Dashboard Scrollbar (Google Chrome v69)

moviefan

csadoian

There is a way to revert the UI changes, which is what I have done for now:

1)  Go to chrome://flags/#top-chrome-md

2)  Change the setting to "normal"

3)  Relaunch Chrome

Don't know if it helps any of the issues reported in this thread.

moviefan

There is a way to revert the UI changes, which is what I have done for now:

1)  Go to chrome://flags/#top-chrome-md

2)  Change the setting to "normal"

3)  Relaunch Chrome

Don't know if it helps any of the issues reported in this thread.

Is there a setting I can change to remove all of the additional whitespace they added in the bookmark bar?  Driving me crazy!

/unrelated to Emby

csadoian

Is there a setting I can change to remove all of the additional whitespace they added in the bookmark bar?  Driving me crazy!

/unrelated to Emby

I don't see much difference in the bookmark bar between V68 and V69 (I'm looking at two computers, side by side).  Maybe a SLIGHT difference, but not much.  In any case, I don't see a setting where you can adjust that.

PuffyToesToo

I updated my Chrome browser the other day, and since doing so, Emby does not display the scroll bar on the right. It appears on the left for menu items however, and works fine in Edge. This seems to be exclusive to the Emby Web App as no other pages are showing this behaviour.  Someone else I know is reporting the same issue since they updated Chrome. 

Kodi_Newcomer

Hello Guys,

i have a problem. When i use the newest Chrome Browser i have no Scroll Sitebar on the Server Settings UI. In the Media View i have it.

See screens for example.

No Sitebar in Settings UI::

post-190077-0-68404200-1536776456_thumb.png

On Media Overview UI::

post-190077-0-95394900-1536776465_thumb.png

Greet's D3

@@Kodi_Newcomer

The scroll bar appears, but doesn't do anything.

Tested in several systems.  No issues on Chrome 68, but as soon as you upgrade to 69, it no longer works.

And this appears to only affect the dashboard area (and only the right panel)

And this os for Emby 3.5.2, running on Windows

@@drashna

Edited by Luke

Happy2Play

The scroll bar appears, but doesn't do anything.

Tested in several systems.  No issues on Chrome 68, but as soon as you upgrade to 69, it no longer works.

And this appears to only affect the dashboard area (and only the right panel)

And this os for Emby 3.5.2, running on Windows

Merged topics

For some reason in chrome there is no longer a scroll bar for emby. I assume there was an update to chrome that caused this. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it for the dashboard. @@tdiguy

monkeyslapper

Hi there.

I am using a Chromebook and using chrome browser to use Emby. Google had just done an update on chrome browser in celebration of 10 years. Anyway I have been relising I am not able to scroll up or down on chrome. BUT i am able to scroll left and right the tv series or movies. It seems to work on other website with no problems. I figure I would try emby app android and yes it is doing the samething as well.

Chrome OS - Version 70.0.3538.7 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

I am not sure what other info you would need?

Monkeyslapper

@@monkeyslapper

Happy2Play

This is a known issue in Chrome 69.

Are you having issues on all pages or just the Dashboard?  What server version?

I see scroll issues in Chrome 71 in a lot of places on beta server and pages won't display on 3.5.2.0. 

Edited by Happy2Play

rechner123

Hi

I can not scroll in server dashboard anymore.
Maybe since latest chrom for android (69.0.3497.91) from 11.09.2018

Tried clear cache on 2 devices but scrolling is not possible.
With firefox there are no problems.

Is this a chrome or emby problem/bug ? @@rechner123

chjohans

Ever since I upgraded to server version 3.5.2.0 I have lost the rightmost scrollbar on the server admin page (Dashboard) in Chrome. By coincidence Chrome was updated to a new version around the same time as well so not sure where the problem is.

This is not practical at all as I'm now unable to use my favorite browser (Chrome of course) to administer my Emby server. It is just the rightmost scrollbar on the admin page that is missing, the one to the left is there and works. The main window does not scroll so it's not just the scrollbar that is hidden for some reason. Well the scrollbar is actually there but it acts like there is nothing to scroll and does not work. Same problem in safe mode/incognito mode as well so this is very unlikely caused by one of my extensions I'm using.

My Chrome version is Version 69.0.3497.92 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have "scrollbars "everywhere else" including on the "My Media" page. And I have the scrollbar on the Dashboard as well if I use IE or Edge.

Could someone please look into this annoying issue? @@chjohans

See the attached screenshot.

post-3090-0-19047500-1537150858_thumb.jpg

Hello,

in the good old days we got update (not beta normal release) sometimes 2 Versions a Week. That was not the funny - yes. But nowadays we have problems for weeks and no update. What is so hard to correct this bug in the normal Version not in Beta and not in web-app? (btw who is using this feature at all ;-) ) 

So let me ask friendly: When will we get an update to resolve this bug?

Greetz VK

Jack Burton

Noticed this first when I went to change some user settings and couldn't scroll down to save. In the server manager for Windows the scroll bar is greyed out and no page allows scrolling. The server panel on the left has the scroll bar, but nothing when the pages load

@@Jack Burton

• Like 1

I've had an issue like this previously on Google Chrome for Mac OSX. Do check that you are using the Stable version and not the Developer or Beta version of the browser. 

@@Jonz

mauriciomaurente

I've had an issue like this previously on Google Chrome for Mac OSX. Do check that you are using the Stable version and not the Developer or Beta version of the browser. 

I think it's not just a browser, with me the error was repeated in Chrome and Firefox.

• Like 1

EODCrafter

Just the Opposite.......The Stable Version in Linux has this problem but the Beta Version (of Emby) works......No need to mess with your Browser.......

Edited by EODCrafter

ChipWhisperer

Hey there, 

Decided on a new install of Emby, on a Linux box. 

Things are....weird? Config Pages that are longer than the display don't scroll, so you cant see options lower down in the page, or access the save buttons. 

Some work, but not all the way, for instance, I can add a user, but cant edit their details. The page for the new user can't scroll, but also features the spinning wheel like things are trying to happen. When I try this I can see on the page that the user is being called "undefined" sometimes, in addition to the name I gave. I'm at a loss. The server seems functional in Kodi, but isn't actively configurable. This persisted through a complete uninstall. 

emby.txt

riothamus

Just out of curiosity, which browser are you using?  I've noticed the same behavior withe latest editions of Chrome, but with Firefox I can scroll down the pages. @@riothamus

• Like 1