Audio sync issues with 3.0.10

AdrianW

Prydwyn

3.0.73 - Sync still good - Actually better. With .72 one film was perfect, and another was better, but not completely in sync. Both are fine now. Looks like you might have cracked it  :)

Bazzu85

@@Luke

with .73 version for me on bluetooth the sync is not good (with a downloaded media and mx player is ok).. with wired earphones is ok..

any update?

edit: with phone speakers the sync is ok, so the problem is only with bluetooth, and the delay is VERY marked..

Edited by Bazzu85

Prydwyn

As a suggestion, can you tweak your code to use the speaker settings from .75, and the Bluetooth settings from pre .70? That would fix the problem

As a suggestion, can you tweak your code to use the speaker settings from .75, and the Bluetooth settings from pre .70? That would fix the problem

We're looking into this. It's a little more difficult than that though because the user can switch on the fly.

• 2 weeks later...

I must have missed a couple of releases - just tried 0.79 but, regrettably (but maybe not unexpectedly), still no change. Sound in sync with in-built speakers, but still badly out of sync on bluetooth. Do you have any ETA yet on a fix for this?

Up to 3.0.81 now - still the same problem. Bluetooth audio lags using Emby native player. Phone speakers and wired headphones are fine. Using an external player (MX Pro and VLC) is fine. Problem applies to media played from the server or downloaded to local device. 

Any update? Is this issue being ignored, or considered a low priority? If it is a low priority, could you at least let us know what is more important to be fixed first? 

Yes, please could the developers respond to and fix this issue. I am unable to watch with wireless earphones (Samsung) without significant audio sync issues. No such issue with Plex.

Yes, please could the developers respond to and fix this issue. I am unable to watch with wireless earphones (Samsung) without significant audio sync issues. No such issue with Plex.

as a temporary workaround use the external player function for all emby media..this doesn't keep track of media progress or mark as watched..but is good..

blunderdome

as a temporary workaround use the external player function for all emby media..this doesn't keep track of media progress or mark as watched..but is good..

Is it a temporary workaround when this has been an ongoing issue since August of last year? I mean...I pay for this product primarily to use it on my Android phone. Wtf is going on here? Why isn't basic functionality like keeping playback in sync on a major mobile platform a priority?

Is it a temporary workaround when this has been an ongoing issue since August of last year? I mean...I pay for this product primarily to use it on my Android phone. Wtf is going on here? Why isn't basic functionality like keeping playback in sync on a major mobile platform a priority?

I totaly agree with you..

I don't know why it's not been fixed yet..

but for the moment there is a work around...this or switch to plex..

IMHO emby >>> plex (I'm an ex user) so I don't swtich back

"Issue remains for downloaded content" - Can you explain?

Using the web player is ok for server side media..

If you want to use synced content on phone you have to use the android app..