folders, that will not work.

Happy2Play
Just now, M3th0s said:

Recreating the lbraries means what I've said. I've removed the entire library (movies) and all it's pertaining folders (/location/movies and /location/movies4k) and recreated the movies library after restarting emby (to be on the safe side).

So re-adding the same folder names will not fix the database issue with those specific paths ie rouge database entries.  Now if new folder paths do the same then  that is another story.

If you tested creating new libraries with new folder paths with a couple items to test with that are part of a collection do you see the same results?

Just now, Happy2Play said:

So re-adding the same folder names will not fix the database issue with those specific paths ie rouge database entries.  Now if new folder paths do the same then  that is another story.

If you tested creating new libraries with new folder paths with a couple items to test with that are part of a collection do you see the same results?

Testing this now :) Thanks for clarifcation

Hi,

I have a little problem.
When I click on plugins

loop-00.jpg.eb8df24be7dd1c5a49522ae45b805d7c.jpg

=================================================================================================================

Stay in loop and not stop

=================================================================================================================

loop-01.jpg.7b6fc94c7ddde5f026feb58e31734ca2.jpg

If I check to save, when I press refresh it goes back to the same place and doesn't save the settings

loop-02.jpg.184386a73f3bbf4dd63bd7a1396f763c.jpg

loop-03.jpg.f6da60dec19ce924dd74d4a3cdd57661.jpg

What do I need to do?

Thank you

19 minutes ago, gsites said:

Hi,

I have a little problem.
When I click on plugins

loop-00.jpg.eb8df24be7dd1c5a49522ae45b805d7c.jpg

Stay in loop and not stop

loop-01.jpg.7b6fc94c7ddde5f026feb58e31734ca2.jpg

If I check to save, when I press refresh it goes back to the same place and doesn't save the settings

loop-02.jpg.184386a73f3bbf4dd63bd7a1396f763c.jpg

loop-03.jpg.f6da60dec19ce924dd74d4a3cdd57661.jpg

What do I need to do?

Thank you

I think that is a different plugin than what is being discussed here.

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

I think that is a different plugin than what is being discussed here.

===================================================================

is the same plugin, see

===================================================================

loop-04.jpg.6aca6514d022c21e39a03f7fc4822974.jpg

Happy2Play

Didn't even know there was settings on the plugin.  But I get the same results, no errors in log but a console error.

router.js?v=4.5.2.0:1 appRouter - processing path request /web#!/configurationpage
router.js?v=4.5.2.0:1 appRouter - user is authenticated
VM173:45 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: $(...).checked is not a function
    at <anonymous>:45:59
(anonymous) @ VM173:45
Promise.then (async)
(anonymous) @ VM173:44
dispatch @ jquery.slim.min.js?v=4.5.2.0:2
v.handle @ jquery.slim.min.js?v=4.5.2.0:2
onViewChange @ viewmanager.js?v=4.5.2.0:1
(anonymous) @ viewmanager.js?v=4.5.2.0:1
Promise.then (async)
ViewManager.loadView @ viewmanager.js?v=4.5.2.0:1