Audio sync issues with 3.0.10

AdrianW

Bazzu85

If stable is broken that's another thing completely, but betas, by definition, will be broken sometimes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, updated the stable on 9 july..

this isn't good..

Have you read the topic?

This goes on since a lot of releases with some stables in between and the issue still isn't fixed!

To be fair the original Bluetooth issue is fixed (at least for me) but a new issue was created with it... Audio is now out of sync while using your phone's speakers.

Btw.. thanks for explaining "beta"... :-/

infact I have the problem with wired earphones..

with bluetooth no..

neik

Yes, I have. It's a beta. Can't call something unreliable when it's in beta, that's exactly why it's there!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So, you are basically saying the app has been in beta since the issue?! For half a year, really?!

Also, you noticed this part of my post, right?

This goes on since a lot of releases with some stables in between and the issue still isn't fixed!

chrisbazz

Unfortunately this issue is what made me go back to Plex and cancel my Premier subscription. I will most likely be back when it's fixed, its just taken way too long!

imthedoctor

Unfortunately this issue is what made me go back to Plex and cancel my Premier subscription. I will most likely be back when it's fixed, its just taken way too long!

Yeah, it's hard cause there are some things about plex's app that drive me nuts. How is there no background play? But Emby doesn't seem to be putting a lot into the Android app either.

lifespeed

@@Luke, wouldn't it make sense to put the last working version (3.0.45 posted here) back in the Play store until this bug is fixed?  Audio sync'd with video is the most fundamental of features, any version after 3.0.45 that has this problem can't be suitable for release, can it?

I'm sure there are some fixes and improvements in post-3.0.45 versions, but nobody seems to care about them to the extent the audio sync problem ruins the experience of the Android App.  Please revert the play store to 3.0.45 until such time as this is addressed.

• Like 1

lifespeed

I see 3.0.64 is in the Play store, anybody tried it?  I'm guessing the audio sync issue is still there . . .

Prydwyn

I see 3.0.64 is in the Play store, anybody tried it?  I'm guessing the audio sync issue is still there . . .

Yes it is. See my post from the 23rd.

Also, no change in 3.0.65... Audio still out of sync when using the Emby app... this is getting ridiculous now. All we are asking for is basic functionality, which is not a beta issue. This is something that should be solved pre alpha release.

• Like 1

pjshots

I was having issues with the latest release when using the internal speaker. Bluetooth was fine for me.

Samsung Note 9

Video: MP4 h264

Audio: AAC LC 256K

Going to version .45 solved the issue.

Edited by pjshots

neik

Going to version .45 solved the issue.

Wondering if on .45 audio over BT is also in sync?

Edited by neik

Prydwyn

Just downloaded 3.0.66 - still no change, still out of sync on Emby app with inbuilt speakers. Still fine on VLC. Still fine on Bluetooth.

Prydwyn

Ok: 3.0.68 - yet again, still no change. Release notes mention improved support for 64-bit devices, Improved shuffling from list screens, and resolved random audio stops. Is anyone actually looking at this problem? I'm not saying it is a simple fix - I'm not a programmer - but it is certainly an essential fix. If you can't get the basics working, who is going to care about the fancy stuff?

Please - just get the audio to sync properly before doing anything else. At least then I'd have a usable app. 

Chyron

Please - just get the audio to sync properly before doing anything else. At least then I'd have a usable app. 

Indeed. I have, in fact, found myself using Plex instead of Emby for video content on my phone because of the sync issue. It's a problem at such a basic level that it doesn't really matter what other frills are added to the app.

Edited by chyron8472

The sync issue effects both streaming of video and played locally on my tablet.  I just tested playback of a sync'd movie (instead of streaming) and had the same problems.  I had not seen where someone tested this yet. 

Guest asrequested

Yeah, this needs to be fixed. Enabling video-sync=display-resample or video-sync=display-vdrop should work.

It stops it from drifting further out of sync, but the original timing seems to be out.

Edited by Doofus

This seems to work quite well

video-sync=display-resample
audio-delay=0.5

Where/how do you set those parameters in the android client?

Thanks

Eric

Guest asrequested

Where/how do you set those parameters in the android client?

Thanks

Eric

This is more for ebr, but you can test it by using mpv as an external player (I was getting the same issue, there). If you launch mpv on your phone, look in the settings, advanced, you'll see an mpv.conf option. Open that and add the audio-delay text. For the video-sync, there is a pre-configured option that you can enable.

@ can you try video-sync=audio and see how that compares. That's what we're doing, and that's what the mpv-android app is doing.

Guest asrequested

@ can you try video-sync=audio and see how that compares. That's what we're doing, and that's what the mpv-android app is doing.

That's the default. I think the delay is the main issue. The video-sync just keeps it from drifting further out of sync.

Guest asrequested

For me, with the default (video-sync=audio), the audio appears to drift further out of sync. That's why I tried the video-sync option first. Then it didn't drift, but was still out of sync. That's when I tried the delay, and everything was much better. I think 0.5 secs may not be exact, but it's pretty close, at least in my case.

PandoraLock

Are there any updates to the audio sync issues when playing through the phone's speakers? I am still on older versions to deal with the sync issue but would update to newer ones if they are fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
Prydwyn

Just installed 3.0.70... 

Audio STILL out of sync again...

Can anyone tell us why this issue is taking so long to fix? Especially when it is essential for basic functionality?