Ability for Folder Sync to Sync Metadata Files

jfgilliam

jfgilliam

I just tried the Folder Sync plugin and it works as expected. Except, it only copied the media. I have my metadata save in files with the media. Can you also copy the metadata files as well. You could make it optional with a setting?

My plan is to install Emby on the Laptop and take it with me to use offline at my vacation home where I have multiple TVs using Rokus. I will create a library to point at the sync folder. I'm assuming if the metadata files are already there, it will use them and not refresh them?

I'm current using the 3.6.0.44 BETA.

Edited by jfgilliam

jfgilliam

I took a look at the .nfo files and some conversion would need to be done to the paths to the images stored in there are where they are on the server, not on the target. Since the target is a shared folder, you would not know the absolute path on the target. Could they be stored as relative to the .nfo file itself?

Edited by jfgilliam

jfgilliam

It's always possible for the future, but as of this moment that is not the current intention of the sync feature.

Thanks. Please consider it for a future release.

BTW, I see the code on GitHub. Can you point me to a guide on how to compile and install it myself. I'm a Java developer, but I could probably figure out CS. I do not have VS installed either.

This is a Premiere feature so this particular aspect is not open source. The rest though you just build and run the solution like any other.

jfgilliam

I would like to add syncing .bif files, or any other non-metadata file to also be sync'ed as an option. No need for the target server to have to regenerate these files. I also think that if I have already converted to mobile, that I have the option to copy the original and the mobile version to the target.