Dashboard Scrollbar (Google Chrome v69)

moviefan

ChipWhisperer

Just out of curiosity, which browser are you using?  I've noticed the same behavior withe latest editions of Chrome, but with Firefox I can scroll down the pages.

That's brilliant. This issue appears in Chrome and Chromium, but not Firefox. @@ChipWhisperer

Thanks!

Happy2Play

Yes this is a know issue in stable server and Chrome 69 and up.

Edited by Luke

Happy2Play

Emby Server 3.5.3 is on it's way up to resolve this. Thanks.

Am I the only one that isn't receiving the update?  Restarting and running task makes no difference. 

I did a manual download on a portable test server and verified resolution.

Guest asrequested

Temporary fix

div.mainAnimatedPages.skinBody {overflow:scroll;}

Now  that it's fixed, this css needs to be removed as makes a space beyond the scroll bar.

• Like 1

CarlosLima

Now  that it's fixed, this css needs to be removed as makes a space beyond the scroll bar.

It is true, the need to remove CSS, in the current versions of the emby server. I'll do it when I update.

However, since I also use an earlier version of the emby server, # 3.4.1, I will need to maintain CSS.

• 1 month later...
shred00

Temporary fix

​Can this be applied to a running installation in any way?  I am stuck on 3.3.1 due to my machine only have a 32-bit installation of the O/S and upgrading (which mean re-installing from scratch) to 64-bit is just not in the cards any time soon.

Happy2Play

Temporary fix

​Can this be applied to a running installation in any way?  I am stuck on 3.3.1 due to my machine only have a 32-bit installation of the O/S and upgrading (which mean re-installing from scratch) to 64-bit is just not in the cards any time soon.

What OS build?

Put that in the custom css window.  Dashboard-Settings-Custom CSS

Note custom CSS only applies to LAN/WAN connections, not app.emby.media.

Edited by Happy2Play

shred00

What OS build?

Linux. Probably doesn't matter much.

Put that in the custom css window.  Dashboard-Settings-Custom CSS

Oh, decent. Didn't know about that.

Note custom CSS only applies to LAN/WAN connections, not app.emby.media.

So you mean only apps in the browser, not "native" apps such as the Android app? No matter for the latter anyway since it seems to not want to go any further than complaining that my emby server needs updating. Good thing I almost exclusively watch on Chromecast. :-)

Much thanks for the help!

shred00

So you mean only apps in the browser, not "native" apps such as the Android app? No matter for the latter anyway since it seems to not want to go any further than complaining that my emby server needs updating. Good thing I almost exclusively watch on Chromecast. :-)

So, this fixes the browser on a computer but on an Android device (in Chrome) it's even worse. It doesn't fix the scrolling but adds a huge amount of "whitespace" at the top so that what's normally on one's home page is further down below and unscrollable so as to be unusable.

Is this not fixable for mobile Chrome?

shred00

And you are not using the Emby android app because?

As I said before:

it seems to not want to go any further than complaining that my emby server needs updating.

So to be clear, the Emby Android app no longer works with the Emby server version (3.3.1) that I am using on my 32-bit Linux (which I also previously said).

Happy2Play

Well I did the leg work and compared the older librarybrowser.css and the new one, and all the users on old server need to do is remove one word.

5bdd050541369_librarybrowser.jpg

Change .pageTabContent{contain:layout style} to .pageTabContent{contain:style}

\system\dashboard-ui\css\librarybrowser.css

DangerIsGo

ebr linked me here.

I applied the custom CSS to my server 3.3.1 and all I have no content on the page.  I have the hamburger menu and the top menu, but nothing else.  

Using chrome 70.0.3538.77 on mac and windows.

Server is freenas 11.1 U5 with no PBI available for the latest emby, I'm stuck on 3.3.1

Edited by DangerIsGo

shred00

Well I did the leg work and compared the older librarybrowser.css and the new one, and all the users on old server need to do is remove one word.

Super-awesome!  That seems to work like a charm!  Thanks so much for doing the legwork!

• 2 weeks later...
jlficken

Thank you!!!!

I will be moving over to Emby and abandoning Plex if I can get everything working as it should.  This was my only real deal breaker so I'm happy that you figured it out.

Happy2Play

Thank you!!!!

I will be moving over to Emby and abandoning Plex if I can get everything working as it should.  This was my only real deal breaker so I'm happy that you figured it out.

This was only a issue for users that want to run older (no longer supported) versions of Emby.  All current releases already have this change.

Edited by Happy2Play

jlficken

This was only a issue for users that want to run older (no longer supported) versions of Emby.  All current releases already have this change.

I'm running 3.5.2.0 so I am a version behind I guess.

Happy2Play

I'm running 3.5.2.0 so I am a version behind I guess.

Correct since 3.5.3.0 was released to fix this issue.

Edited by Happy2Play