Hide Top Navigation Items (customize tabs)

bigembyfan

Pejamas
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, it's possible for future updates. Thanks.

This generic response reminds me of my parents telling me "maybe" when I was a kid. 5 years for a rather simple request just seems pretty crazy tbh.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

yeah i must admit this is one of my main pet hates about emby as i dont want certain tabs to be shown, ie the folders tab as i feel its for the back end admins not the users but i guess time will tell if we can get this request

• Agree 2

• 6 months later...
OlivetIsa

I upvote this as well as I’d like to be able to customize the upper bar in the music section so Artist and genre appear first.

Is it really a big issue (just a question not trying to minimize your work) for you to implement it in Emby since it’s been asked for years ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
user24

Just adding my support for this feature. A customisable menu bar to be able to add/remove/rearrange the tabs would be fantastic! 

joekingcool

i agree this would make things more strem lined. i would like the livtv to just goto guide and have no other options at the top. 

i would like to just add buttons to the home page for recording management. 

6 hours ago, joekingcool said:

i agree this would make things more strem lined. i would like the livtv to just goto guide and have no other options at the top. 

i would like to just add buttons to the home page for recording management. 

hi, how would you get to the other live tv sections?

joekingcool
On 10/10/2023 at 2:18 PM, Luke said:

hi, how would you get to the other live tv sections?

we have a folder for recordings thats in media on main screen. plus the recordings of shows in a timeline instead of grouped so we dont use that sub menu.

tags and channels we dont use at all.because we use guide and update metadata per channel and show to filter content. 

programs ocasionally pulls stuff from other channels not allowed for our 5 yr old. so we like to hide that option for that user.

shedule and series we would like to hide from our 5 yr old just because its a distraction. even though it wont allow her to make changes. 

overall it would be nice but not nessary to hide some of those options per profile. 

• 5 weeks later...
Stroudy

Bump 🫣

I'd like to be able to remove some unused tabs to.

For me I'd remove Artists, Composers, Tags and Folders from the music top navigate bar.
I find that Album Artists provides a better list for me considering I download albums of artists that I like and don't care too much about those that feature on the tracks.

They'd be a few tabs I'd remove from TV and Movies to.

I hope this is a feature at some point.

I guess you'd add this as checkboxes in the Library settings.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, joekingcool said:

i wonder if there is different themes people have created? or mayby a way to create a custom theme by tweaking xml files? 

Hi, there is the custom css feature which will apply to the web app.

unisoft

Requested on THIS thread in 2018, soon its 2024.

So SIX years for this request that can't be that difficult to do compared to other stuff written :(

• Like 1

joekingcool
20 hours ago, Luke said:

i just thought about it. it wouldnt be that easy cause we would have to edit the apps for the other devices as well. like we use firetv. but for the the media center we use chrome browser. so we could edit the web one threw the custom css feature. it would be nice to have series, shedule, on left toolbar. i think the filters is enough for most screens that open. and put main topics on left toolbar. but im super happy the emby compared to all other media managers out there. 

but i still think we could make a way to have offline playists for music. i would help code it if needed. 1.sync playlist from server. 2. match replace source in the list to match the new device. like it wouldnt have drive letter on a phone like it would on a pc. 

even if when you are playing a playlist if it would default to using the offline music but only using a small amount of cell data to sync the playlist. idk wishful thinking . 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Plum32

New Emby user thinking about moving from using Plex for many years (it’s now getting more and more commercial – I want a media server for my own media, I don’t want to be pushed into watching other streaming services – (I hope Emby doesn’t go this way too) so "Hi" to all!

I was using the web app to set everything up and it all looked great, then I installed the FireTV app as I watch my content on a FireTV Cube and unfortunately the left sidebar is missing   Had a good look through the posts on here and it is mentioned a few times as being slated for future app updates which would be great and also being able to hide certain buttons in the UI would be really useful to me, an example would be Trailers, I'll never use it.
Cheers!

Edited by Plum32
New paragraph

10 hours ago, Plum32 said:

New Emby user thinking about moving from using Plex for many years (it’s now getting more and more commercial – I want a media server for my own media, I don’t want to be pushed into watching other streaming services – (I hope Emby doesn’t go this way too) so "Hi" to all!

I was using the web app to set everything up and it all looked great, then I installed the FireTV app as I watch my content on a FireTV Cube and unfortunately the left sidebar is missing   Had a good look through the posts on here and it is mentioned a few times as being slated for future app updates which would be great and also being able to hide certain buttons in the UI would be really useful to me, an example would be Trailers, I'll never use it.
Cheers!

@Plum32

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

Just now, Plum32 said:

Hi, downloaded from here https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/raw/master/android/emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk and installed, looks exactly the same but is definitely a different app, for example I can select vertical or horizontal layout but still no menu bar on the left side, am I missing a setting? Thanks.

It has the side bar. Have you tried clicking left?

• Like 1

Plum32

Dur, long day at work, my bad, I expected it to display a compacted left bar like the web app, now I've clicked left it displays exactly as you say, so looking good, thanks very much, I'll get back to you with some feedback once I have given it a good testing :)  Btw, brilliant support! Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Plum32

Hi Luke, the standard app is much better and the style is much better/nicer than the Plex interface, are there any plans to merge with the current FireTV app? One other thing, is there a way to save the sorting & filter settings for each library page so it is the same when opened on different platforms? Cheers.

6 hours ago, Plum32 said:

Hi Luke, the standard app is much better and the style is much better/nicer than the Plex interface, are there any plans to merge with the current FireTV app? One other thing, is there a way to save the sorting & filter settings for each library page so it is the same when opened on different platforms? Cheers.

HI, yes we are working on unifying them. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
user24
On 10/20/2018 at 9:00 AM, Richard Branches said:

I also would like to hide tabs from the music library, for example, I want to hide the "Favorites" and "Album Artists" tabs.

On 9/2/2023 at 1:54 AM, OlivetIsa said:

I upvote this as well as I’d like to be able to customize the upper bar in the music section so Artist and genre appear first.

Hey all, for those still wanting this for Music and are using the Web App, it may be possible using custom CSS. You need to inspect your server CSS code across your different libraries and make sure Music has a unique data-index number (e.g. "2" for Music + other numbers for your other libraries, anything but 2): This is what you need to look for:

css.thumb.jpg.44f7ac529bb661445b110f143552ff0d.jpg

Your number might be (say?) 4. But as long as your Movie, TV Series, etc. libraries are a different number from Music, this should still work.

(Also, it could work for a Movie library with a unique data-index number??? I haven't tried this.)

Refer to this CSS thread for details of how to hide tabs and swap tabs:

This was my beginning menu bar and the end result:

musicmenu1.thumb.jpg.2f2a0f5a18cc0b5cca9cc9f4f125cfa9.jpg

musicmenu3.thumb.jpg.130915f0fb021972ca50d6878968eb18.jpg

Edited by user24
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
yanlanfeixue

hi! I would say this is a really good idea and I would use it for web applications. But in 2024, we're still waiting for ios clients and Android clients to do the same, such as hiding the Navigation Items TAB that users don't want to see.

Edited by yanlanfeixue
  • Agree 1

yanlanfeixue
On 11/11/2023 at 12:42 PM, Luke said:

hi! From 2018 to 2024, we're still waiting for ios clients and Android clients to do the same, such as hiding the Navigation Items TAB that users don't want to see. If this is not a big problem, I hope it can be added to the development plan in the near future.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1