had an issue with emby not working

hjason7812

hjason7812

Hello, i had an issue with emby not working so i deleted everything on freenas that had to do with emby..

I reinstalled everything and redid the storage for it.. went to configure everything on the server, and install the server config backup plugin and it fails every time..

What happened to the plugin section, everything fail's to install now?

hjason7812

11.1 u6

I go into emby and go to plug-ins and go to catalog then find the plugin i want click it then click install. Everyone of them fail to install..

11.1 u6

I go into emby and go to plug-ins and go to catalog then find the plugin i want click it then click install. Everyone of them fail to install..

Hi, please provide the information requested in post #3. Thanks.

hjason7812

Hi, please provide the information requested in post #3. Thanks.

Luke i hope this is what you were looking for?

You have the rest of the info on what is wrong..

It is every plugin i try to install, and emby is a complete fresh install..

Emby version is 3.3.1.0

Emby Server Log.txt

post-175947-0-68237700-1537808212_thumb.png

adrianwi

FreeNAS is in a period of flux, and one of the main casualties is the plugin functionality.  I'm pretty sure all of the plugins available in the current UI at 11.1-Ux are broken as they are based on warden jails which are EOL as they are using a FreeBSD 11.0 template.

The emby team have developed a simple scripted installation for FreeNAS 11.1, which utilises the new jail system, iocage, but this needs to be run from the command line and is a little more complex than clicking a button, although not that much more and should be possible for anyone who can copy and paste.

I believe there will be working plugins in FreeNAS 11.2, although this is currently still in beta and as such, I haven't played with it in anger. 

Edited by adrianwi

hjason7812

So the internal emby plugins are affected by the freenas plugin? That makes no sense at all

Edited by hjason7812

The list of available plugins is stored on the internet. Since the time of the 3.3.1 release, security requirements of many remote websites have gotten stronger.

The FreeNAS plugin is built on an old version of the mono runtime which does not support these new security standards. Because of this, your Emby Server is unable to install plugins from the internet, and will probably have other problems accessing the internet, like downloading metadata or images for example.

hjason7812

FreeNAS is in a period of flux, and one of the main casualties is the plugin functionality.  I'm pretty sure all of the plugins available in the current UI at 11.1-Ux are broken as they are based on warden jails which are EOL as they are using a FreeBSD 11.0 template.

The emby team have developed a simple scripted installation for FreeNAS 11.1, which utilises the new jail system, iocage, but this needs to be run from the command line and is a little more complex than clicking a button, although not that much more and should be possible for anyone who can copy and paste.

I believe there will be working plugins in FreeNAS 11.2, although this is currently still in beta and as such, I haven't played with it in anger. 

I took your theory into account.. and that is all it is a theory because i went ahead and rolled back the freenas update to the 11.1 u5 which i had no problem with emby on..

And to my surprise emby still won't let me install any internal plugins...

hjason7812

Hense why it should be updated regularly just like other versions of emby. I don't know where to begin finding info on how to manually update it. And don't want to take the chance probably screwing up my server..

Because it has been community maintained up this point, by a community volunteer, and sometimes it falls a little behind.

I would suggest switching to our official package:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60971-new-freenas-package-for-testing/

In the future we will look to replace that in the freenas catalog with ours. Thanks.

hjason7812

I know it was a volunteer, that kind a back fired on the community though. If i knew how to code i wouldn't abandon a community relying on me..

I'll probably need help installing the package. Do you havw to delete the current install to be able to get the package installed?

He didn't abandon us. He is still responsive when I communicate with him and we're very appreciative of how long he spent maintaining it.

I wouldn't delete anything. You can just jump straight to the instructions here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60971-new-freenas-package-for-testing/

Thanks.

This is your answer right here. 

The plugins on 11.1 are built for warden jails and warden jails are now obsolete. It's like trying to play a brand new xbox game on an old super nintendo.

FreeNAS has evolved to using iocage jails. If you update your FreeNAS to the new 11.2 Beta 3, there are some plugins there. As with @@adrianwi, I haven't tried them either. But the installation instructions for installing emby through the new FreeNAS shell are posted here on these forums and it literally requires you to copy/paste 2 lines of code into shell. It doesn't get much easier than that.

I've read on other forums that the radarr plugin that you can click and install is working. I know there were issues with the sonarr plugin pulling in radarr because of a link error. I'm assuming that has been fixed. 

At the end of the day, until you update to the new version of FreeNAS, your system won't be compatible with the new version of Emby. 

hjason7812

He didn't abandon us. He is still responsive when I communicate with him and we're very appreciative of how long he spent maintaining it.

I wouldn't delete anything. You can just jump straight to the instructions here:

Thanks.

i'm sorry i just don't get it... I watched the video and read everything still am confused.. Now mind you i have a tramatic brain injury where thing's are hard to understand sometimes..

hjason7812

i got it where it goes to fetch the data needed.. but it always fails..

It is so annoying, that nothing wants to work...

post-175947-0-38255700-1537856484_thumb.png

Update, i found emby on the plugin available list and started to install it and now it is stuck at 75% and will not move...

Cancel that.

Scroll down on the left and click on "SHELL"

Type in the 2 lines of code found here

Should work for you. I'm unsure on the actual plugin installation on the new freenas, haven't played with it yet. I did the full setup through shell.

hjason7812

Cancel that.

Scroll down on the left and click on "SHELL"

Type in the 2 lines of code found here

Should work for you. I'm unsure on the actual plugin installation on the new freenas, haven't played with it yet. I did the full setup through shell.

i did that before i found the plugin there and it always failed.. it finally installed after 2 hours stuck at 75%.. any idea how to setup storage for it in the jail? there's nowhere to set it up like in 11.1